Episode 1.20: Five Years Gone

Jem

Episode 1.20: Title Unknown

Airdate: March/April 2007

• 01/18 - Episode 20 is a "very future" episode and has answers to things we've been dying to discover. Source: Kristin on E!Online
Source - Spoilerfix.com

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

• 02/13 - Episode 1.20 features Andy, a handsome and big hearted Texan. There will also be an event at an upscale gentleman's club. Source: SpoilerFix.com

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of Ask Ausiello at TV Guide:

Jack Coleman, during an interview with an L.A. radio station on Monday, revealed that Episode 20 will be set five years into the future. What he didn't say is that (Spoiler alert!)

Hiro and Ando would be the ones making the trek.

• 03/01 - Greg Grunberg reveals: "We're shooting an episode… we're about to shoot, where it's five years in the future, and it's not the Matt Parkman that anyone is used to seeing. My character is in a place that is really dark, and I'm not going to play it like this menacing, evil guy. I'm just going to play it as normal as possible. That, to me, is the way to make the most impact. Let the actions speak louder than the words." Source: The A.V. Club

• 2 weeks later...

Airdate: April/May 2007

• 03/05 - All the heroes die in episode 20. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 03/05 - The battle for control between Niki and Jessica leads to "a merging of the two," [Ali Larter] says. "And we have an episode coming up that's set in the future. There is definitely a winner then." Source: TV Guide Online

Courtesy of Heroes-tv.com:

String Theory (April 30, 2007)

Hiro and Ando's trek into the future leads them to meet some of the heroes as they are five years later, after the nuclear fallout. This includes a darker side of Matt, a Jessica/Niki with a clear winner in their battle, a brown-haired Claire, and a man named Andy, who's a big hearted Texan. It also features an event at an upscale gentleman's club.

NBC has released their official write-up for "String Theory, " the 20th episode of Heroes which airs on April 30.

Here it is:

HAVING STOLEN THE SWORD AND TELEPORTED FIVE YEARS INTO THE FUTURE, HIRO AND ANDO BEAR WITNESS TO A GRIM, HARROWING FUTURE FOR THE "HEROES"-- Thrown five years in the future, Hiro (Golden Globe nominee Masi Oka) and Ando (James Kyson Lee) discover that people with extraordinary abilities are not only widely known about -- after the destruction of New York City and the deaths of millions -- but are being registered, imprisoned, hunted and even killed as "terrorists." As the President takes his first step towards a "final solution," the pair get swept up in what could be the "Heroes" final battle and encounter a range of new and darkly familiar faces. If they survive the experience, can they still get back to the present and save the world? Santiago Cabrera, Jack Coleman, Noah Gray-Cabey, Greg Grunberg, Ali Larter, Hayden Panettiere, Adrian Pasdar, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Leonard Roberts and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Stana Katic, Jimmy Jean-Louis and Zachary Quinto guest star.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the Canadian promo for this episode:

Canadian promo

Thanks for those eye-opening clips, BB! Say it aint so, Ando... :(

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Heroes' Mohinder Previews a Bleak (Yet Thrilling) Future

by Matt Webb Mitovich

070430interview1.jpg

Sendhil Ramamurthy, Heroes

If you thought the return of NBC's Heroes last week served up the series' most riveting episode to date, brace yourself for a bit of future shock. Tonight's episode (airing at 9 pm/ET) follows Hiro, Ando and others five years into what we have seen is a very bleak future. There, unexpected alliances have formed and life-and-death decisions hang in the balance. Sendhil Ramamurthy, who plays Mohinder, calls this latest outing his personal favorite of them all. Now, the actor tells us more about it, lets slip a taste of Season 2, and details the onus of being deemed "sexy" by TV Guide.

TVGuide.com: I have to say, there's leaving people hanging with a cliff-hanger, and then there is leaving people, like Mohinder, literally hanging....

Sendhil Ramamurthy: Well, clearly, yeah! You have no idea how many people walked up to me on the street [during the show's hiatus] to say, "Is Mohinder dead?!" I didn

Things with time travel always give me headaches when I think about them too much, because the more you think about it, the more you find little things which don't make sense.

Like, in this case, at some point between the first press releases and the air date, they changed the title from "STRING THEORY" (which they ended up using as a title of one of the online graphic novel comic book thingies) to "FIVE YEARS GONE"

Yup, I caught that too...and I kinda liked the title "String Theory" better! Ah well.

What a mind-boggling episode! At first I wasn't too crazy about where they were going with the future characters (esp. Niki and Peter-yuck!), but the episode just kept getting better and better and sucked me right in by the time it ended with Hiro's words, "now for the hard part"...which also happens to be the title for next week's episode (The Hard Part)-Or so we hope.

At least we now know the total meaning of future Hiro's plea to Peter in the subway: "Save the cheerleader, save the world". That by saving the cheerleader from Sylar, Sylar didn't get Claire's powers (like he did in this future episode) and can therefore be defeated by Hiro(?) back in the present, making it possible to save the world. HOWEVER, it sounds like even though Sylar can be defeated, this would NOT stop the bomb/save the world because Peter is the bomb, not Sylar. Crazy, wonderful stuff! C'mon next week...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Heroes

by Megan Cherkezian

April 30, 2007: "If You Could Save Millions of Lives, Wouldn't You?"

I don't like the future.

So Linderman got his wish. New York exploded and Nathan Petrelli is President. Or was