Erica Durousseau

Dade

ericasl7.jpg

Biography

Born in Lake Charles, Louisiana, Erica Durousseau received a track scholarship to Grambling College, also in Louisiana, where she earned her Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications. She then moved to Jackson, Mississippi for three years before relocating to New Orleans. After Hurricane Katrina, Durousseau was forced to move to Lake Charles and then Baton Rouge.

Durousseau currently works as a youth market director, traveling between two states while managing fundraisers. She previously worked as an advertising sales representative, store supervisor and waitress.

She describes herself as subtle, confrontational and outgoing. Her hobbies include writing, reading and spending time with her family. Her favorite sports are football and soccer. She is a member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

Currently single, Durousseau's birth date is December 11, 1979.

Favorites

Colors

Yellow

Scents

Fresh linen

Flowers

Lucky bamboo

Board Games

Monopoly, Taboo

Video Games

No favorite

Sports to Play

Soccer, jogging

Sports Teams

The Colts, The Mavericks

Outdoor Activities

Soccer, jogging

TV Shows

Forensic Files, Flavor of Love

Movies

Napoleon Dynamite, Love and Basketball

Music

R&B, rap, hip-hop, country, alternative, gospel

Magazines

O Magazine

Books/Authors

Iyanla Van Sant

Cereals

Raisin Bran Crunch, Froot Loops

Fruits

Orange

Snack Foods

Flamin' Hot Cheetos, Doritos

Cookies

Chocolate chip with walnuts

Candy Bars

Snickers

Alcoholic Drinks

Ketel One dirty martini

Non-alcoholic

Apple juice

• 4 weeks later...

It's too bad she freaked out. If the concensus was to vote Sylvia out, she should of tried her best, while keeing in mind it wasn't the end of her game if she lost. As it turned out, it was the end of the game for her, apparently for no other reason than she freaked out. I like Sylvia, so I'm glad it wasn't her, but I liked Erica too. She would have added a lot to the game, I think.

I bet if Earl hadn't have been exiled, Erica would have had a much better chance of surviving the vote.

We were all watching. She wasn't freaking out. She was enthusiastically trying to get her brainless team to listen. They needed a reason to vote someone out. Anything. Any excuse. If she'd really been freaking out she would've picked up a tiki pole & begun smashing those idiots upside the head.

I didn't personally like her. If she'd smiled her face would've exploded.

I don't like these day one game on people.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Survivor's Erica Is So Shocked, She Could Just Scream

by Angel Cohn

070222interview2.jpg

Erica Durousseau by Monty Brinton/CBSErica Durousseau, Survivor: Fiji

Last week on CBS' Survivor: Fiji (Thursdays at 8 pm/ET), Erica Durousseau learned that bossiness was much worse than incompetence. A mere day after she saved her starving and dehydrated tribe by discovering a plethora of pineapples, the Ravu crew decided to oust her simply because she expressed her opinion during a challenge. As a result, a chopping block-bound Sylvia was saved, even though she was deemed a weaker link. TVGuide.com had to find out from the Louisiana native if she thinks that Ravu is just plain hopeless.

TVGuide.com: Did watching your torch snuffing on TV make it really sink in?

Erica Durousseau: It did. And to see everything unfold.... It was surprising.

TVGuide.com: Do you think they voted you out just because of that one freakout, or because you were a strong player?

Erica: I was a strong player, and I think I needed to be really careful about not giving them an opportunity to vote me off. I think I took a chance by screaming in the challenges.

TVGuide.com: It is hard not to scream if they are doing something wrong.

Erica: Right. And nobody was really listening to me, so the more I got ignored, I got a bit louder. I was doing well, but it just took one opportunity for them to say, "Hey, she's a threat, we've got to get her out of there."

TVGuide.com: But then again, if you didn't say anything they'd probably say you didn't contribute.

Erica: It is a game of luck.

TVGuide.com: I couldn't quite tell: When you were yelling, did you have the right piece of that pole to put together?

Erica: No. I think about three of us had some puzzle pieces in hand, and there were a few pieces on the ground that we totally forgot about. One of those may have been the correct one. But the one that I was screaming about, no, it was incorrect.

TVGuide.com: The day before, you were a hero for finding the pineapples. That doesn't count for anything?

Erica: I guess not. All of the battles that are won are short-lived on Survivor, apparently.

TVGuide.com: Earl even wanted to marry you, since you "saved his life" with the fruit.

Erica: [Laughs] That was so funny. I loved that part. I had no idea. There were a lot of surprises when I watched it last night.

TVGuide.com: I wonder if when he gets back from Exile Island, he'll be mad.

Erica: I'm curious to see his reaction to everything, what is going to be the outcome, how it is going to unfold, and how they explain [to him] my absence. I really am eager to see that.

TVGuide.com: Yeah, the tribe defending their decision to go against the plan by keeping Sylvia will be interesting.

Erica: Yeah. That's what got me

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name