Episode 3.16: One Of Us (juliet-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.16: Title Unknown

Airdate: April 11, 2007

There currently are no spoilers for this episode.

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of the Richard and Judy Show:

On UK Show "Richard and Judy", in an interview with Carlton Cuse, writer and executive producer of Lost via sattellite, he confirmed that the Charlie problem would be resolved in episode 16 which then he later confirmed the title as "The Truth About Lying". This does NOT mean that the episode is Charlie-centric however.

Episode 3.16: One of Us (fka "Truth about Lying") (Juliet-centric)

• 02/28 - Pictures taken from the set show that the episode will feature Robin Wegert, William Mapother and Nestor Carbonel. Source: Spoilers Lost [Note: Click on source's link to view the pictures.]
  • 02/14 - [Juliet will] get a second flashback in April that will pick up exactly where [Episode 3.07] left off. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 3.16: One of Us (fka "Truth about Lying") (Juliet-centric)

• 03/05 - On the UK Show "Richard and Judy," Carlton Cuse revealed that the Charlie "problem" would be resolved in episode 16. Source: Spoilers Lost [Note: It is unknown he was referring to the death premonition or Charlie's attack on Sun.]

• 4 weeks later...
Juliet

Episode 3.16: One of Us (Juliet-centric)

• 03/26 - Guest starring are Robin Weigert as Rachel, William Mapother as Ethan Rom, Brett Cullen as Goodwin, Andrew Divoff as Mikhail, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Joah Buley as other dude and Tyrone Howard as airport guard. Source: ABC
  • 03/24 - Jack's joyous reunion is cut short when his fellow survivors realize that an Other is accompanying him; a mysterious illness strickens Claire. Source: WCHS

One sneak peek clip for this episode is now available at abc.com:

Sneak peek clip

Just a warning- for some reason it won't let me post it directly to the LOST clip, rather it goes to all the general clips. Click on the LOST area (I think it says "LOST video podcast", then you can click on the LOST sneak peek)

It looks like Juliet learns about Charlie killing Ethan from Hurley!

you may also want to check out the video podcast with LOST music director...it's pretty interesting!

:o I knew there had to be more to Juliet than met the eye...what a FANTASTIC ending. Whew, gotta catch my breath after that one! The question now is- is she doing all this because Ben has promised to send her home or let her see her sister if she does what he says? This show just keeps getting better and better and better and.... :animated_bouncy:

This episode was insane! To me it is probably the second best to Desmond's flashback! I mean omg were to start. Juliet I was skeptical of her all season and felt she was playing Jack. Then she makes a great story that I truly believe. But the one part were I final said ok I believe she was really left behind was her speech to Sayid and Sawyer! I'm like you go girl! Then the producers total turn it the way I thought she was all season. And I was like dammit I cant believe for a minute I thought she might actually be good. Not to mention so many reveals! They have a cure for cancer! Cant wait to here how this came about! And it isnt the island obvisouly so it must be an injection that they gave to Rose when she was asleep. Speaking of those 2 were the hell are they? I dont even see them in the background. We find out that they have some sort of secret airport? That is interesting! Difiently one of the greatest Lost episodes of all time! Left me floored and stunned! Then to cap it all off the preview for the next episode really got me pumped cant wait for these final 5 leading up to the finale! Tonight was the night were Lost reminded me once again why I love this show!

Yes, yes, yes. Now THIS is good TV.

I am SO glad I'm not spoiled when I watch these episodes!

I was almost convinced that I was wrong about Juliet, and then BAM.

Congrats to the writers, editors, answerers -- it's all good.

A few comments ...

Didn't Elizabeth Mitchell have some moments of pure beauty? That is one handsome woman.

Did you notice all the blue-eyed vs brown-eyed close ups last night? I know that's not where the show is going but I found it interesting. Juliet couldn't hold eye contact with Sayid on her first encounter. She mustered it up in time for the briefcase encounter, tho. Pure steel she was.

As a vicarious Lostie, Sayid makes me feel very safe.

Didn't you love Sawyer's face when he saw Kate? That guy is SO hooked.

Hurley's veiled threat to Juliet, using the subject of Ethan, was fantastic. "Charley got upset. We buried him over there."

And Sawyer's "three men and a baby" was my favorite chuckle for the night.

i was punked along with you guys last night. just as i gave in and believed juliette was a good guy.. WAM BAM i was slapped in the face with feelings of being suckered once again. i feel bad for Jack... he will end up the biggest sucker of all trusting her like he does.

poor sawyer.. just as he starts to feel comfy being the "leader" of the survivors, he sees jack coming towards him, and then his heart skips a few beats when he sees kate and then pure hatred when he sees juliette. it was like being sucker punched 3 times in a row.

the last 2 episodes were incredible.. i only hope there is more to come in the next 5.

I agree about the triple wham, Fizz, but I'm hoping our Sawyer can handle it. He seemed to have taken Hurley's warning to heart. He's still teamed and on guard with Sayid, he offered aspirin to Claire, and he'll be there for Jack when all hell breaks loose.

:pixiedust: <sigh> he's such a guy! :pixiedust:

the last 2 episodes were incredible

Sure were. I love getting answers. I can handle, even enjoy, new puzzles as long as we get a few of the old loose ends tied.

i feel bad for Jack... he will end up the biggest sucker of all trusting her like he does.

You're right, fizzle...poor Jack's trust in women will go out the window once and for all when he finds out Juliet's real intentions. Man, does that guy know how to pick em or what? First his wife has an affair and dumps him, next Kate basically leads him on only to spend some canoodling cage time with "James", and now, the one person he seems to be sure of, Juliet...(insert evil laughter). What with Jack's major anger management problems and all, I bet the episode where he finds out will be a doozy!

Regarding Juliet- I still am not sure she is totally "evil". I think the flashbacks we saw last night prove that. I think the look Jack talked about seeing in her eyes when the sub blew up is exactly what is motivating her. She wants to go home and see her sister above all else, and for that reason, she is willing to do just about anything to make it happen. I liken it to Michael...at the beginning, we saw him as a "good guy", which he pretty much was. But when his son was taken, he was willing to do anything to get him back- including murder. Nothing is black and white with these characters and they all seem to have dark sides/desires which can be exploited by the master of all con men, Ben. I really think that Ben is still pushing her buttons; promising to let her go home if she solves the island women birthing dilemna. And my hunch is that Sun will be the key.

I'm guessing that The Others definitely know that Sun is pregnant...the big question is whether she conceived on the island or before the crash. I think The Others know the answer to that too...and hopefully we will soon because I'm dying from anticipation!!!

All I know is, Elizabeth Mitchell definitely gave an Emmy-winning performance last night!

I've been thinking about the Sun situation and I don't think the others know about it. I think Sun will let her guard down and confide in Juliett, then we will see whether or not Juliett is indeed evil.

Regarding Juliet- I still am not sure she is totally "evil". I think the flashbacks we saw last night prove that. I think the look Jack talked about seeing in her eyes when the sub blew up is exactly what is motivating her. She wants to go home and see her sister above all else, and for that reason, she is willing to do just about anything to make it happen.

I'm in complete agreement with you.

If her actions are against the losties it's not because she's with the others (I think she's learned a lot from Ben ... manipulation) it's because she is pulling the ulitmate con on Ben. Not saying she's not going to let evil/bad things happen to the losties but, I think her motives are selfish and in the end, I question whether she will end up having any loyalty to Jack/losties or only loyalty to herself?!?

this episode was awesome!! and i love juliette, even thought at the end i was like 'what the hell?!'....i dunno about her intentions now though, sure they showed us that she wants to go home, but they also showed us she has given up 3 years to do research which has just NOW proved to work AND the losties (ana lucia) killed her lover Goodwin (that was weird...wonder how/why she hooked up with him?) so i dont think her motivations are as clear as just wanting to go home

and im still an anti-jack so i do hope he gets punk'd by juliette....but i bet it will be that sawyer and sayid discover her intentions before he does

i still really want to know how the GIANT stone foot fits into all of this!

kayo.. thanks for reminding me about Michael... wtf happened with all that. they gave him a boat and let him and his son leave... but we never saw anything else about it. did they make it back to the real world.. or are they stuck circleing the islands never to find "home" land again?

and you are right..i think she is a good person that will do bad things just to get off that island. but after 3 years, you would think she would get the hint that they wont let her go.

i felt bad for her in a way.....they said 6 months, and here it is 3 years later and she's still there?! wtf is up with that?

i have a question.....did ben not say that he was born on the island?! how is this possible when they can't give birth? or did i hear that wrong and they CAN give birth, but the mothers just die? i'm a bit confused here.

and i have a sneaky suspicision that they can't cure cancer, that ben told juliette that to get her to do his bidding!!

all in all, great episode and i can't wait to see the last 5 this season!!!

p.s. i'd love to see another michael/walt episode!

yeah, i am confused as to where Ben came from.. also, dont forget that he is the father of Alex... and Alex's mother said they came here 16 years ago and got stranded... right? i think thats how it went. so if Ben is the father, wouldnt that mean he came from somewhere else, and not the island?

see, i'm thinking that rouseaux(sp) came with the baby already born and that they stole the baby and ben has raised her from that point......but that's just my opinion.....

I can't remember whether Rousseau gave birth before or after coming to the island...I'll have to go back and watch her first episode. But Ben said he has been on the island all his life, so I'm assuming, at this point, that he was born there.

My hunch is that "The Incident" mentioned in Dr. Candle's orientation videos might have something to do with all the pregnant women dying. I know there must be a timeline regarding this "Incident"....I'll have to go do some digging and see what I can find out. Anyway, it is possible, depending on when the incident occured, that Ben, and possibly Alex could have been born on the island.

Regarding Ben being Alex's "father"...Although I'm only guessing at this point based on past episodes, but I highly doubt that Ben is Alex's birth father, but rather he and his group kidnapped Alex from Rousseau as an infant and he raised her as his daughter. Alex did mention to Sayid that her mother was dead. Most likely Ben's forked tongue convinced her of this.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name