Heroes In The Media

kayo

Masi Oka appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Wednesday, January 3rd.

This is his interview (WARNING: contains preview clip, although it really isn't spoilerish...but very funny!):

Masi Oka on Jay Leno

WOOSH! "Can you keep it down?" woosh! :lol2:

Oh brother! What is NBC worried about anyway? :wacko: It would have been a great marketing ploy for the show- I just don't get their line of thought on pulling it. Oh well, I'll keep looking to see if I can find another clip somewhere. :sadwalk:

Ok, I've found another one! Let's see if they pull this before y'all are able to view it...

masi oka interview

Courtesy of HeroSite.net:

Heroes Wins As The People's Choice For Favorite New TV Drama!

Heroes has won the People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama. The award, chosen by the fans and the general TV-watching public.

wediditoj1.jpg

heroescastcs6.jpg

Congratulations to Heroes, one of Time Magazine's "27 People Who Mattered in 2006"- the only television show chosen!!

Time Magazine

Clips of cast interviews and appearances on some various Entertainment shows, from Youtube.

NBC "Heroes" - Extra tv interview with Masi Oka - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJC-WQlzNL8

NBC "Heroes" - Time shoot on Access Hollywood - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyiltV65H1I

The cast of Heroes on Ellen Part One - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGqGSdWPLjo

The cast of Heroes on Ellen Part Two -

NBC's Heroic Renewals

by Gina Serpe

Los Angeles (E! Online) - Save the cheerleader, save the network. In a batch of renewals that will likely fail to surprise even the most casual TV viewer, NBC has announced that four of its most popular

Woo hoo, thanks Jem!! :party_smilie: They would have been CRAZY not to have renewed it!!

NBC GIVES 'HEROES' AUDIENCE A 360 DEGREE EXPERIENCE BEGINNING ON JANUARY 22

Published: January 19, 2007

NBC Digital Entertainment To Launch Comprehensive Interactive Extension For Scripted Series Sponsored In Part By Nissan

Courtesy of NBC

BURBANK, Calif. - January 19, 2007 - NBC today unveiled its extensive "TV 360" realization for the breakout-hit "HEROES." The digital extensions, which launch with the return of original episodes of the show on Monday, January 22nd, will include exclusive and original content made available on several alternative platforms, sponsored in part by Nissan.

The announcement was made by Jeff Gaspin, President NBC Universal Cable Entertainment, Digital Content and Cross Network Strategy.

"This is particularly exciting because it's the most developed TV 360 application we've created for a scripted series, and the first to use this level of interactivity," said Gaspin. "'HEROES' has proven itself a hit on-air and online, and these extensions of rich, original content will allow our audience unprecedented access to new levels of the show as they dig deeper."

Beginning on January 22nd, viewers will be invited to experience "HEROES" in a whole new way. As they investigate on-air clues and learn new truths about the characters, their involvement will lead them to new platforms, including interaction with unique mobile content; a WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) site that one of the characters gives them access to; a special "two screen" application which provides a real-time experience; access to the fictional Primatech Paper company's phone system; and significantly increased original content on NBC.com including secret files, hidden sites and original commentary from cast members added to each streaming episode.

"This opportunity is the next step in continuing Nissan's successful partnership with HEROES," said Melissa Adams, Senior Manager of Media, Nissan North America. "'HEROES' has been key to helping Nissan establish its new entry compact car, Versa. HEROES 360 will only further enhance the awareness of Nissan's innovative products."

As the season of "HEROES" continues, the "HEROES 360" extensions will evolve with new areas of exploration each week. OMD will be handling the media buying and implementation for Nissan.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Hit "List": Heroes' New Campaign Aims to Defuse 24

by Michael Logan

070122interview2.jpg

Tonight on Heroes, H.R.G. asks Mohinder, "Are you on the list?"

First there was "Save the cheerleader, save the world." Now we have, "Are you on the list?" But the current catchphrase for NBC's Heroes (returning from hiatus tonight at 9 pm/ET) could just as easily have been, "Peter is the bomb." That's what Vince Manze suggested. As president and creative director of the NBC Agency, the marketing firm that handles Heroes, Manze is responsible for the show's attention-grabbing slogans.

"I brought up the idea of

'Heroes' Expands Universe with Roberts

Cohen reunites with 'Gilmore Girls' creator at FOX

27526166.jpg

Eric Roberts

Eric RobertsThe cast of "Heroes" will grow a little bit more this season with the addition of the ever-busy Eric Roberts.

The one-time "Less Than Perfect" star will join the first-year NBC hit later this season. He'll be playing a character named Thompson, an associate of Jack Coleman's shadowy HRG, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

In other casting news, Scott Cohen ("Law & Order: Trial by Jury") is reuniting with "Gilmore Girls" creator Amy Sherman-Palladino on a FOX pilot, and former "24" regular James Badge Dale will star in NBC's drama "Fort Pit."

It's unclear whether Roberts will be a regular or have a recurring part on "Heroes." He's one of several recent additions to the cast; former "Dr. Who" Christopher Eccleston made his first appearance on the show Monday, and Stana Katic ("24," "The Shield") was seen in a preview for a future episode. Jessalyn Gilsig ("Nip/Tuck") will also be featured on the show this season.

Roberts, whose credits range from "Star 80" to "The Cable Guy" to "Less Than Perfect," will next be seen in the Hallmark Channel's miniseries "Pandemic." He also has several film projects at various stages of production.

Also at NBC, Dale will play a fresh-from-the-academy police officer in "Fort Pit," a drama about a precinct filled with rookies and veteran officers riding out the last days of their careers. Dale starred in the third season of "24" and recently co-starred in the Oscar-nominated "The Departed."

Cohen, meanwhile, has taken a role in "The Return of Jezebel James," a comedy about two estranged sisters who reunite when one agrees to carry the other's baby. He'll play the boyfriend of one of the sisters. It's a reunion with Sherman-Palladino for Cohen, who played Lorelai's (Lauren Graham) boyfriend Max Medina early in the show's life.

Four collectible "Heroes" covers (see below) will be featured on the January 29 issue of TV Guide magazine (on newsstands January 25):

tvguideheroes1vg4.jpg

tvguideheroes2av9.jpg

tvguideheroes3ss4.jpg

tvguideheroes4lc0.jpg

Heroes marathon Wednesday January 31, 7/6C on SCIFI. See the last 4 episodes again.

**SCIFI COMMERCIAL**

Malcolm McDowell Joins the Cast of Heroes

Courtesy of USA Today

mcdowelltx5.jpg

...Elsewhere in the land of comic-book protagonists, Malcolm McDowell has joined the cast of the NBC hit drama Heroes. In a recurring role, McDowell will play an ally of Nathan Petrelli (Adrian Pasdar). Petrelli is a politician who harbors a secret.

Source: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?c...=1&id=39809

sylar_heroes_tn.JPG

Heroes' Sylar Will Surprise

Zachary Quinto, who plays the superpowered serial killer Sylar on NBC's Heroes, told SCI FI Wire that his character isn't pure evil, he's just misunderstood. "I think he's somebody that sort of got overtaken by a desire that he didn't expect to overtake him as powerfully as it does," Quinto said in an interview. "And it starts from a place of really just wanting to be valued and desired, and it evolved into something that is really insatiable. And that's sort of what carries him: It's this insatiable hunger. I think he enjoys it to a certain degree. I think he certainly is aware of what he's capable of. But I don't think that it's something that he is sort of going after for the sake of going after it."

Quinto joined Heroes in the season's eighth episode, though Sylar has been mentioned in the show as early as episode two. Quinto said that viewers who think they know where his storyline is going will be as surprised as he was at the direction it takes in the second half of the season. "I had all these sort of expectations or preconceptions about where they would take it and how it would move forward," he said. "And every script I get, it's like a whole other 360 [or] 180 turn on a dime. So it's really going to go to places that I don't think people have any idea or any sort of expectation."

Although Quinto has not yet had an opportunity to work with all of the cast members on the show, he pointed out that the other actors are understandably wary of interacting with him on screen. "There's a lot of people I've been waiting to work with," he said. "I haven't worked with Greg Grunberg. I haven't worked with Ali [Larter] or Leonard [Roberts]. I haven't worked with Adrian [Pasdar] yet. And we all talk about the desire to work together, but I'm sure they're all probably a little trepidatious to be in a scene with me, because it can't be the harbinger of all good things, right? But I've really enjoyed my time with Milo [Ventimiglia] and Hayden [Panettiere] and Sendhil Ramamurthy now. I'm working a lot with Sendhil in these episodes that we're shooting now, so that's really cool. And it's great, because it's such a diverse group of people, and everybody's so happy to be around and so happy to be a part of something that's so igniting excitement in people." Heroes airs Monday nights at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

• 3 weeks later...

Emerson Drops Product Placement Case Against NBC

Courtesy of MediaPost Publications

Friday, Feb 23, 2007 8:33 AM ET

A LAWSUIT ALLEGING THAT NBC engaged in unauthorized and unflattering product placement in the hit show "Heroes" has been settled out-of-court. NBC Universal reached an agreement in which the Emerson Electric Co. would drop the case charging the network with "causing irreparable injury" to its InSinkErator waste-disposal brand.

Terms of the deal were not available, although Emerson last week dropped the charges in a filing with a Missouri court.

In the suit filed in October, Emerson said NBC did not have its permission to use the clearly visible InSinkErator brand in the show, and sought compensation for a slew of resulting damages.

Emerson declined comment. NBC did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but last fall reportedly said it did not feel it was liable. Attorneys that represented both sides also declined comment.

Back in October, Emerson was so enraged--or perhaps interested in seeking a favorable settlement--that it even declined to drop the charges after NBC reportedly agreed to edit the scene in the "Heroes" episode, in which a character sticks her hand in a kitchen-sink InSinkErator and pulls it out mangled and bloodied.

Among Emerson's charges about the Sept. 25 series premiere were trademark infringement and dilution, and unfair competition for misrepresenting and sullying the InSinkErator brand.

Had it gone to trial and Emerson won, the case could have set a precedent regarding a network's rights in how it depicts branded products in its creative work.

However, Mark McKenna, a trademark law expert at St. Louis University School of Law, last fall wrote in an email: "The case is very unlikely to succeed against NBC."

"There is precedent for the notion that certain uses of another party's trademark in an unflattering light can be deemed tarnishment or disparagement," he wrote. "I am not aware, however, of any case finding a use of a branded product in a creative work to violate trademark rights."

McKenna yesterday wrote he was not surprised by the settlement, though it could "embolden future claimants." But, he said, "NBC is owned by GE. GE is a major advertiser. So NBC's interests really are on both sides of this issue. If they fight hard for the integrity of their communicative work, they might establish a principle that the GE folks don't much like with respect to uses of their products or trademarks. So this is, in part, a story about the conflicts of interests many media entities have."

The allegedly unlawful scene aired both on the NBC network on Sept. 25 (seen by some 14 million) and in an online stream on NBC.com. An image from the scene remains archived on blog Defamer.com and DVDs of the pilot episode sent to media buyers and others last spring remain in circulation.

In the suit, Emerson said NBC misrepresented any risks or potential injuries posed by the InSinkErator on the show, while portraying the brand "in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product."

Emerson, which has marketed the brand for 78 years, further blasted NBC in the court documents with "deliberate and willful ... intent to cause confusion, mistake, and to deceive and defraud the public."

While it is unclear what the settlement agreement entails, it could include NBC providing Emerson with free advertising, sort of a makegood, on its air. Last year, Emerson spent $420,300 for InSinkErator on network television--all on NBC, according to Nielsen Monitor-Plus, showing it may have a preference for the network.

1, 2, 3.....OH BROTHER!!! :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of iFMagazine:

March 13, 2007

The super powered cast of NBC

During this hiatus, producer Greg Beeman (who usually, on the day it airs, posts a commentary about the production of each episode) will be answering questions from the fans. Here is the first installment: http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2007/03/spr...-questions.html

Look for the next installment every Monday, until the show returns, when the blog will return to the episode production notes commentary format.

Here's an interesting article about the real artist who paints Isaac's paintings:

Tim Sale article/Naperville Sun