Episode 3.17: Catch-22 (desmond-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.17: Title Unknown

Airdate: April 18, 2007

• 01/22 - A new character first appears in episode 3.17 until end of season. Female, mid 20's to 30. Tough, fit, very intelligent. Not American. Source: secretagentman @ TWoP

• 3 weeks later...

Episode 3.17: Title Unknown (Charlie-centric, not confirmed)

• 02/15 - A bit more info about Ruth and Kenneth. Ruth is said to be a strong and pretty woman who has rather sad eyes. Kenneth is a working class type who is quite quick to throw a punch. Source: SpoilerFix.com
  • 02/14 - Episode 3.17 will feature Caucasian 50-year-old Theodore and Kenneth and Ruth, both Scottish and in their 20s. Could this mean a Charlie-centric episode? Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOIERFIX

Episode 3.17: Catch-22 (Desmond-centric)

• 02/28 - Desmond's beloved Penny makes another appearance in his next flashback. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 02/24 - "LOST" was filming at St. Andrew's Cathedral today (Friday, Feb. 23). This is the same church that Charlie visited in Season 1, and where Mr. Eko worked in Season 2. This time, it was for Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick). He was neatly shorn and wearing a long, grey robe, so I'd guess he was more than just a visitor. He was talking to a man in a long black robe and skull cap... and soon got down on his knees, palms together and up, as if to receive communion. Source: The Transmission

• 1 month later...

Episode 3.17: Catch-22 (Desmond-centric)

• 04/04 - ABC updated their press release for this episode and gave a name to Marsha Thomason's character: Naomi. Source: ABC
  • 04/02 - Desmond coaxes Charlie, Hurley and Jin on a trek across the jungle after experiencing one of his future-prophesizing

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly

by Jeff Jensen:

"So what can I say? What should I say?

Well, it's a Desmond episode, and a very good one at that. And while the story lacks the mythic wallop of last week's crucial Juliet installment, by the end you will understand why it is an important story for Lost to tell. Keep your eyes peeled for the Easter egg in one of the final scenes

Usually it's the ending that leaves my jaw hanging. This episode started with a shout of OMG!

I thought it was a good episode, with a few dragging moments.

Loved Jin's ghost story.

Loved Sawyer's figuring out where Kate was coming from. Don't ever want to see him played.

Loved Desmond's damned if you do or don't predicament since it kept me very worried about Charlie.

Didn't need quite so much of the 'brutha' background.

The first few minutes of the episode had me totally shocked. It went on just long enough for me to think it wasn't a vision.

I knew the pilot wasn't Penny, but I was seriously expecting it to be Alex.

ARGH! I missed the first few minutes of the show so it took me a little time to figure out the gist of what was happening...I'm assuming that it began with Desmond's visions that were shown in little clips throughout the episode?

I LOVED Jin's ghost story...I'll have to check some of the websites to see if someone posted what he was saying in English...

Sawyer's line (something to the effect of), "you guys discussing your favorite Other?" :animated_rotfl:

You know, I used to be rooting for Kate and Jack, not Kate and Sawyer, but after tonight's episode...she doesn't deserve him...nor Sawyer. She's a piece of work, that's for sure.

Now I'm wondering if the woman who dropped from the sky is going to be someone sent to find him by Penny, or if she is going to be a plant by Dharma/The Others?

And the best part...HOLY HECK!!! Did any of you notice the photo on the monk's desk??? They just showed it for a sec... :jawdrop: That was the absolutely most interesting tidbit in the whole show!! Now I'm wondering if it was just an easter egg or something much more...(running off to see if I can find a photo of it to post)

Ok, here it is! The Monk and Mrs. Hawkings/aka The Jewelry Store Lady!

monkandjewelryladyap2.jpg

bad photo-shop job, but there nonetheless... :animated_scratchchin:

oh ok! i had read one of those spoileresque posts that promised an 'easter egg toward the end of this episode' but i didnt know what to look for

oh, and my husband has a renewed interest in this show....i think he's in love with juliette...i told him 'but she's an Other!', and he said he doesnt care!

i think he's in love with juliette

SHE'S ALL MINE... TELL THAT FENCE BUILDING CLAIM-JUMPER HE BETTER BACK OFF OR SUFFER THE WRATH OF THE KING...

Btw, also tell him that Juliette said she would never go out with him and that she thinks you dress him funny...

GRRRRRRR....

i know i'm going to be asking a stupid question, BUUUUUUUUUUT......who's in the photo? :hide: i can't place them to save my life, but the woman is very familiar looking.

That's the Brother and Ms. Hawking, who worked at the store where Desmond goes to buy an engagement ring for Penny. Read More

And while we're at it, how about the translation of Jin's wonderful spooky story around the campfire: Read More

(little girl's voice)

Thanks, Katydidit- I've been dying to know what he was saying! :outfitted_pirate: I'm liking Jin more every day...that's gotta be one of the best comic scenes from LOST ever!

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name