Big Brother 8: Brainstorming

Brekkie Boy

Now BB8 has been confirmed I thought it was best to go for an all-new thread to discuss the changes we want to make, rather than digging up the old thread and probably covering old ground.

The main change I want above all other is back to 13 (or 14) strangers - no casting twists at all this year. Any twist should come from the format.

Thinking more of just random ideas here, rather than a concrete change to the format though:

So random idea number one:

VETO TWIST:

The idea of this is to hold the HoH accountable for their nominations - The Veto holder can veto BOTH nominees by putting themselves and the HoH on the block!

However, I concede it might give the Veto holder way too much power, so perhaps it be restricted to the nominees - so if a nominee wins the Veto, they can save the other nominee and put the HoH on the block against themselves.

Random idea two:

NOMINATIONS:

Just a random idea again, but instead of the HoH nominating someone, they would give one person immunity. That person would then give someone immunity, and the chain continues until we're left with two nominees. It takes into account the views of more people in the house, but the HoH would still probably have the most influence in the process.

And a couple of my personal classics, which I've been suggesting for two or three years:

MILLION DOLLAR VETO:

Simply, using the Veto costs money! The jackpot begins at $1,000,000 - with $100,000 wiped off every time the Veto is used.

RETURN OF THE JURY:

When the two finalists remain the jury move back into the house for the last few days, giving the finalists a chance to campaign directly to the jury members - and the jury members a chance to examine the finalists close up, and of course blackmail them while there at it!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brekkie, great ideas as usual. I would take the million dollar veto one step further, and have them penalized for *anything* they do wrong that breaks the rules. Singing..Have $$ taken away. You dont put your mic on..Have $$ taken away. That sort of thing.

I second bringing back the jury too! Would be nice to see them kissing some a$$ in the end. Also with a bunch more people there, the last few days would be WAY less boring!

I like Brekkie's Immunity idea. After all, it's been proven to work (Survivor), and would make the show more competetive and less predictable (e.g. last year Will and Mike would NOT have been able to steamroll everyone right to the end).

Also, I think the return of the jury is an excellent idea, for a lot of reasons.

I think all these ideas are great, especially the one about the HGs incurring fines for misbehavior. But I'd hate to see the fines cut into a lousy 500K. Essential to this is the increase from 500K to a million. 90+ days in isolation is certainly as deserving of a mill as is 40 days in the back woods.

i would like it to stay the same.. same veto, same nomination ceremonies, same everything... im sorry, but i like it how it is...

lets just make the competitions more on skill, instead of LUCK, and do more AMERICA'S CHOICE... and do more creative challenges.

but we don't need to change the way big brother is, and has always been...

one change i say, is to bring the old song back! :)

and please don't let them have any guests on the show. they are suppose to be sequestered. they not need Neil Patrick whoever coming on the show!

i love the show, and i would hate to see it change.

although good ideas, just wouldn't be the same

i mean, we are the sensior fans here. talking about BB year round. wouldnt you hate to see the show you come to love change in everyway were its a completely different show? i know i would

How about we make this twist for the veto. This is the fairest way that will prevent any backdooring. Let's have the HOH, 2 noms, and 3 random people compete. If one of the two nominees are removed, the only people that the HOH can put up are the other 3 people who competed in the challenge... if one of those 3 people won veto and used it then the other 2 would be the only other possible noms. That is the fairest thing to do in my opinion. :r2d2:

I like the idea of the money coming off everytime they break the rules, they are getting too complacent and they aren't really listening to "big brother" but then again, that could have just been the All Stars. They thought they were better then they actually were. But I agree they would have to increase the amount of money offered at the beginning. But there should also be a chance for them to win back some of the money that was taken off.

How about if a veto isn't used they win back half the money they lost that week. This would give incentive for the veto to NOT be used and could also help with the backdoor situation.

I also love the idea of all the Jury coming back into the house for the final few days. Makes more interesting watching on the live feeds when there are just 2 people left and they sleep all day or avoid each other. There is also another idea of bringing the Jury back when there are 3 people left and let them have another job of eliminating the final participant to the jury and them creating the two finalists.

Typing this I came up with another idea. We don't have many possible tie weeks but I would like to see it that America gets a vote. IF there is a tie then the vote from America is used instead of the HOH. They already had their say putting the two people up. How about we get a shot. Granted it may not be used that week. But it's a tie breaker vote. This way America has a say without completely controlling the outcome of the show like in Season one.

I get your point but I think it be difficult to get people to vote for a poll which might not be used.

Just rephrasing things a bit so America gets a vote every week would make a difference - but I still think the viewers vote being equivalent to one HGs vote isn't going to have a huge impact.

I agree that BBUSA probably works best without the viewers voting to evict, but it would be good to see the viewers get some real power in some other form.

I think the best way would be around the Veto - if the Veto is used, the viewers decide the replacement.

P.S. An idea for a secret mission for the HoH too. One week (in the early stages) the public will choose the two nominees. The HoH is informed of this but told that they must pass off the nominees as their own, otherwise they will be evicted. If successful, they will get the sole vote in determining which nominee goes.

My idea for America's vote was actually used in Season 2... For the finale, there was a chance of a tie because there was no jury yet and the evicted houseguests were even. So when it came down to Will and Nicole, America was given a vote, they were told it would only be used in the case of a tie and it actually was pretty popular. Granted it was never used because Will won hands down. But I just like having a say in who goes and who stays, even if it's only an announcement by Julie who was voted out by America in the weeks it was not used.

I really like your idea of America choosing the replacement nominee if the Veto is used. It's certainly a way to stop the backdooring because then they will have ZERO control over who goes up. But then it would be less likely for the veto to be used. They would have to come up with a way to make people immune from being nominated in the case the veto is used.

"P.S. An idea for a secret mission for the HoH too. One week (in the early stages) the public will choose the two nominees. The HoH is informed of this but told that they must pass off the nominees as their own, otherwise they will be evicted. If successful, they will get the sole vote in determining which nominee goes."

I think this is an awesome idea

They sort of had it this year where you could get yourself out of being nominated, like a pass of sorts. I wish they'd have more of that and opportunities to win them.

I would like to see an America's Choice of who should be HOH or who should be nominated. One week of this, no more.

I know it was cruel to have Dani locked in a room all by herself, but this was totally entertaining. It would be groovy to do something like that again, but on a more extreme level like on Unanimous. Really get ppl snapping!

I'd love to have a secret house where the evicted members go, playing the game still where they have opportunities to make it back in the house, or switching their place with someone who's still left in the BB house, thereby kicking them out.

Elle, your last idea is AWESOME!!!

The secret room (or house, or whatever) where the evictees keep playing, and under certain conditions, come back to the other house and/or swap.

Great idea...would really work too.

• 2 weeks later...

" RETURN OF THE JURY:

When the two finalists remain the jury move back into the house for the last few days, giving the finalists a chance to campaign directly to the jury members - and the jury members a chance to examine the finalists close up, and of course blackmail them while there at it!"

This idea ive been tossing around in my head for a few years and I totally love it!!!!! The one thing for sure I would like to see back is the Jury go back in the house on finale night and reunite and read votes from inside house then all come out togehter I dont know why they got away from that!

less Q&A comps

less comps taylor towards certain contestant

less cheating

no bringing back hg

no ac for any circumstance

no veto week announce telling us which week before season start

no blondes

adhere to food restriction 100% no food pass

more luck comps

no reviewing of comp to please fans

no redo of comps once fans favorite hg gets ousted

more twist towards end

force hg to use whatever award if they wins eg. cou de tat

prize money for winning hoh,veto, to make others envy

no repeat comps from previous season

I would like to see an America's Choice of who should be HOH or who should be nominated. One week of this, no more. hell no

Random idea #357:

Turning the HoH concept around a bit - they'd still have to win it in the HoH comp and be responsible for nominations and all that - but instead of the usual perks they'd have to pay a price for the privilege of being immune and deciding who is nominated.

So there are some sacrifices to be made - the HoH suite would be uncomfortable, the bathroom basic and perhaps rather than private, it would have glass walls so they get no privacy.

Whatever changes are/aren't made, it has to be set-up in a way that we can't have a repeat of last year, Mike and will calling the shots throughout, and nobody able to stop them. A two-man show from beginning to end.

There has to be something built in, some twists, secret immunities, whatever, so that a situation like that can't happen again. At the same time, whatever twists there are have to be able to be figured out by all--in other words, superior strategizing still has to work.

Mike and Will "calling the shots" was down to the stupidity of the players - nothing to do with the format!

Will especially played probably the best "game" ever in BB2 - and if the All Stars were stupid enough to fall for it all again in BB7, that's there fault!

Yes, I agree--it was the stupidity of the players. But it just seemed too easy for Will and Mike to do what they did. Shouldn't have been that easy. Clearly, conniving and cheating have to be part of the game, especially as numbers get whittled down, but with M and W, that's ALL it was--nothing at all clever about them. If it was clever vs incredibly stupid, that would have been easy to accept and understand. But all it was, was chronic lying vs stupid people.

Guess if there aren't any basic changes, I have to hope that in future seasons the intelligence is a little more equitably distributed!!...Sure would make it more fun and interesting.

The players were dumb. Estrogen has a way of dummying up a girl in love.

But Will is above average when it comes to being clever. He had no competition. Ever.

Mike Boogie. I give no credit to. He was a mere dingleberry on Wills ass.

Archived