Episode 3.15: Left Behind (kate-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.15: Title Unknown

Airdate: April 4, 2007

There currently are no spoilers for this episode.

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: SPOIERLFIX

Episode 3.15: Left Behind (Kate-centric)

• 02/28 - [After the Nikki and Paulo flashback] we broke a Kate episode, and when you do Kate episodes you're literally writing the show The Fugitive. Her flashback stories have an entirely different sort of vernacular feel to them. Source: Media Village

• 2 weeks later...

• 03/12 - After discovering that one of her own has betrayed her to "The Others," Kate is left to fend for herself in the jungle with Juliet. Meanwhile, Hurley warns Sawyer to change his selfish ways and make amends with his fellow survivors or he may face a vote of banishment. Source: ABC

Sneak Peek Photos for Episode "Left Behind":

normalleftbehind01rl6.jpg

No, not Wilbur! :animated_rotfl: Who's the guy with Sawyer?

normalleftbehind10kl0.jpg

normalleftbehind13wz1.jpg

Sawyer really does have a soft side...great photos!

normalleftbehind15qo0.jpg

normalleftbehind16ha7.jpg

This is my favorite Sawyer & Aaron photo

normalleftbehind17xk1.jpg

Nice photo of Desmond...thinking about Penny?

normalleftbehind18lp7.jpg

normalleftbehind22qy3.jpg

This is definitely the most interesting photo...where did that book come from and what is Claire reading about so intently?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 03/19 - Guest starring are Kim Dickens as Cassidy, Beth Broderick as Diane, Fredric Lane as the Marshall, Andrew Meader as Johnny, Bill Ogilvie as man and Shawn Lathrop as federal agent. Source: ABC

Guest starring are Kim Dickens as Cassidy, Beth Broderick as Diane, Fredric Lane as the Marshall

Cassidy AND the Marshall in the same episode? This sounds like a Sawyer and Kate-centric combo!

Jem- your delete avatar is perfect! Is your hand tired? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sneak peek clips are up for this episode and things are getting oh so interesting!!

sneak peek clip 1

sneak peek clip 2

sneak peek clip 3

Left Behind promo

Great pix, Kayo. Thanks.

I agree -- LOVE the one of Sawyer and babe.

As to

This is definitely the most interesting photo...where did that book come from and what is Claire reading about so intently?

-- I'd bet she's reading about Aaron. No mom could resisit it, believer or not!

Found another one...

Sneak peek clip 4

• 03/30 - Lost Spoilers offers us a summary of the spoilers Cuse and Lindelof revealed in the latest podcast: The monster makes its return in "Left Behind." Source: Lost Podcasts

Which monster? the cloud or the bear?

Another episode worth waiting for.

We got backstory,

we got betrayal,

we got monster looming,

we got Sawyer getting conned,

we got love triangles,

we got bad girl in camp.

Now all we need is to figure out where the others went. :dots:

It was a great episode, went by way to quickly!! Very curious to see where the others went, someone I work with thinks they have an underground village and they oved there, but who knows. Also going back up to the spoiler pictures, I dont remember seeing Clair reading that book, did I miss it? I loved when Sawyer was holding Aaron, and loved even more that Hurley scammed Sawyer!!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Lost

by Sabrina Rojas Weiss

April 4, 2007: Smokey and the Bandit

Call me a cynic, but the second they aired the promos for tonight's episode, showing little more than Kate and Juliet rolling around and screaming, I guessed that a large part of the hour would be devoted to recovering the horny male audience, whose interest has been flagging of late. Someone must have had the theory that all those "not advancing the plot" complaints were really just to hide the frustration that we girls were getting our weekly gratuitous scenes of a shirtless Josh Holloway while it had been months since Kate had been caught in a rainstorm. Well, I hope you're happy, boys. You got a damn good girl fight, then Kate in the rain, and for dessert, just a hint of mud-wrestling action. And the rest of us got some plot advancement for good measure. (Seriously, I'm about to get black-smoky on the asses of you people and your "advancement" complaints. If the story moved as fast as you want it to, we'd have a TV-movie on our hands. /Rant Off)

So, it would seem that Locke has crossed over to the Other side. Whether that's because he was on the List or because he's done Ben's bidding has yet to be seen, though. His words to Kate were chilling, if expected: "I made a strong case for you.... Forgiveness isn't one of their strong suits." Of course, the departure brings up a bunch of questions, which I'm sure you're already asking, but I'll write them out for the record: Where did they go? How did they get there? Did Locke really blow up the submarine, or did the fact that he was all wet mean he did something else? Are they on Desmond's yacht? Why did they leave Juliet? Is she Henry Gale 2.0? But why would they need a spy if they've got all those cameras? Sayid is so not going to let that chick off easy.

Whether she's in on it or not, Juliet has almost as much social grace as Rousseau (and where has she been?). According to her, she handcuffed herself to Kate so she could still have some company or something. What a great way to make friends! That doesn't explain why she wanted company in the middle of the jungle and not, say, safely back in one of the houses. It also doesn't explain why she and Kate woke up from the gas an entire day before Sayid and Jack did. I feel like I'm missing a chunk of information there. At least Kate is slightly less in the dark: She fully understands that Jack saw her dirty deed with Sawyer. Her feelings for him are made more complex by the newly sewn seeds of jealousy, now that Jack's being all protective of Juliet. Wow, it's becoming almost like the Roy-Pam-Jim-Karen quadrangle on The Office, only much sweatier!

Now to discuss the flashback. I'm a big fan of all the bizarre ways that the survivors are connected, and Kate's encounter with Sawyer's former mark/baby mama Cassidy is pretty significant. Other than that, it's hard to say what we really learned from Kate's story. It was nice to see her bond with another female criminal. And I'm intrigued by Kate's mother's insinuation that Kate actually killed her stepfather/real dad for herself. Kate has as much trouble divining her own motivations as we do, I think. Regardless, her mom's one cold bitch for squealing on her. I need some memory refreshing: Do we know if Sawyer ended up in prison because Cassidy ratted him out?

Speaking of our PR-challenged mischief maker, Sawyer's getting more gullible with each passing day. Hurley's little ruse to inspire Sawyer's latent leadership skills reminded me a lot of the things Locke used to do back in the good old days, like when he made Boone hallucinate and the first time he made Charlie say no to drugs. So cute watching Sawyer struggle to be nice to everyone. Though once Jack returns, I'll be happy to have selfish con-artist Sawyer back, too.

Last and least, we've got Smokey. He/it behaved pretty predictably: the big warning rattle, attacking when the person is daydreaming about their past wrongdoings, but seemingly deterred by tree roots. This time, however, there were strange flashes of light. And in addition to roots, we now know that it can't climb invisible fences. I'm willing to suspend a whole lot of disbelief when it comes to the island's mysteries, but I just wish the producers would cut back on their budget for, say, wild boar props and instead use that money on a better CGI team. It's looking a bit like a Scooby-Doo cartoon.

Posted by Sabrina Rojas Weiss 04/5/07 1:26 AM

What a great episode! And it left us with a boatload of new puzzle pieces to figure out too...

1. That was the 4th time Juliette has dislocated her shoulder.... :animated_scratchchin:

2. Juliette definitely has had some commando training... :animated_scratchchin:

3. The monster takes photos?... :animated_scratchchin:

4. The Others left the comfort of their homes...why? :animated_scratchchin:

5. Locke had a black eye and a bandaged hand?What have we not been privy to since Locke was re-introduced to good ol dad? :animated_scratchchin:

6. Juliette had the key to the handcuffs all along... :animated_scratchchin:

7.The electronic fence was made to keep the monster out...and it succeeded... :animated_scratchchin:

8. I did think it was a bit odd that Jack, and supposedly Sayid (we didn't actually SEE Juliette get Sayid :animated_scratchchin:), were still knocked out from the gas, while Kate and Juliette were awake for some time. :animated_scratchchin:

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Now that you mention it Kayo... I totally forgot about Lockes dad, I want to know what happened!!! And I forgot to mention that I thought it was weird that we didnt see Juliette get Sayid, that would have been interesting as he would not have trusted her. hmmm, lots to think about!

3. The monster takes photos?...

I thought maybe it was checking out the girls. Some sort of scanner system?

8. I did think it was a bit odd that Jack, and supposedly Sayid (we didn't actually SEE Juliette get Sayid ), were still knocked out from the gas, while Kate and Juliette were awake for some time.

Maybe because they were outside in fresh air and the guys were inside where the gas would hang around longer?

All the rest of your :animated_scratchchin: have me :animated_scratchchin: too, Kayo!! Dontcha just love it ??!!

And good catch on the astrology book, BlackCat -- you're right, they didn't show it.

5. Locke had a black eye and a bandaged hand?What have we not been privy to since Locke was re-introduced to good ol dad?

Maybe that's what he meant about the Others having a problem with forgiveness. Maybe he still has a small soft spot for dad, but had to let 'Them' have him.

7.The electronic fence was made to keep the monster out...and it succeeded...

I have a hard time believing Juliette about ANYTHING, but especially about her not knowing what the smoke monster was or if it was safe to leave the tree roots. She's been on the island for 3 years in a scientific community...you think she would at least have a theory

8. I did think it was a bit odd that Jack, and supposedly Sayid (we didn't actually SEE Juliette get Sayid ), were still knocked out from the gas, while Kate and Juliette were awake for some time.

I think Kate and possibly Juliette were knocked out and then removed. When Kate got Jack, there were about four cannisters in the hallway. Jack was also weak kneed, so I don't think he was really faking it. I don't think the Others left when we thought they did.

Question: Does Juliette know so much about Jack because she has been spying on him for so long or because they just "know"?

I think Kate and possibly Juliette were knocked out and then removed. When Kate got Jack, there were about four cannisters in the hallway. Jack was also weak kneed, so I don't think he was really faking it. I don't think the Others left when we thought they did.

Ah, good point Francis. I didn't notice all the canisters in the hallway. That and the fact that he was inside would definitely keep him sleeping like a baby for much longer. Sayid, however, was outside by the swingset wasn't he? Unless they moved him...maybe I didn't catch that dialogue.

Question: Does Juliette know so much about Jack because she has been spying on him for so long or because they just "know"?

My guess is that Juliette knows so much about Jack for the same reason that Ben, Mikhail and some of The Others seem to know so much about the 815 survivors...and the "why" to that question hasn't been answered yet. In the previews for next week it did show Juliette telling Sayid, "If I tell you all I know, they'll kill me"....so there definitely is ALOT we're not privy to...yet!

Regarding Claire's astrology book not being shown...I do think that she was reading a book when Sawyer came up to her, but they didn't focus on what the book was. I'll have to watch the episode again...I could be wrong on that...

I definitely want to know why Juliette's shoulder was dislocated so many times. I'm wondering if The Others or Dharma put her through some kind of commando type training when she came to the island. She is really agile, great with a gun, and gave Kate the old fliperoo when Kate tried to attack her when she came in to give Kate her lunch, so there is definitely a reason.

I think I agree with you, Scube. Juliette is a bad, bad girl.

After all, she has to end up being worse than Kate.

And if Kate is a bad-ass good girl,

then Jules has to be a bad-ass, period.

I think I agree with you, Scube. Juliette is a bad, bad girl.

After all, she has to end up being worse than Kate.

...and if this turns out to be true, poor Jack is, once again, a bad judge of character. ^_^

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name