I Just Don't Get It...

echo

I fail to understand why this show is so popular. Not saying it is a bad show, I just honestly don't get it. It's just Star Search that is hyped and drawn out over many weeks. I suppose if I understood why people watched Star Search, I would get it.

yes, i love the auditions, and after chris was booted last year and taylor won(like he's done anything.....can you say fantasia and reuben?) i swore i wouldn't watch it once the final 12 were picked. we'll see how my will power is this year!

:animated_scratchchin: I am the opposite, I don't know why the auditions are so popular. That part of the show is my least favorite, I don 't like seeing people making fools out of themselves.

Give me the final twelve, at least they can sing!!!!!!!!!!! :animated_scratchchin:

I'm with you gizz--I find the auditions and preliminary stuff long and annoying.....I start to watch when the numbers get down.

I have to admit that Taylor winning over Chris was something I found VERY hard to swallow.....there seemed to be something fishy in that. And even the audience reaction when Chris was kicked off....everyone was stunned.

I cannot get over thinking that Taylor winning was a huge miscarriage of justice.

Still, I'll watch again, lol...or at least I'll tape.

You are so right Yath, I sit every year and wonder if it is rigged somehow. It started the year Rubin won over Clay, and then the same thing happened last year. Although, I am looking forward to another season of Idol, I am lmore interested to see what kind of fool Paula makes of herself.

gizz, last year I became convinced that it was rigged the night they gave Taylor an extra chance to sing on his own, and nobody else was given that chance.

That was the night when Seacrest interviewed a celebrity in the audience, and when Ryan asked her if she had a request, she said it was to hear Taylor sing again--I don't know if you remember that.

AS SOON as the show was over, I got a call from a good friend who always watched it too, and the first thing she said was "What was THAT??"...referring to Taylor getting an extra chance to sing....

Then when Chris was kicked off soon after...I dunno, didn't feel right.

echo........do you like any reality show?

I am like mikey, I hate everything. :)

Being the self-absorbed person that I am, I fail to understand your point ...Mr seahunt.

echo........do you like any reality show?

I didn't think you were asking a question, just makeing a statement in the form of a question. Yes, I do like a few reality shows.

Even to my own suprise, The apprentice is not too bad once you look behind the curtian and not view it literally.

Huge Big Brother fan. BB is the best of all the reality shows.

Real World is a guilty pleasure. The show really does a decent jop of showing 20 something growing as individuals. The show easily could be produced\cast\edited to be a show of self-aborbed individuals who's only goal is to make it to hollywood.

Survivor. King of them all. Seen every episode since day one.

The original "The Mole" was excellent.

The Joe Schmoe show made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

My favorite was Richard Branson's version of the apprentice: "The Rebel Billionaire" It was real, no magic tricks on that one other than editting.

I suppose if I understood why people watched Star Search, I would get it.

My best friend who was my roommate was on Star Search many many years ago and won 7 straight times until getting beat by guess who........Whitney Houston.

Her name is Tareva Henderson and she's done some TV, backup singing for many high profile singers but when it came down to it...that business is so demanding she didn't want to pursue it anymore. Faith Hill beat her out of Newcomer of the year. She still sings but at her own pace, she use to cry to me about the demands of producers and having that star quality profile...........but she was just a laid back woman who wanted to sing her music...her way.... and thats what she's doing today.

The auditions are always my favorite part of the show and then my interest wanes when they get down to the finalist. But, I have noticed that since the producers caught wind that the auditions are probably the most watched part of the show it appears that a lot of the audition stuff is staged. I also think they encourage the people to now make fools of themselves rather than actually looking for talent (loose term).

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name