Man Vs Wild

kayo

My son just introduced me to this show on the Discovery Channel (he has cable, we don't)and...:blink:HOLY COW! Is that guy an ABSOLUTE LUNATIC :cookoo: or what??? I guess it makes for great tv though. I'd love to get others takes on this show. My husband and I agree that he would be the perfect person to be on Survivor!

• 4 weeks later...

Kayo, The show is not real. It is all fictional events strung together provide survival\moutianeering information. Rather than have some boring instructional video demostrating how to use an ice ax, make a fire, dig an ice cave, or whatever, they make it into an entertaining, yet totally fictional, series of episodes where is "Bear" stranded somewhere trying to survive. Behind the camera is a full production crew. When they are done shooting scenes at one location, they all pack up into cars\vans, and drive to the next location. In show, they might say he trek 20 miles on foot to get there.

To be clear, I am not bashing the show, just pointing out that the show is not a reality show as it appears to be. They are just making an instruction video as if it is a reality show. Keeping in mind, that even reality shows, aren't as real as they appear to be either.