The Bachelor: Officer And A Gentleman

Dade

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

ABC renews The Bachelor for 10th season due to solid Bachelor 9 ratings

original post date: Nov. 17, 2006

Can a network squeeze even more life out of a dry, atrophied corpse of a reality show? Of course it can! ABC has renewed The Bachelor for a 10th season.

Variety says this renewal, which has not yet been officially announced,

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

The Bachelor Officer And A Gentleman Premieres April 2

145x85_bac_baldwin.jpg

Photo courtesy of: ABC.COM

U.S. Navy Lieutenant Andy Baldwin, M.D., 30, an undersea medical officer for a special operations dive unit stationed in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii - a real-life "officer and a gentleman" - faces the most exciting mission of his life -- finding true love -- when the tenth edition of ABC's popular romance reality series, "The Bachelor: Officer and a Gentleman," premieres MONDAY, APRIL 2 (9:45-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Andy, an accomplished triathlete and winner of recent humanitarian awards for his work in Laos last summer -- on a military mission where he treated over 600 Laotians in remote mountain villages -- grew up in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, where he was valedictorian in high school and a competitive swimmer who made All-American. He was even named ESPN's National Scholar Athlete of the Year in 1995. The Navy offered him a full ROTC scholarship, which he took and went to Duke University, where he was a varsity letter winner on the men's swim team and began training for marathons, all while taking a pre-med course load and earning a degree in biology, with a concentration in genetics. After graduating Duke with honors, he enrolled in the University of California-San Francisco School of Medicine and was a surgical intern at Naval Hospital San Diego, where he graduated in 2003.

In bringing the iconic romantic movie "An Officer and a Gentleman" to real life, the women during the course of this season's "Bachelor" must be prepared to participate in a high energy "boot camp," complete with a "drill sergeant," plus triathlon events (swimming, biking and running) and race car driving. With Andy's true humanitarian spirit a large factor in his life, the bachelorettes will also participate in a charity event for an inner city school in Los Angeles. Many other adventurous dates will test the ladies' perseverance in pursuing their romantic objective, along with fun, exciting and exotic dates that will elicit real and raw emotions.

As in the past, women will continue to be eliminated each week, but if, at any point along the way, a woman should decide that she's no longer interested in the Bachelor, she can reject his invitation to continue dating. Some lucky women will meet his family, and he will visit their hometowns for a slice of their life in an effort to determine the woman with whom he is most compatible.

At the end of the journey, the Bachelor may quite possibly have found true love. But the big question is: After all of this, will he pop the question, and will she say yes?

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelor: Officer and a Gentleman" is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Lisa Levenson are the executive producers. Martin Hilton and David Bohnert are the co-executive producers.

Posted by Joe Reality on March 16, 2007 at 12:04 AM

NOTE: no spoiler in the following....:(

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Bachelor 10 Andy Baldwin:

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Bachelor' Women Love a Man in Uniform

Bodybuilder, ex-Miss Illinois vie for 'Officer and Gentleman'

March 26, 2007

28629423.jpg

'Bachelor' Andy Baldwin

One's a former Miss Illinois. One is a lawyer who's also a bodybuilder. And one, we're promised, will sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" to a guy in the first episode.

They, and 22 other women, are among those who will be competing for the love of one Andy Baldwin on the new edition of "The Bachelor," which premieres next week.

Subtitled "Officer and a Gentleman," the 10th edition of the show will feature Baldwin, a 30-year-old doctor and lieutenant in the U.S. Navy, surrounded by 25 women who all, presumably, want love to lift them up where they belong. The show debuts at 9:45 p.m. ET Monday, April 2.

Per usual, the festivities begin with the women arriving in limousines. Unlike past "Bachelors," though, Baldwin is tasked with giving a rose to one of them as soon as she says hello. Hijinks naturally ensue; ABC notes that Linda, the aforementioned bodybuilder, challenges Baldwin (a veteran triathlete) to a push-up contest, while another bachelorette, Stephanie W., does backflips in an evening gown. Ten of the women go home the first night, with one really not happy about it.

The 25 women are:

NAME: Alexis

HOMETOWN: Southlake, Texas

NAME: Amanda

HOMETOWN: Dallas

NAME: Amber

HOMETOWN: Sugar Land, Texas

NAME: Bevin

HOMETOWN: Palo Alto, Calif.

NAME: Blakeney

HOMETOWN: Birmingham, Ala.

NAME: Candace

HOMETOWN: Hilton Head Island, S.C.

NAME: Catherine

HOMETOWN: Lake Forest, Ill.

NAME: Danielle I.

HOMETOWN: Bethel, Conn.

NAME: Danielle V.

HOMETOWN: Bronx, N.Y.

NAME: Erin

HOMETOWN: Logansport, La.

NAME: Jackie

HOMETOWN: Minneapolis

NAME: Jeanette

HOMETOWN: Tampa

NAME: Jessica

HOMETOWN: New York City

NAME: Kate

HOMETOWN: Charleston, S.C.

NAME: Linda

HOMETOWN: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

NAME: Lindsay

HOMETOWN: Lawrence, Kan.

NAME: Nicole

HOMETOWN: Charleston, S.C.

NAME: Peyton

HOMETOWN: Dallas

NAME: Stephanie T.

HOMETOWN: Folly Beach, S.C.

NAME: Stephanie W.

HOMETOWN: Overland Park, Kan.

NAME: Susan

HOMETOWN: The Woodlands, Texas

NAME: Tessa

HOMETOWN: San Francisco

NAME: Tiffany F.

HOMETOWN: St. Louis Park, Minn.

NAME: Tiffany W.

HOMETOWN: Boston

NAME: Tina

HOMETOWN: Los Angeles

Last night I saw my first commercial for this.

Didn't even know it was coming.

I thought it had died a natural death.

Are we ready for this? What's on the other channels?

Well, Elle, I might hang out with ya for the first show -- but only cuz I can catch The Riches episode on Sat or Sun night and the other networks' offerings don't thrill me.

Andy is certainly nice to look at, and what interests me is the first night twist -- Andy has to give a rose to one of the girls as soon as she says hello. Beyond that, I can't get into the show until it's down to about ten or eight girls. Just too much fluff before that -- although a good catfight can be fun.

:pixiedust: Well, we'll see .... :pixiedust:

"I came out with an amazing woman and I'm totally in love," Baldwin declared during a conference call with reporters last month.

"I definitely was skeptical," he admitted. "But where do people find the love of their life? What are the odds of finding it in a nightclub or bar? It's basically a professional screening process. I'm totally in love right now and I'm a believer."

First of all, lookie what we have for a bachelor. My, my -- isn't he the all american idol !

Then we have 25 - no 15 - would-be Mrs. Bachelor Idol. Luckily we lost a few along the way.

Ms Melt-Down Biatch Mama

Ms Big Ol' Bug Eyes

Ms Lil' Loopy -- no lotsa Loopy.

Seriously, Andy seems like a nice, pretty genuine guy.

And there were a few women I could root for from the start.

Peyton, with the same birthday

Tessa, who's Mom married an "instant chemistry" (my term)

Tina, who did the corny but ballsy thing singing the SSB

Maybe even Kate, queen of the short dress for the night.

As to Stephanie, who got the first rose -- ehhh.

"I came out with an amazing woman and I'm totally in love," Baldwin declared during a conference call with reporters last month.

Of course he's in love. All the Bachelors were in love at this stage. That's because they're separated from Ms. Perfect and only have limited contact. The last time they spent any quality time together was on a dream date in fantasyland. Maybe he'll be the exception, but the bachelors have a rotten track record.

I only watched because it was on after dancing with the stars. I have always found this show to be completely ridiculous and somewhat pathetic. But I found it hilarious last night.

I couldn't believe the girl who wanted to sing. I thought it was very awkward. I thought she could have warned them it was going to the the National Anthem. Especially for those patriotic types who might want to show some respect and at least stand up during it. I don't know the proper protocol, but I thought it looked odd, to see people sitting while this song was being sung. Kind of surprised our patriotic bachelor didn't mention it.

I'm really sad he didn't pick the nasty one. She would have been great entertainment!

Miss bug eyes kind of freaked me out. I'm glad she's gone.

I didn't catch every minute of it -- but did that one chick really fall off a bar stool? lmao!

So anyway, like with most reality shows, if you get me to watch the first episode, you've got me hooked. I'm in for the season!

...but the bachelors have a rotten track record.

More or less, yes. But let's not forget the three success stories -

Byron and Mary are getting married - this month I think

Trista and Ryan are expecting a baby

Charlie and Sarah are still together

I don't know the proper protocol, but I thought it looked odd, to see people sitting while this song was being sung. Kind of surprised our patriotic bachelor didn't mention it.

I thought it very odd that he didn't stand up.

The only excuse I can think of is that he kept thinking each line would be the last.

Since I was only referring to Bachelors, I don't count Trista (she was The Bachelorette). Charlie & Sarah were rocky the last i heard. And yes, Byron & Mary are a success. That still leaves an awfully large percentage of unsuccessful match-ups. We'll just have to wait and see if this one works. But I wouldn't bet money on it.

The Bachelor Andy Baldwin Selects His First Fifteen Bachelorettes

lindsay_thebachelor.jpg

After host Chris Harrison wished Andy Baldwin a happy birthday, Andy got to meet the twenty-five bachelorettes. Andy had a first impression rose that he gave to Stephanie T. from Folly Beach, South Carolina.

After the initial introductions, Andy spent some time in the house talking to the bachelorettes. While Andy was learning about the girls for the first time, Linda said that they had read all about Andy on the Internet. Tina sang the national anthem to Andy. After talking with the girls, Andy said

Please, it's wickedly funny! Can you image the overwhelming stench of 25 perfumes in there? The toxic levels of hairspray alone must be off the charts! It's like an hours worth of Ken does 25 Barbies. Let's pop their heads off. :giljotiini:

I thought it was a great episode. I fear however that the remaining girls are a tad plain. That being said, I'm glad he didn't bring that psycho, buldging eye chick with the short black hair along for the ride. She was more crazy than even I could handle.

All in all, I'm quite excited to see how the season unfolds.

I'm looking forward to it too. Not because I was to see him fall in love, or any of that crap, but for sheer entertainment. I never thought about the perfume and hairspray factor. :lol: I"m hoping it will become more of a 'bachelorettes behaving badly' type of show. I'm thinking there is some potential there!

The Bachelor Eliminates Three Women

bachelo_footmassages.jpg

For the second episode of The Bachelor An Officer And A Gentleman, Andy Baldwin went on two group dates and one individual date. On the group dates, Andy didn

I just don't get what he sees in that Stephanie chick (other than her breasts). Doesn't he know how hott he is? He could have any girl he wants. Plus, if it's breasts he wants, he can pay for the others to get their own fully blown set... he's a doctor for goodness sakes! It's so upsetting to see him spend so much time with that girl. I'd even go so far as to say that it's quite sickening!

I can't remember her name, but the girl that impresses me thus far is the one whose boyfriend died. She seems the most sincere of them all.

I kinda think there is some "light" editing of the girl that he spent time one-on-one at the beach with and won the "triathalon" challenge. She does seem to have similar interests of athletics as him and he mentioned that the best part of that day was spending the alone time on the beach with her (can't remember name... ugh.) Maybe the reason we're not seeing a whole lot of film on her is that she makes it to the end.

I also like the girl that's boyfriend died... she seemed down to earth and I think she's a teacher. If she isn't the teacher then I like her too.