Apocalypto

KingOfRealityTV

Sometimes they are closed for repairs or parts of the season... Or you didn't payoff the correct person!!!

The big temple at Chitza Nitza was open to climb a few years ago when I went and last year too...

And yes the view over the canopy jungle is amazing...

View down steps..

The_view_coming_down_pyramid.JPG

view from top..

Temple_of_1000_Pillars.JPG

• 1 month later...

I saw this movie about a month ago with a group of friends. My biggest proplem with this movie is i think mel likes to have torture in a lot of his movies and I would like to see a movie with less torture. I did love the gory action and it was a very graphic movie. There is clearly a cultural message going on in this movie when it comes too violence, war, and mans inhumanity to man. I was hoping i would get some allusion to the Mayan/Aztec as the predictions of 2012 in the New Age community are intresting but thats just what i was hoping to see. The film making of Apocalypto was very masterful. I especally loved the way the make up, prosthetics, tatoos and overall look of the movie. It is probally one of the most vivid and haunting movies I have ever seen. Though it contains some earthy humor this movie is not for the faithhearted. This movie is a adrenaline churner. Maybe Mel will reedeem himself in the public eye after this work. This movie is bound to be a Acadamy award contender.

• 4 months later...

If you liked this movie, or enjoy the time period/ history, read The People of the Wolf series. My husband turned me on to them and I have been dying for someone to try to make one into a movie. It's about early Americans. The writer are archiologiests (sp?). Highly recommended for summer reading!!

OMG...watched this twice yesterday..once alone and once with a friend...awesome movie..I plan to watch it again with my son this week...this is the first movie in ages I have watched more than once. Two Thumbs Up

• 2 months later...
OMG...watched this twice yesterday..once alone and once with a friend...awesome movie..I plan to watch it again with my son this week...this is the first movie in ages I have watched more than once. Two Thumbs Up

I watched it once, then I watched it with the comentary...It was even more awesome to hear how some of the actors were casted...for example, the little girl who predicts their doom did not speak English or Spanish, had never seen a car or eaten ice cream...never acted...one of the guys playing one of the Mayas speaks 4 or five languages...just amazing how some of the people acting in the movie had absolutely no acting experience, yet they were all so amazing and believable protraying their characters...I don't care how anyone feels about Mel Gibson as a person...when it comes to his craft...the guy is a genious!