Episode 3.13: The Man From Tallahassee (locke-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.13: Title Unknown

Airdate: March 21, 2007

• 12/20 - Over at TWoP, secretagentman recently spilled that episode 3.13 would feature two homicide detectives from Orange County. Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat

• 5 weeks later...

Episode 3.13: Title Unknown (Locke-centric, unconfirmed)

• 01/21 - Also, a little casting news just broke regarding Lost's episode 13. Producers are casting the following: two O.C. homicide cops, a "firm" government employee, a twentysomething likable Caucasian guy, a "strong" and "likable" African-American guy. Source: Kristin on E!Online

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly:

Some scenes from Episode 3.13

• 3 weeks later...

Episode 3.13: The Man From Tallahassee (Locke-centric)

• 03/03 - Ben offers to give Locke some of the island's secrets if he calls off his destructive plan; Kate discovers that Jack has made a deal with the Others. Source: WCHS

Ben offers to give Locke some of the island's secrets if he calls off his destructive plan
:eek: His destructive plan??? Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait...

Kate discovers that Jack has made a deal with the Others.

Is it a deal to get home, perhaps?..Kate's going to be a little po'd...

Episode 3.13: The Man From Tallahassee (Locke-centric)

• 03/11 - Ben tries to talk Locke out of his destructive plan by offering him some island secrets. Meanwhile, Kate's reunion with Jack does not go off as planned when she discovers he has made a deal with the Others. Flashbacks focus on Locke. Richard Alpert: Nestor Carbonell. Source: TV Guide Online
  • 03/05 - Guest starring are M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Kevin Tighe as Anthony Cooper, Patrick J. Adams as Peter Talbot, Barbara Baehler as Mrs. Talbot, Don Nahaku as Detective Reed, Marlene Forte as Detective Mason, Stephen Bishop as William Kincaid, Cleo King as government worker and Brian Goodman as Ryan Pryce. Source: ABC

Ben tries to talk Locke out of his destructive plan by offering him some island secrets. Meanwhile, Kate's reunion with Jack does not go off as planned when she discovers he has made a deal with the Others. Flashbacks focus on Locke.

Canadian promo

U.S. promo

After watching the promos I think several things can be figured out. So Locke came for the submarine, not Jack...and he didn't come to take it home, he came to blow it up. (C4 from recent episode + his comment to Ben + the preview shot of something exploding behind a very pleased-looking Locke= submarine going BOOM!) Why would he do this? Whether this is for Locke's own personal interests I still don't know. My gut says that Locke is still "working" for the "island". Locke and/or the island do/does not want the island inhabitants to leave or communicate with the outside world.

Jack has made a deal with the "others" supposedly to send him home, but my guess is that he is playing them for some yet unknown reason but he will take it as far as having Kate think that he is totally on their side. Will she buy it?

I have been thinking for a while now that Locke is some kind of Mole, but I guess we will have to wait and see..

I really hope Jack is just playing it up... I cant see him actually being in with the others

i'd be really surprised if Locke is actually 'a mole'......i still think he really does WANT to stay on the island because this is the BEST his life has ever been.......and it sounds like this episode will show us even more reasons why he'd never want to go back to life off the island

I dont know how to explain it, but what I mean by mole is that he is purpusly sabotaging them to stay on the island. I dont necessarily mean he was "planted" there by someone else, but he could have even just become a mole for himself, to stay there, where its the best hes ever had - like you said nursie

Oh, Jeeemmmy (and all you other Jack-lovers)....you just HAVE TO CHECK OUT THIS NEW PROMO!!!

Canadian promo 2 :wub:

The new sneak preview clip for tonight's eppy is now up at abc.com. When viewing this clip, It sure doesn't look to me like Jack is the one who will betray her...

sneak preview clip

:jawdrop: What a FANTASTIC episode!!! So Locke's dad is the "man from Tallahassee"...I did NOT see that one coming! I had compassion for Locke all over again. And Ben is really as cunning and manipulative as we thought- what a guy!...AND Mittelos is Ben's aide :animated_shocking: .

I loved the Jack and Kate scenes as well. Jack told Kate that he started trusting the others when Kate asked him to save Sawyer. I may be a bit thick, but was he meaning that he saw how desperate she was to save Sawyer and that she was willing to trust them because of her desperation/feelings for Sawyer? Or was he alluding to something more...say Kate and Sawyer's little rendezvous in the cage? I also wondered about Tom's comment to Jack about watching out for the ...and pointing in the room. Is Tom more on Juliet's side than we were first lead to believe? It seems like he was warning Jack about the cameras. Was it something else?

And what about those previews for next week... I CANNOT WAIT.

Yowsa -- great show. And Kayo covered all the shockers.

I only wanna add one thing. Ben -- his eyes really creep me out. There was one closeup where I swear he was bugging them out as much as possible. He reminded me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings. YUCK!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Lost

by Sabrina Rojas Weiss

March 21, 2007: "My Dad in a Box"

For a guy who thinks he's so darn clever all the time, Locke sure is gullible. Help me count the ways in which this man has been fooled, 'cause I know I'm going to forget some: 1) His "birth mother" helped him find his "birth father," Anthony Cooper, who stole his kidney, and it's never been proven for sure that those are his parents. (No one mentions the fact that, even with that bad hair dye, Terry O'Quinn looks about five years older than Swoosie Kurtz and Kevin Tighe, but that's beside the point.) 2) His "dad" somehow convinced him he wanted to make up the loss of a kidney with a big bundle of money but instead left him high and dry and without his very nice girlfriend. I totally forgot the details of that episode, but I do remember thinking, "Gee, Locke will believe anything." 3) He believed that Ben was just a victim of Jack and Sayid's paranoia, back when Ben was Henry. 4) He let that undercover agent into the happy hippie pot farm. 5) He somehow convinced himself that, after all his dad's evildoings, the guy would just up and surrender to Locke's command to leave his latest mark without a fight. I'm not sure whether to add No. 6

I only wanna add one thing. Ben -- his eyes really creep me out. There was one closeup where I swear he was bugging them out as much as possible. He reminded me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings. YUCK!

No kidding-He could almost hypnotize people with those eyeballs! When they did a close up of his face it almost looked like there was a film over his eyes...major creepiness.

Wow, I just had an epiphany of sorts... or at least an idea anyway ;) . The "man from Tallahassee" is a reference to Locke's father.

Locke's father is a con man who has gone by at least two names that we know of: Anthony Cooper and, well, the name he went by in last night's episode (I can't remember it now!). Sawyer is supposed to be from Florida, or so my son tells me. What if one of Locke's dad's other names is Sawyer, and he is the con man who James (Sawyer) has been searching for...the one who conned James' dad causing his dad to kill his mother and himself? Or, at the very least, there will be some sort of connection or paths crossing episode in the future.

Probably everyone has thought of this already and I'm really slow, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. :animated_scratchchin:

Well you're faster than me, because I didnt think of that but its a great idea, and another way to tie in more people. I loved last nights episode, at the end my mouth was literally hanging open!!! Yay, but boo we have to wait another week!

Probably everyone has thought of this already and I'm really slow, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Not here. New concept for me, Kayo, and a good one at that. Strong possibilities, I'd say.

And while we're on the subject of Sawyer (sorta), did the preview indicate that he might have hit on Sun?

I really don't want to think that -- or that they're going to let him turn into a callous slug.

And while we're on the subject of Sawyer (sorta), did the preview indicate that he might have hit on Sun?

I really don't want to think that -- or that they're going to let him turn into a callous slug.

I won't say anything else here because it would belong under the "Expose" spoiler thread, but I don't believe Sawyer was hitting on Sun. I'm pretty sure his dreams are still Kate-filled. B)

Since this episode has already taken place and this is not a spoiler, just speculation at this point, I think it's safe to post this here. During a scene from this episode, when Locke is in Ben's house, a painting of a woman can be seen on the wall. I'm wondering who this person is and how or if she'll play into the show in the future. Ben's mother maybe, since he said he's lived on the island all his life? Anyway, I found this shot of the portrait and, guess what...she's holding a HAMSTER! :lol: Whether this is important or just the producers messing with us (remember Ben's statement to Locke regarding their energy source: "right. We have two giant hamsters running in a wheel in our secret underground lair.") I don't know. But thought I'd post the photo here.

normaltalahasseecap575ib0.jpg

Also, someone on another site said that they thought she looked alot like Karen Degroot (in orientation videos)...I think she does too! So here are a couple of those photos as well. Remember, this is just speculation, not fact.

karendv8.jpgkaren2xc8.jpgpaintingma3.jpg

photos courtesy of ABC

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name