Biggest Loser 4

Dade

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Caroline Rhea replaced by Alison Sweeney as host of The Biggest Loser 4

When The Biggest Loser 4 goes into production this spring, it will have a new host. Caroline Rhea, the host for the show

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Don't know how I feel about that. I liked Caroline, so I will go into this with reservations.

I just hope they are not changing the trainers.

I couldnt be happier about this, Sure Caroline was ok, but Ali is awesome, she is going to be great on this show!! Cant wait to see her on it, I already know I will like it more!

• 3 weeks later...

Jillian will return for The Biggest Loser 4

Trainer Jillian Michaels will be part of The Biggest Loser 4 this fall. She inexplicably left the show or was fired last season, but she did appear on the Australian versions.

Jillian has

I like the idea of it too. Can't wait to see if they show Matt and Suzys baby.

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

The Biggest Loser Fitness Progam Book To Offer Weight Loss Tools And Tips

Thanks to The Biggest Loser, NBC's unscripted hit show (the new season premieres Tuesday, September 11 on NBC at 8:00 p.m. EST/PST), dozens of contestants have improved their health with dramatic weight loss transformations. Thousands of inspired fans of the show have undergone personal weight loss journeys using the tools and tips provided by the show's experts and medical professionals.

Now, the workout moves used by the show's trainers to train and tone the contestants on television are available to use at home or in the gym. In The Biggest Loser Fitness Program, the show's trainers will reveal:

- The most efficient and effective move for a toned belly

- Timesaving workouts designed for today's busy schedules

- Beginner and advanced modifications

- Sensible and real-life eating advice from the show's nutrition experts

Not all of us can be on television, but everyone can use this fitness program for improved health and weight loss. Complete with advice from the contestants themselves and built-in motivation from the show's trainers and experts, The Biggest Loser Fitness Program (Rodale Books; September 2007; $21.95; ISBN 1594866953) will inspire you to fight fat and become the biggest loser! The book is developed through a licensing agreement with Universal Studios Consumer Products Group.

Posted by Joe Reality on July 26, 2007 at 12:01 AM

Jilian and Kim will both return for The Biggest Loser 4, as Jillian trains a

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

The Biggest Loser Fourth Season Contestants Announced

NBC announced today the 18 contestants competing on the fourth season of the popular weight loss series "The Biggest Loser," which premieres Tuesday, Sept. 11 (8-10 p.m. ET/PT). For the first time ever, the show will feature twin brothers Bill and Jim Germanakos from Long Island, New York, as well as Hurricane Katrina survivor Lezlye Donahue, and the oldest contestant in Biggest Loser history, 62-year-old Jerry Lisenby from Peoria, Illinois.

During the exciting two-hour season premiere episode, Bob Harper (blue team) and Kim Lyons (red team) take a leap of faith to meet this season's contestants, but unbeknownst to them, they are not the only trainers. The season premiere will feature the first of many show twists with the triumphant return of former trainer Jillian Michaels, who will train the secret black team of contestants who failed to be chosen for the blue or red teams. Can Jillian effectively bring her team from the desert to the gym and will her team prove that they deserve a place at the Biggest Loser campus?

Throughout the season the show will reveal the hopes and dreams that brought contestants to the show. From fitting in an airplane seat and not needing an extender belt to running a marathon with their family, some of the contestants don't remember the last time they weighed less than 300 pounds and others have had their careers impacted by their dramatic weight. Their individual and collective stories will impact the trainers and viewers alike.

The 18 contestants competing this season for the coveted Biggest Loser title and the $250,000 prize include:

Lezlye Donahue, 34, Metairie, Louisiana

Bill Germanakos, 40, Long Island, New York

Jim Germanakos, 40, Long Island, New York

Patty Gonzalez, 34, San Diego, California

David Griffin, 31, Cedar Hill, Tennessee

Julie Hadden, 34, Jacksonville, Florida

Phil Hawk, 27, Powell, Ohio

Jerry Lisenby, 62, Peoria, Illinois

Jez Luckett, 24, Garden City, Kansas

Nicole Michalik, 26, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Isabeau Miller, 21, Franklin, Tennessee

Ryan Rodriguez, 29, Jackson Heights, New York

Hollie Self, 28, Phoenix, Arizona

Neil Tejwani, 25, Marblehead, Massachusetts

Amber Walker, 30, Houston, Texas

Bryan Washington, 29, Riverdale, Georgia

Kae Whang, 27, Clark, New Jersey

Amy Zimmer, 28, Rochester, New York

"The Biggest Loser" is a production of Reveille LLC, 25/7 Productions and 3 Ball Productions. Ben Silverman (NBC's "The Office," "Ugly Betty"), Dave Broome ("A Model Life with Petra Nemcova," "Tsunami Aid: A Concert of Hope"), JD Roth ("Age of Love," "Beauty and the Geek"), Todd A. Nelson ("Unan1mous," "Beauty and the Geek") and Mark Koops ("Blow Out," "Shear Genius") serve as executive producers.

Posted by Joe Reality on August 03, 2007 at 12:03 AM

• 4 weeks later...

Biggest Loser: Did They Keep the Weight Off? Tuesday September 4 at 9:00PM ET on NBC

Episode Detail: Biggest Loser: Did They Keep the Weight Off?

Revisiting 13 past contestants, who weigh in and report on their progress since the show. Alison Sweeney hosts.

(Thanks Dade for posting this)

I'm excited for this show to start, but was disappointed in the show tonight. I'm not sure why either. It seemed like something was missing. Maybe it was just because of the proposal. Honestly, why does anything thing that's a good idea. I feel awkward watching it. It was just so 'Robandambuh' of them. Yuck!

I mean, good for them -- wish them the best and all that, but do that kind of stuff in private, would you please??? Then you can tell us about it later... but I don't want to watch, really I don't.

Yeah Ivy, I felt the same way. There were some obvious people missing.. Jillian for one. Since she's back on the show this year you'd think she could have been there, esp with some of her past Losers there. Allison seems pretty and enthusiastic but doesn't grip on me y'know..?

I wanted Wylie to take his shirt off! He was ripped all the way back last year and he looks even better now. They all have done a fantastic job with keeping that weight off. Kudos to the Lose-ahs!

It's always a great show and will certainly deliver.

hehe Ivy, you crack me up about The Proposal! I know, I don't know why people do that. And Matt proposed to Suzie on the Today Show...

I watched the first 13 minutes... but then I realized this isn't as fun to watch as big brother is. One of the things that I wish they would touch on is the fact that Eric gained about.. what? 30 to 40 pounds since leaving the show? He lost over 200 pounds at the end of last season.

Yes -- I wish they would have pointed out the extreme measures some of them took to get to the weight they were at the finales of the shows. At that point, they really are trying to win, and I'm not sure that everything they do to get there is in the best interest of their health. I'm not disappointed that any of them gained anything back -- I think that was to be expected. But I do think they should have talked about it.

Maybe they didn't want to, because it points out a flaw in their show. It's supposed to be about people's health. And in the end, many of them end up doing things that probably are not good for them. I'm sure Matt used many of his old wrestling tricks to drop as much as possible for the finale. He even played that game on the show. gaining when he knew he was safe to drop big numbers the next week. If the show truly is about health, then any type of manipulation of your weight by anything other than healthy eating and exercise should be discouraged.

Sorry -- I'll get off my soapbox now. That is just one thing that has always bugged me about this show. I still love it though. and even those who don't win the monetary prize still go away with something much more important -- better health.

Hi cajun. Hi ivy. :animated_wave:

Yeah, good points about the extreme measures and wrestler tricks. I've been thinking about this show and how it can fail people because its so unrealistic to seclude yourself from your life and dedicate all of your time and energies towards a goal that can achieve you $250K.

I'm rethinking that maybe TBL shouldn't have a monetary prize...? Because in real life, getting a hold of your mental health and physical well-being should not be for money or a prize. To be successful it should be solidly for yourself and your Life alone.

...I'm thinking out loud. i'll get back to ya with a more solid answer. :animated_scratchchin:

Yeah, its almost disappointing to see them put weight on after the finale but as Eric said, he now has healthy lab results, sold the deli, and changed his career to fitness. I guess TBL is about making life changes. They were pretty severe at the start. Esp. him!

Anybody know about the winner of season 1...?