The Office

I'm going through major withdrawals too, Crackers! I'm totally missing my Dwight, Michael, Jim and Creed fix each week...

• 7 months later...

This is why I miss this show so much and CANNOT WAIT for it to return-

Jim's new olympic sport

PRICELESS.

The Office returns Thursday, September 25th...YAAY!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been watching the Season 4 dvds and it only makes me want the show to begin even more! C'mon September 25th ... :animated_bouncy:

• 2 months later...

B.J. Novak taking a leave of absence from The Office

Further proof the U.S. economy is in the crapper: It appears layoffs are looming at Dunder Mifflin.

post-2-1226544976_thumb.jpg

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Office actor/writer B.J. Novak is taking a leave of absence from the show to appear in Quentin Tarantino's latest film, Inglourious Bastards. NBC declined to comment, but a Peacock insider says Novak asked producers for the time off and they obliged.

But exactly how much time off he'll be getting is subject to some debate. According to one insider, Novak will be MIA for "several episodes" but will return later this season. Another source, however, says Novak may be done with The Office for good, at least as a performer. "He may write more episodes," whispers my mole, "but as far as playing Ryan, I think he's ready to move on."

It's unclear how Novak's absence will be explained on screen, but making Ryan a victim of the current recession would be the logical way to go -- particularly if you-know-who returns to Scranton and decides she wants her old receptionist job back (hint, hint).

That begs the question: Would Pam's return to Dunder Mifflin cushion the blow of losing Ryan? And what if Novak is gone for good -- can The Office weather the loss?

Source: AusielloFiles.EW.com

10548074.gif

I don't think the show will suffer if he quits his role as Ryan, but it will suffer if he stops writing for it!

• 1 month later...

The Office's post-Super Bowl episode just scored the equivalent of a touchdown with a two-point conversion: Jack Black has signed on to guest star in the hour-long episode, sources confirm to me exclusively.

post-2-1229500915_thumb.jpg

The hitcom's producers are keeping the specifics of Black's stint under lock and key, but a just-released NBC press release says this of his role: "Some of the office workers try to secretly watch a bootlegged Hollywood movie during the workday. The movie stars Jack Black and other notable Hollywood actors." (I initially reported that he would not be playing himself in the episode. Sorry about that. My Office mole has since been reprimanded.)

As previously scooped by TV Week, the Feb. 1 episode, which will air immediately following NBC's Super Bowl telecast, will revolve around the staff of Dunder Mifflin roasting Michael (Steve Carell).

Jessica Alba's doing the ep, too!

post-2-1229500950_thumb.jpg

An NBC insider has confirmed that the erstwhile Dark Angel is joining Black in the cast of the bootlegged movie the Dunder Mifflin staff try to watch during the workday. No further deets are available at present, but c'mon, isn't knowing she's doing it enough?

I love the Office! I'm glad they figured out how to do this without it being a rip-off or script-copying like a lot of the British shows they import.

Dwight is great. I love him. He is so serious and easily taken advantage of by Jim. His character is so wonderful!

I also like Andy. I love how Andy is to Dwight what Dwight is to Jim.

How they can be into Angela is beyond me.

• 1 month later...