America's Next Top Model 8

Dade

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Top Model' Goes to School

Season eight kicks off Feb. 28

February 1, 2007

27687545.jpg

Some of the 'America's Next Top Model' cycle eight finalists

Whether the latest group of "America's Next Top Model" hopefuls is actually smarter than those from previous seasons remains to be seen, but the number of self-described students is a little higher than usual.

Five of the 13 contestants on the latest edition of the show, which debuts Wednesday, Feb. 28 on The CW, list their occupation as "college student," and a sixth says she's an online admissions adviser for a college. Four of last season's finalists were still furthering their education, though one of those, Brooke, was still in high school.

The new group also includes a stay-at-home mom, a band manager, a photographer and a bartender. They hail variously from Brooklyn, Dallas, Montgomery, Ala., Maui, New Jersey and Chicago and range in age from 19 to 24.

The finalists will once again call Los Angeles home for the first part of the season. Host Tyra Banks returns (of course), as do judges Twiggy, Nigel Barker and J. Alexander.

Here's a look at the 13 finalists:

Name: Brittany

Hometown: Savannah, Ga.

Name: Cassandra

Hometown: Seattle

Name: Diana

Hometown: Garfield, N.J.

Name: Dionne

Hometown: Montgomery, Ala.

Name: Felicia

Hometown: Houston

Name: Jael

Hometown: Detroit

Name: Jaslene

Hometown: Chicago

Name: Kathleen

Hometown: Brooklyn, N.Y.

Name: Natasha

Hometown: Dallas

Name: Renee

Hometown: Maui, Hawaii

Name: Samantha

Hometown: Pinson, Ala.

Name: Sarah

Hometown: Lake Zurich, Ill.

Name: Whitney

Hometown: West Palm Beach, Fla.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah! I'm excited. With the new Survivor, Amazing Race All Stars, and the new cycle of ANTM, it's gonna be a great couple of months. It does seem really fast though since the last cycle, like Caridee hasn't had her time to shine yet. But my early favorite is Felicia, I think she is gorgeous!

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

America's Next Top Model

by Aimee Deeken

Cycle 8: More Travails of the Gangly and Gorgeous

My weekly appointment with the CW at 8 pm/ET (as well as my penchant for its reality fare) continues! The eighth (!) cycle of America's Next Top Model begins in Beauty and the Geek's time slot this Wednesday, Feb. 28, with a two-hour premiere. Join me here for commentary and recaps on the happenings sure to ensue: radical makeovers, Miss J.'s catwalk lessons, Tyra's heart-to-hearts, tears, fights (over use of the phone), at least one trip to the ER, and oh yeah, the model wannabes' photo challenges.

To reminisce about past cycles, you'll find Sabrina Rojas Weiss' ANTM blog most helpful.

Posted by Aimee Deeken 02/27/07 12:36 PM

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

America's Next Top Model 8 Premieres Tonight

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL BOOT CAMP - Tyra Banks flies 32 aspiring models to Los Angeles, and they are immediately thrown into model boot-camp led by glam squad captains Jay Manuel and J. Alexander.

Tyra surprises the girls with a military-style pep talk, and the competition gets rough as strong personalities rise and the catfights begin. The final 13 move into their extravagant Hollywood Hills mansion and are whisked away to their first photo shoot with Nigel Barker. The shoot proves to be controversial and has one model very confused.

Special guests include designer Marc Ecko, music producer Jermaine Dupri, photographer Nigel Barker and stylist Phillip Bloch. America's Next Top Model airs on The CW from 8PM to 10PM ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2007.

Posted by Joe Reality on February 28, 2007 at 12:01 AM

27707629.jpgName: Brittany Age: 21 Occupation: Bartender Hometown: Savannah, Ga.

27707660.jpgName: Cassandra Age: 24 Occupation: College student Hometown: Seattle

27707686.jpgName: Diana Age: 21 Occupation: College student Hometown: Garfield, N.J.

27707705.jpgName: Dionne Age: 20 Occupation: College student Hometown: Montgomery, Ala.

27707780.jpgName: Felicia Age: 19 Occupation: Sales associate Hometown: Houston

27707795.jpgName: Jael Age: 22 Occupation: Band manager Hometown: Detroit

27707811.jpgName: Jaslene Age: 20 Occupation: Online college admissions adviser Hometown: Chicago

27707830.jpgName: Kathleen Age: 20 Occupation: Hairstylist Hometown: Brooklyn, N.Y.

27707846.jpgName: Natasha Age: 21 Occupation: College student Hometown: Dallas

27707933.jpgName: Renee Age: 20 Occupation: Stay-at-home mom Hometown: Maui, Hawaii

27707946.jpgName: Samantha Age: 19 Occupation: Sales associate Hometown: Pinson, Ala.

27707962.jpgName: Sarah Age: 20 Occupation: Photographer Hometown: Lake Zurich, Ill.

27707981.jpgName: Whitney Age: 21 Occupation: College student Hometown: West Palm Beach, Fla.

Photo's Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

Thanks for the photo's Dade!!!

Is it just me or is this the ugliest group to date. Majority of them have some Uuuuuugly noses :unsure: The only one I liked from last night was Jael.

I'm also drawn to Jael because she's so different from the rest of the girls, but I'm not going to get attached yet, I remember how quickly AJ destructed last season when she couldn't do the beauty shots. I really like Rene's look but she seems too emotional and frail to endure much longer.

Looks like we've got our token annoying girl. . . Sarah. Guess this means she'll be around for a long time. I could have used a couple more weeks of Kathleen. She cracked me up last night.

I'm still on the fence about Samantha & Brittney. They look interesting, but I need more time. Jaslene is good, and the rest are just filler for me right now.

I will be rooting for Diane, since she's from the same part of NJ as me. . . but out of the 2 plus models there, I prefer Whitney.

I'm just about to watch last night's episode. I taped it because I was too tired to watch it so am only going on pictures here, not personality or talent.

The prettiest ones I see are: Jaslene, Natasha, and Renee. I think Cassandra is pretty too though.

i actually like Sarah

I cant stand Natasha...she got on my nerves right away.

they by far are the least attractive group in my opinion.

I also like Renee too.

we will see

Nigel is looking as Hot as ever. God too bad he is straight.

Ms J gets on my nerves too...he/she is one of the most unattractive people on TV man or woman.

I also thought the whole boot camp thing was LAME!

this is my first time watching an ANTM premiere. they don't waste any time do they? kathleen didn't really get a chance. i liked her.

i don't like renee, natasha or sarah. i do like jael, diana, and whitney.

is it just me or does dionne look like omorosa?

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

America's Next Top Model

by Aimee Deeken

February 28, 2007: Model Maggots

Tyra Banks' eighth competition among model wannabes has begun, and we have the usual assemblage of applicants: spoiled divas, bimbos, innocent girls-next-door, punky types, the cocky know-it-alls, sweet country girls, urban hard-knock-life chicks, a mom, and a "plus-size" or two.

But before we knew from whence came these 33 semifinalists, they were dumped at a military base for some model boot-camp training. The only things worth remembering about the boot camp were the stylings of Miss J.

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

America's Next Top Model 8 - Same Old Soup with International Flavor

Written By Belinda James and commentary by Dalia Jones. We're back and loving every moment of the international flavor Tyra tried to mix in this cycle. Different versions of Top Model has been created all around the world. However, I am so sick 'n tired of seeing Tyra's "diamonds in the rough". After eight cycles we deserve to see some real diamonds. The question I always have each year is... "Who is the casting agent? She/he should be horsewhipped

To be honest I was happy Kathleen went, she was getting on my nerves!!

I really like Jael and Diana, but I need to see more of them to really pick a favorite.

Natasha needs to tone it down, or else all the girls are going to want to knowck her out. I thought the boot camp thing was kinda lame, they have had better opening episodes!! I cant wait for the makeover episode, its one of my favs!

Now that I've seen the show, I cannot believe I previously picked Natasha and Renee as my favourites! Woosh... you really cannot judge a book by it's cover. Okay my new top 3 favs are as follows:

Brittney

Samantha

Jaslene

I do think Kathleen was stunning, but wow, she wasn't very bright was she? It would be different if she could pull things out from within herself without having to be so reliant on others to help her with that...especially when she couldn't understand their simple direction. What a huge hinderance. What can you do though.

See though, modelling isn't all about just being a pretty/unique face. This show has really opened my eyes with that sort of thing. I'm totally addicted now.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Next Top Model: Who Will Catwalk Away with the Title?

by Ben Katner

070307interview1.jpg

Whitney, America's Next Top Model

After watching America's Next Top Model (Wednesdays at 8 pm/ET, on the CW) for nearly 10 cycles, I can spot a winner a catwalk away. Why, just last year in this very column, I singled out eventual victor CariDee English as one to watch. So who are this season's beauties to beat? Read on and see if you agree with my picks!

Sarah

Working for her: Besides being cute as a button, she's done her homework. Remember how in the boot-camp challenge she was the only gal who could identify Richard Avedon? (He's a photographer: What? You forgot already?) Plus, she has extensive modeling experience already.

Working against her: At least she says she has extensive modeling experience already. She tanked in her first shoot with Nigel Barker, conveying all the passion about life in prison that one would expect from a loaf of Wonder Bread. Even worse, the Tinkerbell look-alike copped to (gasp!) aspirations other than modeling.

Jaslene

Working for her: She's an also-ran from last season, and if there's one thing Tyra Banks likes more than a "journey," it's an underdog making a comeback. But even without that distinction, the Latina spark plug photographs like a dream. Seriously, kapow!

Working against her: When she's not in front of the camera

okay this week Sarah was my favorite.

I can picture her modeling anything from coulture to catalogue.

Jaslene was getting on my nerves and glad she got knocked down a few pegs. Her whole I am better than any of you was getting old and how she decided not to practice the routine because she knew better. Hopefully she will learn from this go round.

The whole highschool thing as just as lame as last weeks boot camp.

As for MS J and that prom outfit ...i will steal a line from another reality show...when i saw him i thought damn---you cant polish a turd!

:animated_rotfl:

Lol, no you cant polish a turd!!

Sarah is doing awesome, and I also like Jael, and Felicia.

Jaslene was getting on my nerves too, personally I hope she doesnt last long. Same with Renee I liked her at the start, but man she is way to high on herself, and she really needs to stop making excuses!!

I was mad that they sent Samantha home over Natasha. Natasha is a twit, she has a lot of growing up to do, and marrying a 40something wont do that for a what 18 year old, the girl has problems, and being in that house wont help her!!

I agree in that I don't like that they sent Sam packing over Nat. As time goes on, Samantha could have learned to become comfortable in herself, but you can only spend so much time explaining things to a girl who doesn't speak english very well...who, even if she did, still probably wouldn't understand what the hell you were saying.

I really do like Jaslene though, and dislike Sara. I agree with whomever said she reminds me of a bird. I'm starting to come around to the Jael fan side though. I like that she's funky.