Episode 1.18: Parasite

Jem

Episode 1.18: Title Unknown

Airdate: March/April 2007

• 01/23 - Here's another name to add to Heroes' rapidly expanding "list": Missy Peregrym. Although unconfirmed by NBC, multiple sources confirm that the Stick It actress has been cast as Faith, a female temptress who, according to an earlier casting breakdown, "wields a tremendous amount of sex appeal" and is willing to "get her hands dirty" for her employer. Peregrym will first appear in Episode 18, likely airing in April. Source: The Ausiello Report
Source - Spoilerfix.com

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 1.18: Title Unknown

Airdate: March/April 2007

• 01/24 - Nathan's destiny will become very clear to him in episode 18. Source: TV Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of TV GUIDE:

Question: So, Nathan is Claire's father. That explains why Peter and Claire will never get together. Any new scoop on Heroes?

Ausiello: Block off the evening of March 5 in your Outlook calendar: That's when a series regular gets grim-reapered.

• 2 weeks later...

Notice title change and air date.

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 1.18: Like Any Parasite

Airdate: March 5, 2007

• 02/16 - With the election and NYC's destruction looming, Nathan has a disturbing face-to-face meeting with the shadowy Linderman. Hiro's attempt to steal the sword steers him into a grim new direction. Suresh makes a breakthrough on "the list" -- at great cost. D.L. begins to suspect all is not well at home. Isaac paints his most terrible painting yet. New "hero" Candice Wilmer (guest star Missy Peregrym) makes an illusive debut. Jack Coleman, Tawny Cypress, Noah Gray-Cabey, Greg Grunberg, Ali Larter, Hayden Panettiere and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Ashley Crow, Jimmy Jean-Louis, James Kyson Lee, Zachary Quinto and Eric Roberts guest star. Source: NBC
  • 02/14 - Claire isn't the one dying. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 02/07 - Block off the evening of March 5 in your Outlook calendar: That's when the series regular gets grim-reapered. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 01/31 - A female Hero will get shot during sweeps, and you're never going to guess by whom. (Hint No. 1: It's another Hero

Courtesy of TV Guide- Michael Ausiello

February 21, 2007

Question: Why did Simone die on Monday's Heroes? Didn't you say the big death would occur on Mar. 5?

Thank you, BuxomB! ;)

After watching the preview for this episode, I think I have a hunch as to what the new female hero's super power is going to be- the one who is supposed to "clean up" Mr. B's "mess". In watching the preview you see Simone standing, opening her jacket and saying to Isaac, "do you want to shoot me again?" This struck me as odd because there is no way she would be standing there when she was killed or mortally wounded in the episode "Unexpected". So I thought maybe it was a dream...but then I noticed Mr. B standing right behind Isaac, so I think a dream sequence is highly unlikely.

What makes more sense is that it really isn't Simone after all, rather it's our new, female super hero! I'm guessing that she is a "shape-shifter" and is there to "clean up" some mess...I could be wrong, but it just seems like it would fit....that, and it would make for some interesting scenes in the future! It may be copied a little too closely to the character on X-Men...I can't remember her name...the blue lady...but I still think it would make for some fun episodes, so I hope I'm right! Some of the spoiler sites are saying that she has invisibility powers because of the word "illusive", but that doesn't make sense to me.

The OFFICIAL NBC preview: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/video_disp...shtml#mea=70889

(Some GREAT stuff in there!)

Here it is on Youtube, for those who have trouble, like I do, loading from NBC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awgvpVvrVjU

Looks

(to me!) like Missy Peregrym might fill the vacancy left by "The Haitian" to become Bennet's next partner.

And possibly the next round between Peter and Sylar!

Hey.

This is weird - conflicting spoilers!!!

01/23 - Here's another name to add to Heroes' rapidly expanding "list": Missy Peregrym. Although unconfirmed by NBC, multiple sources confirm that the Stick It actress has been cast as Faith, a female temptress who, according to an earlier casting breakdown, "wields a tremendous amount of sex appeal" and is willing to "get her hands dirty" for her employer. Peregrym will first appear in Episode 18, likely airing in April. Source: The Ausiello Report

02/16 - With the election and NYC's destruction looming, Nathan has a disturbing face-to-face meeting with the shadowy Linderman. Hiro's attempt to steal the sword steers him into a grim new direction. Suresh makes a breakthrough on "the list" -- at great cost. D.L. begins to suspect all is not well at home. Isaac paints his most terrible painting yet. New "hero" Candice Wilmer (guest star Missy Peregrym) makes an illusive debut. Jack Coleman, Tawny Cypress, Noah Gray-Cabey, Greg Grunberg, Ali Larter, Hayden Panettiere and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Ashley Crow, Jimmy Jean-Louis, James Kyson Lee, Zachary Quinto and Eric Roberts guest star. Source: NBC

Yes, I read somewhere...can't remember what site...that Ausiello received initial info on this character but the writers changed her name so his information was incorrect. Looks like he got the date of her first appearance wrong too!

One additional thing that backs up my original hunch on the new character- when you watch the preview again, notice what is in the background behind "Simone" when she says "do you want to shoot me again?" It confirms that this person is definitely not Simone.

Thanks for the awesome clip, Buxomb! :animated_wave:

...when you watch the preview again, notice what is in the background behind "Simone" when she says "do you want to shoot me again?" It confirms that this person is definitely not Simone.
UNLESS... Isaac is haunted by nightmares over what he has done, and is dreaming that Simone's ghost is visiting him. (You can throw HRG into that dream as well.)

As for Missy Peregrym... if I correctly understand what you said, she is still playing the same character, they just changed her name from "Faith" to "Candice Wilmer"? Interesting. I wonder why. Were they afraid of legal action, since they already have a character called "Hope" and didn't want confusion with the show "Hope and Faith"? Or, would having characters named "Hope" and "Faith" somehow be giving too much of a plotline away?

I hate speculating!

UNLESS... Isaac is haunted by nightmares over what he has done, and is dreaming that Simone's ghost is visiting him. (You can throw HRG into that dream as well.)
hmm, good point...but I just can't buy that it's a dream sequence esp. with HRG in it. It just makes no sense. When you mentioned earlier that the new character may be HRG's new partner that strengthens my original speculation (in my own mind!) even more...we'll definitely see!

As for Missy Peregrym... if I correctly understand what you said, she is still playing the same character, they just changed her name from "Faith" to "Candice Wilmer"? Interesting. I wonder why. Were they afraid of legal action, since they already have a character called "Hope" and didn't want confusion with the show "Hope and Faith"? Or, would having characters named "Hope" and "Faith" somehow be giving too much of a plotline away?

Yes to the first question. I don't know about the next two, but they are definitely interesting speculations.

I hate speculating!

LOL, me too, but I just can't help myself! :giggle:

DON'T CLICK unless you really want to spoil it for yourself and then have to wait until the episode airs to see the rest!

Too late, I'm already spoiled (I just can't help myself)...thanks for the GREAT clips!

Spidey lands on 'Heroes'

USA Today

Mar. 1, 2007 11:14 AM

Peter Parker fans may be feeling their spidey-sense tingling.

During Monday's 9 p.m. ET/PT cliffhanger episode of NBC's hit Heroes, "Like Any Parasite"

Once again, another FANTASTIC episode! And instead of one cliffhanger, we are left with several (nice twist, writers!):

Hiro and Ando are in the future, after the "bomb" has already gone off-will they be able to return to the present, or past and change events?

Mr. Bennet, after sharing too much info with shape-shifter Candace, who duped him into believing she was his wife, is now in the custody of his supervisor (Eric Roberts). Will he be killed? Incarcerated? Worse?

Claire, looking for Peter after ditching the Haitian at the airport, discovers someone else-her grandmother! And we also learn that the "higher authority" the Haitian was answering to is actually Mrs. Petrelli. (This was my personal favorite twist of the night, and one I didn't see coming at all!) Will Claire finally meet Nathan? What is Mrs. Petrelli's whole involvement, and does SHE have a super power?

Peter goes to seek Suresh's help, but discovers him literally stuck to the ceiling- the work of Sylar. Sylar then begins to perform a manual lobotomy on Peter. Will Suresh die from his wounds? Will Peter lose his brain, and his life? (remembering Peter's past self-preservation tactics and how well he has been able to call on his powers when needed, I highly doubt it!)

Isaac paints his own death. How soon will this happen- and will it?

And the biggest question..Sylar and Candace seem made for each other, so when will they hook up? :PJust kidding...

Or actually, the biggest, biggest question is- can we make it through Heroes withdrawals until April 23rd?? :bigcry:

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Heroes

by Megan Cherkezian

March 5, 2007: A Life of Meaning

New characters are coming into play faster than I can keep track. But I don't mind having Candice (Missy Peregrym) on board, because she has an edge that competes with Jessica's. She certainly welcomed herself with a set of eyes so devilish, I'm beginning to think she might even trump J's badass vibe. And her power is ridiculously brilliant. Seeing her disguised as Simone was a great way to introduce her "special" quality. But as far as we've seen, she definitely has no remorse or emotion at all. Isaac was out of sorts, naturally, but at least Simone's death produced another one of his paintings