'I'm From Rolling Stone'

TV_Paige

variety_logo100x24.jpg

MTV Meets the Reality Press

by Denise Martin

wenner_jann.jpg

Rolling Stone's Jann Wenner

MTV has given the thumbs up to an "Apprentice"-style series in which aspiring journalists vie for a chance at a staff position at Rolling Stone Magazine. MTV's "I'm From Rolling Stone," in which six would-be journalists spend the summer of their lives trying to earn a job with the illustrious magazine, will air on Sundays at 10 p.m. on MTV. "I'm From Rolling Stone" premieres on Sunday, January 7.

"Throughout our history, we have seen the careers of some of the nation's most notable journalists flourish, including Cameron Crowe and the late Hunter S. Thompson," Jann Wenner, Rolling Stone founder-publisher said. "We are anxious to meet the candidates and welcome them into the Rolling Stone family as they embark on their professional careers."

"I'm From Rolling Stone," will pit writers against one another in a three-month competition, in which they'll cover a range of assignments with the help of the publication's top editors in hopes of clinching a job. Production began this summer along with a blog on MTV.com to help viewers enjoy the show.

The blog is the place to go for enlightening deconstructions of every episode, contestant profiles and updates as well as exclusive video and behind-the-scenes extras. It will also feature live chats with the cast of the show. It'll also present some of the writers' work from time to time.

If you think you could've done better job of writing, you'll get a chance to prove it. Proving to be truly interactive, it will hold online contests based on the assignments undertaken by the "I'm From Rolling Stone" contestants. And just like on the show, if you're really good, you might even get to write for Rolling Stone Magazine.