Episode 1.12: Godsend

kayo

Airdate: January 22, 2007

• 12/04 - Claude, an invisible man played by British actor Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who), appears Jan. 22. "He's been living with his invisibility for many years and has come to grips with it, so he'll give us a different view into this hero world," [Tim] Kring explains. "He's big, imposing and charismatic, and will become a mentor to Peter

Thanks Jem! You're my hero! :)

Introducing Christopher Eccleston, soon to be known as Claude, the Invisible Man!

post-173-1165375380_thumb.jpg

Some may remember him from the movie 28 Days Later or as the ninth incarnation of Dr. Who from the BBC series.

• 2 weeks later...

12/18 - "When I was on the set this week, I noticed a big, fancy prison set, and Masi told me we

A new Heroes trailer has been posted on the NBC website! Just when we were all beginning to come down off of our Heroes withdrawals, they give us something to keep us hanging on in anticipation of the show's

Jan. 22nd return...YES! :)

HeroesJan22 trailer

It seems like he wants to be "cured"...what is he being injected with??? Ahh! Jan. 22 is too far away...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Airdate: January 22, 2007

• 12/18 - When I was on the set this week, I noticed a big, fancy prison set, and Masi told me we

Courtesy of Heroes_tv.com

Golden Globe nominee and star of NBC's Golden Globe-nominated drama "Heroes," Masi Oka, will be stopping by "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on January 3. Fans of the hit series won't have to wait until it returns on Monday, January 22 (9-10:00 pm EST/PST) to get a glimpse into the future as Oka bends time by bringing an exclusive clip from episode 12: "Godsend."

FOLLOWING PAINFUL REVELATIONS AND SHOCKING CHANGES, MANY

Only 15 days until episode 1x12, "Godsend"...Woo Hoo!!

And here are some spoiler photos showing us how Hiro might get his sword...?

heroesspoilers06cw8.jpg

heroesspoilers07ln6.jpg

heroesspoilers08ud9.jpg

:animated_wave: Thank you SO MUCH, Jem, for sending me the info on how to upload photos correctly...did I do it right?

Courtesy of TV Guide's Ask Ausiello:

* A female character is written off (possibly forever).

* Hiro has a run-in with a T-Rex.

* A major scene from the pilot gets reenacted.

* Christopher Eccleston makes his debut.

* An estranged couple patches things up.

* A hero's powers begin to diminish.

* There's an unexpected (and pretty frakkin' hilarious) reunion between two heroes.

• 2 weeks later...

Article courtesy of TV Guide: January 22-28 edition

Heroes' Next Chapter

by Michael Logan

Masi Oka is spending a night a the museum-along with the crew of Heroes, that is. The hit NBC show, gearing up for its big reutrn on January 22nd, has taken over the Natural History Museum in Los Angeles

for a sprawling sequence that will shoot into the wee hours of the morning. Oka's character, the time bending sci-fi gee Hiro Nakamura, will steal an ancient Japanese sword from a display case and zigzag his way through a crowd of patrons. he runs into the prehistoric-exhibition hall and spots a life-size model of a T. rex. Before making his escape, he can't resist having a quick joust with the beast.

The scene, prophesied in a painting by Isaac (Santiago Cabrera) in December's mid-season finale, is shot two different ways. First, Oka plays it seriously, raising his sword to the inanimate T. rex with the steely-eyed fierceness of a samurai warrior. Then he tries it for laughs, gooily whoosh-whooshing the weapon as if it's a light saber from Star Wars. Which works best? As the director and producers confer, Oka-the show's breakout star-turns confidently to them with the answer: "Funny is money." Everyone laughs. Everyone agrees.

Still, this is serious business. After a seven-week hiatus, Heroes now finds itself opposite a tough competitor- Fox's 24. ( :o Oh no...thats right, they'll be on at the same time!!) As a result, the return episode is packed with hot revelations, including more details of the dream in which Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) explodes and sets off a nuclear blast in Manhattan. Creator Tim Kring advises fans to watch closely: The sequence is peppered with hints of plot twists to come. "There are clues in the physical positioning of the characters, and the fact that Claire is seen in a cheerleading outfit," he notes. "The dream will alter and expand as the season progresses." Case in point: A new hero, Claude (Christopher Eccleston), has been added in the dream, laughing insanely from the sidelines.

Also this week, H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) confronts Mohinder (Sendhil Ramamurthy) and is the first to utter the show's new slogan "Are you on the list?" Matt (Greg Grunberg) will admit to his wife that he can hear thoughts, Niki (Ali Larter) displays a power we didn't know she had and -in a very trippy scene-Claire

(Hayden Panettiere) restages her notorious suicide leap from Episode 1. Expect renewed sparks between Isaac and Simone, the sultry art dealer played by Tawny Cypress. "Our story comes back around," says Cypress. "We are not done with each other. Love doesn't work that way."

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Heroes

by Angel Cohn

January 22, 2007: Who Needs God When You've Got Me?

I've never been much of a Niki supporter. I just thought that her story line never really fit, plus her power/curse whatever seems more annoying than cool. But tonight, Ali Larter really impressed me. I loved watching her flip back and forth between the devastated mother who just wants the freedom to be with her child and the vicious Jessica. I know that her lawyer thinks that a psych case would be a hard sell, but if he puts Niki on the stand and Jessica comes out to play, I think they'd have to buy it. Unless the jury despises bad-ass Jess and sends both her and Niki for a walk down the green mile.

The only part of the Niki sequence that I didn't love was having poor little Micah watch his mother get tossed around by police officers. His big puppy dog eyes just kill me. He's such a cutie and already has to deal with kids calling his mom a "psycho killer." At least DL is doing his best to care for him, even if the Linderman threat is still looming over his head. Linderman's henchman, Aaron Malsky, told DL, "You took something of his, and he reserves the right to let you make that up to him. Believe me, you'll be the first to find out when he chooses to call in that debt." Interesting. I just want to know if Mr. Malsky is on the list.

Speaking of that list, and the catchphrase that I'm already sick of, I find it very interesting that Horn-rimmed Glasses trekked all the way to New York to ask Mohinder for his help. I'm surprised that HRG and this mysterious "them" who he works for couldn't just steal Mohinder's computer, or force him to go against his will. But if HRG and co. don't know who is on Papa Suresh's list, then how have they been finding people like Eden and Matt all along? They must have some sort of clue. Or was that just based on the map that they had?

Anyway, HRG had a great moment with his daughter in the kitchen. (Special kudos to the editor who cut that scene with him at work using the glasses

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this episode...

I guess I was so hyped up for the show's return that I expected too much. Although I liked it, it didn't wow me as much as previous episodes. I loved the introduction to the invisible man, Hiro's adventures in the museum (along with his discovery of a possible samurai hero from the past) and his hilarious scenes with Nathan..."Flying man!!". And my interest in what Sylar is all about only grows with the fact that we find out he didn't escape and is now being kept in a drugged state by HRG. Which leaves some big questions- Why didn't he escape? Is he purposely staying there for a reason and could he actually escape if he wanted to? We weren't shown what happened right after he smashed through the glass to grab Eden and she killed herself so he wouldn't get her powers, so hopefully that will be revealed to viewers at a later time.

What I didn't like was the fact that the episode didn't give us more answered questions. Yes, Claire is pretending to forget. Yes, Matt is sure Sylar is at the paper company. Yes, Peter is still having visions of exploding (although now the invisible man is in the visions too). Yes, Suresh is still on the mission to find those on the list. Hiro and Ando are still on a mission to save the city from exploding. Nothing new. And my biggest dislike of the episode is all things Niki/Jessica. I am so unbelievably sick of her storyline and I thought the ending line "who needs God when you have me?" was pretty ludicrous. One can only hope that her character gets a lightning bolt zapped at her soon, because I'm ready for her to go out in a big way!

All this being said...I still ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW! I just think I was too excited and expected too much in one episode. So what do you think??

Courtesy of Kristin Veitch at EOnline:

Comments on Episode Twelve: "Godsend"

Nathan kissed Peter (and it was kinda hot). Niki and her alter ego seem to be having a lovers' quarrel over their son. And Hiro and Ando sure seem to be spending a whole lotta time together. Hmmm...

These are the juvenile places my mind took me while watching tonight's episode of Heroes, and I blame it on executive producer Jeph Loeb, who told me, "There are other gay characters on the show. We just haven't focused on it. It's not a power, it's just an element of a character."

Maybe so, but I'm still curious to know which characters Loeb is talking about, and whether we've already met them. (In case you hadn't heard, the initial plan to make Zach's character gay was later changed