We Are Marshall

Rejuvenated

I was a teenager, living about 15 minutes from Huntington, WVa when the events that inspired this movie occured. I debated a long time about whether or not I wanted to see it because I wasn't sure it would be done well or give justice to those times. Because my family wanted to go, I relented. It was everything I could have imagined it should be and more. It was SO SO well done, not hokey at all. Sad but inspiring. Matthew McConaughey did a tremendous job with his role. There were moments that brought unexpected tears and moments that brought tremendous smiles. A great deal of the filming took place in Huntington, not on a set somewhere which really adds to the realism. I would especially recommend this film for any young athlete. A must see movie IMO.

The soundtrack will bring back memories for the late 40's early 50's crowd!!

My 19 yr old son went last night. He thinks it may be the best movie he's ever seen.

How can you go wrong with Matthew McConaughey in the film.

It's funny you should say that, he was one of the reasons I originally questioned seeing it. I love watching the guy too but was afraid he was too "cute" for a role like this and would distract from the whoel premise. I was so wrong, he did a beautiful job with a very serious topic.

• 8 months later...

My MIL actually does pilates with Matthew M's mom. Says she's quite the ....um... well, she's known in the neighborhood. <snickers>

Anyway, the movie was soooooo good. At first I was hesitant and thought "another football movie..." but I thought it was different.

I cried (or got teary-eyed) 5 times in the movie ...starting from 20 min. into it.

I was just happy to see anything with Matthew Fox (Jack from LOST).