Marisa

Dade

cand_marisa.jpg

Marisa, 28, grew up in Long Island, New York and in Wellington, Florida, where she currently resides. She graduated with a bachelor of arts degree in political science at Florida Atlantic University and then earned her law degree at the University of Baltimore School of Law. Her passion for politics and law led her to two coveted internships, first for a congressman while earning her undergraduate degree, and later as a law clerk for the Attorney General of Maryland in Annapolis while she attended law school. Now Marisa works for one of the most prominent law firms in the country and specializes in securities fraud, consumer fraud and anti-trust litigation. She currently litigates multi-million dollar class action lawsuits on behalf of shareholders and consumers damaged by corporate fraud. In addition, she plays a key role in the firm's investment outreach program, regularly meeting with public and private pension funds, retirement systems and other institutional investors to educate them about the firm's proprietary portfolio monitoring program. Marisa attributes her success to her strong family foundation, and enjoys volunteering for political campaigns and elections in her spare time. She says, "I should be the next Apprentice because my legal and political background have enabled me to take on many challenges and achieve success, and these experiences will allow me to showcase my leadership ability in addition to my strong work ethic."

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Fired Chicken: The Apprentice's Marisa Cries Fowl!

by Matt Webb Mitovich

070202interview3.jpg

Marisa DeMato, The Apprentice

How El Pollo Loco can you go? Ousted from NBC's The Apprentice last week for failing to drum up sales of a less-than-super "bowl" product for the regional fast foodery, Marisa DeMato argues that she was, in fact, targeted for elimination by "Her Highness," Heidi. The day after the 28-year-old attorney's exit, TVGuide.com invited Marisa to talk, um, chicken.

TVGuide.com: I feel like one drawback of this season's "penthouse versus the outhouse" setup is that we didn't really get to know you folks over on Kinetic. Did you feel that way, seeing the coverage?

Marisa DeMato: I totally agree. I felt like you really didn't get to see a lot of the team, because they focus so much more this season on the losing team. And in the third week, with the exemption [from the task], our team was basically nonexistent.

TVGuide.com: So when you then show up in Week 4, all we're left with is this painting of you as a person crazy for people in chicken suits, and who perhaps talks too much in the boardroom.

Marisa: Starting back in Week 2, I was getting a little more face time than most, because I was vocal about not really being that thrilled with the [twist where] one person could essentially continue to be project manager [for weeks on end].

TVGuide.com: Was that you? I quoted you when I raised my own objection to that rule change with Donald Trump. I told him it keeps the other team members from having a proper chance to shine.

Marisa: It does, and I still feel that way. As you said before, no one's really gotten to know what a great team Kinetic was, and Kinetic was a great team. Some people right now may be thinking, "Oh, she didn't get along with her group," but nothing could be further from the truth. There really wasn't any dissention in our group whatsoever, aside from Heidi and I occasionally having professional differences over designs or concepts. I was very close with Muna and Aimee and Derek.... You wouldn't necessarily know it by watching, but my boardroom [outcome] was more about taking out the strong player