Episode 1.14: Distractions

Jem

Airdate: February 5, 2007

• 01/19 - Hiro struggles to make his father (guest star George Takei), a corporate tycoon, and ambitious sister (guest star Saemi Nakamura) understand his new heroic path in life. Niki has a chance to be with D.L. and Micah again, but will she really be with them? Claude (guest star Chris Eccleston) attempts to teach Peter to harness his abilities, but the process could shatter Peter's faith in those closest to him. Determined to find her birth mother (guest star Jessalyn Gilsig), Claire makes her way to a trailer park in Texas. Meanwhile, Sylar (guest star Zachary Quinto) makes a shocking move against H.R.G. -- and his family. Tawny Cypress, Santiago Cabrera, Greg Grunberg, Adrian Pasdar and Sendhil Ramamurthy also star. Thomas Dekker, Jimmy Jean-Louis, James Kyson Lee and Zachary Quinto guest star. Source: NBC
  • 12/30 - Niki and Jessica are at it again. Source: SpoilerFix.com
  • 12/13 - The first [unit] is in downtown LA shooting the last day of episode 14 - involving Milo Ventemillia and a new (exciting) character doing a NYC street scene. As night falls they will do a big stunt high fall into a Taxicab. Source: Beaming Beeman
Source - Spoilerfix.com

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

• 01/26 - According to promo pictures for the episode: Sylar wears some kind of delivery guy uniform from PrimaTech Paper. Sandra Bennett and Zach appear in the episode. Source: SpoilerFix.com

Video preview: Heroes - S01E14 - Distractions - Preview

Quote: "Now you've met Claire's Mommy... wait till you meet Daddy!"

When the preview gets to the word "Daddy", they show the following arm, with watch and ring.

clairesdaddyshandqb4.jpg

Have we seen anyone with this watch or ring before?

Anyone recognize it, or have any ideas who it could be?

Let's hear some theories.

Several spoiler sites are saying that it is Nathan's watch...this could be very plausible if Nathan is in his mid-thirties. He could have had a high school/college romance which produced a child. This also might explain why he seems so weird right now regarding helping Peter with the whole "blowing up" thing. Nathan also has been shown several times with his sleeves rolled up like in the photo. If this is correct, that would make Peter Claire's uncle. I don't know how accurate this is, but the spoiler sites tend to be leaning in that direction...any other thoughts?

Courtesy of EOnline's Kristin Veitch:

Christopher Eccleston is my new favorite Hero. The accent, the non-Heroic mentality, the ability at first to resist Milo Ventimiglia's charms. That man is super, indeed

The Canadians get all the good previews!:

Canadian preview

Whoa! What is Sylar doing to HRG? And Mr. Bennett without his glasses...things are getting very interesting! Just don't tell me HRG bites the dust...

Thanks, BuxomBlonde! I just found that first clip on msn, but it wouldn't let me link it...thank you! :hurray: and I love the clip with IM and Peter... :animated_rotfl:

Claire goes to see Mommy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iIwVX24s7o

Simone asks for Isaac's help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUiQW0sR1Ck

Already posted earlier:

Peter Petrelli's training begins: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FG83HrY8n4w

Niki / Jessica begins therapy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2qb2kZof-0

Sylar's escape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxOZPTGVIjw

Find out if he kills Mr. Bennet (HRG) or not!

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

• 01/31 - Has you probably saw in the previous, Sylar will pay the Bennets a visit. This house call will have Claire's adoptive mother realize that her husband has been lying to her. Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
  • 01/29 - George Takei reveals: Mr. Nakamura, who is one of the world's wealthiest men, arrives with his bodyguards in a $450,000 car. He wants to bring his irresponsible son back to Japan. Hiro has mysteriously vanished to the United States, and that is intolerable! He has a need for appropriate defenses because there are evil people in the world

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Heroes

by Megan Cherkezian

February 5, 2007: Housebroken

I knew it. When every commercial previewed Claire's real father with a purple shirt on, sleeves slightly rolled up, a giant collegiate ring on his finger, I knew it was Nathan. I think this will finally put all those Peter-Claire questions to rest. We knew she was too young for him anyway, but now he's Uncle Peter, so there's no future for those two

What a great scene: Peter being pushed off the roof by the invisible man...dying and regenerating himself. He is definitely going to turn out to be one POWERFUL hero!!! I also loved the scene afterwards when the IM punches Peter in the face to stop him from...blowing up, maybe? Too funny...

Although Nathan had been predicted as being Claire's father, I still thought it was a nice touch to end with that revelation. The thought of a whole family filled with super powers opens up a new realm of possibilities! Mom can produce fire, dad can fly, daughter can heal herself, Uncle Peter can do just about anything, it seems...it makes you wonder about Nathan and Peter's dad (who killed himself...or did he?) and mom too...and even Nathan's other children. Also, Niki and D.L. produced Micah, who has special powers. The genetic-link card is definitely being played. It even opens up questions regarding Hiro's dad and sister and Matt's yet-to-be-born child (if it is his)...oh the possibilities!

I did get a little sick of the endless "bumping into people" scenes with Peter and the IM (ok, we get it, we get it), and I wasn't really crazy about the scenes with Hiro and his father and sister (other than the Ando/Kimiko flirting, which was too cute!). It just seemed like a time filler more than anything else. I hope I'm wrong.

And poor Mrs. Bennett- her brain must be the consistency of under-cooked scrambled eggs by now :rolleyes4: The Haitian's mind-wiping tactics remind me of the movie Men in Black, without the little thumb-drive-looking thing! :P

And a final question: Wouldn't D.L. or Micah notice the tattoo on the back of Jessica's shoulder-especially since Niki doesn't have one???