Why Do Folks Still Watch?

uvp

i must admit i watch all season up to allstar edition and quit. the show even with all its twist was dull and unlike big brother which each season has a brand new feel to it this show doesnt. the show imho should have got the ax after the allstar edition. seriously hasnt the survivor novelty died off. yet. i know ratings cant be high the shows comes on twice year :animated_wave:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, uv, and I don't watch it anymore. But I think we're in the minority, and I'm pretty sure the ratings are still really good. Like you I'm surprised--I thought the novelty of the whole idea would have worn off by now.

To be honest I though it would have worn off by now too, but I am still tuning in, I actually really like the show. Allthough I am not a fan of all stars anything but I will still keep tuning in. I am also pretty sure that the ratings are still good, and I believe they have already signed on for another season or two. Although the idea of survivor is the same every time (so is TAR and BB and all the rest) the people are different and the situations are different, so I still like it.

I still love the show... The only season I have missed is Africa... They have at least two more season's signed... I don't want it to go away... I think it's something to fill the time until BB starts again LOL...

If anything, BB is MORE the same each season than Survivor, but I'm totally hooked on BB, and not that interested in Survivor...honestly not sure why!! But if BB ever ends, I expect to suffer serious withdrawal..

even thou i claim every season of bb is my last i just cant keep away. my name is uvp and i am a bb addict

no way bb is better. in survivor you a sitting duck if you dont have the numbers. bb it takes more than numbers to rid somebody jmho

I will agree with CB. And I will put Survivor well above BB. I just think BB is pure trash. I always say I'm not going to watch, but since it's summer, and there's not much else on, and since it's on 3 times a week, I usually end up tuning in. And I'm always ashamed of myself for doing so!

I still love Survivor. I hope I still love AI as much, after this All-star race. For goodness sake, why do they keep doing those? Does anyone like them????

Now THERE'S a good idea--All-Star AI. Pitting the best against the best. It would be great to start elimination rounds with the top 12 from each season, that way giving some that were knocked off early (some too early) another chance to be heard.

Taylor wouldn't stand a chance.

I love Survivor. It is a little boring the first few weeks. If you have certain people you are rooting for it makes it more fun.

I am a BB lover 100%. I am surprized uvp that you are going to watch BB again this year. You seem to be so unhappy with the show most of the time. Anyway hope to see you there uvp and your view on the houseguests. You never know we may agree this year.

trust me i want to quit but i couldnt bear the withdrawl of not watching

I like the idea of an All star AI would be ok but I would rather see celebrity AI and when I say celebrity I mean actual music stars. I could just imagine the comments Bob Dylan would get from Simon. "I can't understand a word you are singing."

AI allstar would never happen with the winners. it would be a marketing nightmare for the losers eg. carrie underwood, kelly clarkson :lol:

• 1 month later...

China, silverware, bed, couches, coffee . . . some are living better than they do in their real lives. This is so far off the mark of what Survivor is supposed to be. This may be the season that Survivor "jumps the shark".

As far as I'm concerned, comparing reality shows to one another is apples and oranges. By now there are no surprises & they're game on day one. But I hate cop shows(too many on nowadays) & reality type shows at least have the possibility of something amusing happening. If nothing else, I can look forward to a new batch of people to poke fun of.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well this season I just got turned away don't know why I think it just got old for me! And I needed a break! The only season that I think I didnt watch at all. Well I shouldnt say that I didn't watch I semi watched the premiere! But just found what little I caught to be boring and I was like forget it i'm not watching! I wrote it off before because I thought the cast looked simply boring! Will see what happens on the next Survivor no clue if i'm going to watch yet. All the seasons that I watched since All Stars have been fantastic! I have no clue what happended in this one so I can't say that. Will see what happens.

P.S. I don't think an American Idol All Stars would ever happen! And shouldn't ever happen I just think it would probably be a disaster!

i was just surfin through topic titles and saw this one, this time around i really didnt realize survivor was even on until a friend said they were mad about whoever won it because he was an ass.......but i think even if i had known i wouldnt have watched, ive lost interest in a lot of the reality shows..tastes change

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name