Episode 1.13: The Fix

Jem

Episode 1.13: The Fix

Airdate: January 29, 2007

• 01/18 - [George] Takei's character is a stern, traditional figure, who disapproves of his son's quest to become a hero, he said. "I'm a powerful industrialist. We come from a very distinguished family. And old-line family. I was brought up that way, and I thought I would bring up my son that way. But I'm discovering that there are strange things happening." One of the biggest challenges, Takei said, is that he has had to perform all of his scenes in Japanese. Source: Sci Fi Wire
  • 01/16 - Tim Kring revealed: We'll reveal that [Jessalyn Gilsig is playing Claire's birthmother] during February sweeps. Source: The Ausiello Report
  • 01/16 - Chased by unknown assailants, Hiro's search for the sword takes a turn when his father (guest star George Takei) appears. A cleaned up Issac dedicates himself to stopping New York's destruction -- and Peter. Claude (guest star Christopher Eccleston), an invisible man with a mysterious past, might have something to teach a would-be hero. D.L. (Leonard Roberts) struggles with new family responsibilities as Matt opens up to his wife Janice (guest star Lisa Lackey). H.R.G. focuses on his murderous captive, Sylar (guest star Zachary Quinto). Meanwhile, after seeking out the Haitian (guest star Jimmy Jean-Louis), Claire secretly embarks on a search for her true birth parents. While working to find those on "the list," Suresh receives a surprising visitor. Tawny Cypress, Noah Gray-Cabey, Ali Larter and Adrian Pasdar also star. Thomas Dekker, Jessalyn Gilsig and James Kyson Lee guest star. Source: NBC
  • 01/02 - From TV Guide: "Heroes Episode 13, "The Fix", which airs on January 29th, is a big one for Hiro fans and sci-fi geeks alike. The episode is heavily Hiro-centric as the peppy time jumper gets kidnapped by his dad, Mr. Kaito, played by Star Trek legend George Takei. Hiro finds himself staring down a tough as nails cult deprogrammer bent on eradicating those silly ideas Hiro has about being a super hero. Can Ando find him in time before Hiro resolves himself to an average-Joe existence?" Source: HeroSite
  • 12/06 - Jessalyn Gilsig ("Nip/Tuck") will appear in a multiepisode arc on NBC's "Heroes," reports Variety. Source: SuperHero Hype [Note: We believe she may be playing the new female hero described in our 11/22 spoiler from Ask Ausiello. In the 12/20 edition of Ask Ausiello, he doesn't deny that she'll turn out to be Claire's biological mother.]
  • 12/06 - You can expect an answer to a huge question about Claire. And surprisingly, it's a question no one but me seems to be asking. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 11/22 - Star Trek's George Takai will be joining Heroes as Hiro's father! Could he be Kaito, the very strict and traditional Japanese business man mentioned in our spoilers below? Episode 13 will also feature a "deprogrammer" who is a tough and intimidating ex-Marine man. Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
  • 11/22 - A new female hero is joining the cast for a mini arc, and this person's power is unlike anything we've seen on the show so far. All I'll say is, she'd come in very handy on Survivor. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 11/11 - Meredith, a trashy blonde from Texas makes her first appearance of 3 episodes. Someone meets with Dr. Withers, a sympathetic psychiatrist; she'll be in two episodes. A dishonest plumber takes pleasure in ripping off his customers. Source: SpoilerFix.com
  • 11/07 - Rumors say that someone will die in episode 13. Will it be permanent? This episode will also introduce new recurring (who'll appear in at least 2 episodes) Kaito, a very strict and traditional Japanese businessman who'll interact with Hiro. Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
Source - Spoilerfix.com

I found an unbelievably FANTASTIC special preview clip that features the new female hero, Hana Gittleman!

specialpreviewclip

Here are a couple of photos of Kana Static, who plays Hana:

normalhananc0.jpg

stanakaticii8.jpg

Here are FIVE more sneak preview clips for "The Fix", along with a couple of promo photos...one of Claire's mother, Meredith, and one of Hiro's father, played by George Takei. He sure doesn't look like he'd win any father awards...

Enjoy!

thefixpreview1

thefixpreview2

thefixpreview3

thefixpreview4

thefixpreview5

meredithef8.jpg

normalgeorgetekeizv9.jpg

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Heroes

by Angel Cohn

January 29, 2007: This Is How We Roll

So, after much hype, we finally got a glimpse of George Takei as Hiro's papa. Literally, just a brief glimpse of him. But it was pretty cool nonetheless. I laughed out loud when they decided to subtitle Hiro's "GULP!" - that's a pretty good introduction for any new character. Hiro and Ando didn't make it much closer to Vegas and Linderman, but instead they ran into another tough businessman. If only Hiro's powers were more reliable, he could teleport himself away from his menacing-looking father.

Then again, if he did that it would probably put Ando in danger, and Hiro is all about saving his best pal. He really needs to work on his bargaining skills, though: "Release unspecial Ando, and I go with you." That didn't really stop the goons from taking both of them.

While I always enjoy Ando and Hiro's buddy relationship, the unlikely partnership between Claude Raines (nice name!) and Peter is totally fun to watch. Peter's beginning an apprenticeship of sorts to find out how to control his powers