Dancing With the Stars

Before the show ends and we all leave this thread for newer things, I just want to thank a few of the loyal posters in this forum who have made the season especially fun for me. I've looked forward to coming here after the show and seeing what everyone's opinion is. As Samantha would say, those of you who have made the season special are....."in no particular order"

Tarman, Katy, jersey, Marty, Slowpoke, Wishmish, Ivy, Lips, nawlins, Kayo and starbaby (where ever you are)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, we :wub: you too, Rejuv!!

Well shoot! How sweet! We still have a few more weeks, then we just have to wait till they start a new one.

Who would y'all like to see on the next round?

My kids like the show, but the really want to see Chuck Norris! Probably won't happen!

Rejuv... thanks for posting the thread.

It's been great knowing other Morty-ites are watching and dancing the dances right along with you.

- - - I can't think of anyone to suggest for the next 'go 'round'. They've had a token older male each time ... any suggestions for a token older female ????

Being a newbie to Morty's, I appreciated the kindness from everyone here...and their opinions on this show. DWTS is one of my favorite shows and it's fun to talk about.

Tom Selleck would be great fun to watch next season. Now that Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith from the NFL have done two seasons, it wouldn't surprise me to see another former player next year. Steve Young? Joe Montana? John Elway? They all have the personalities that would make fun watching. How about Tammy Faye Bakker for an older token female? She'd be a hoot and a holler.

I'm afraid that they might look for a basketball athlete, I'd be lost; don't know those guys.

Oooooo, what a luscious thought I just had. As much as I loath them, this just might be the show to eventually, someday in the distant future, turn into an "All-Stars" Edition.

Yes, thanks for the thread, Rejuv. I love that screen name - what a great word. To be rejuvenated is something I'd wish for everyone, every day.

Agree on Tom Selleck. How about David Duchovney (sp?) from X-Files?

Female -- maybe Bo Dereck?

How about Tammy Faye Bakker for an older token female? She'd be a hoot and a holler.

Hey she owe's me a bunch of money. Really though before my mother died Jim and Tammy Faye got a lot of my mother's money. $$$$ Lots.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to bump this thread to the top, and to say how much fun this season has been. I reallly appreciate that we can come here and gush ( ok, lust) over our favorites, and not get bashed for it. We can agree, disagree, and respect each other's opinions. So refreshing!

So thanks to all y'all, and thanks to ABC for the show. Thanks to all the stars who take it on. And congratulations to whoever wins.

• 3 weeks later...

I just heard on the radio the sarah ferguson will be on the show this next season.

LATEST: Former British royal SARAH FERGUSON has been offered the chance to appear on DANCING WITH THE STARS, after publicly announcing her desire to star on the US talent show.

The DUCHESS OF YORK spends a lot of time in the United States and has become an avid fan of the ABC show, which is inspired by the original BBC programme STRICTLY COME DANCING.

Dancing With The Stars producer CONRAD GREEN says, "Fergie will add a touch of class to the proceedings and the fans will be waiting to see if she falls for her dance partner. Everyone loves a royal romance and her presence will bring dazzling ratings.

"We like having a mixture and we've not had a duchess."

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Fergie, the Duchess of York, signs on for Dancing with the Stars 4

The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, will appear on ABC

AH_logo_100x30.jpg

Who's Ready To 'Dance'?

Sarah_Ferguson.jpg

Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson

LOS ANGELES, California -- Football superstar Emmitt Smith became the new "Dancing With the Stars" champ after his big season three win. But which stars are putting on their "Dancing" shoes for season four? "Access Hollywood" takes a look at some of the possibilities.

Maybe "Dancing With the Stars" needs a little royalty to spice things up. "Actually I think they should ask me to be on and teach me to tango," Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson told "Access Hollywood."

The Duchess' tango would certainly add a royal touch to season four. And don't be surprised if former teenage witch-turned-mom Melissa Joan Hart magically appears. "They have asked me the last two times but I was pregnant," she said. "But I want to do it!"

regis_kelly.jpg

Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa

Or perhaps the dance floor needs some morning show flavor. "They're looking for people for the next season. Would you do it?" Tim Vincent, "Access Hollywood" Correspondent, asked Kelly Ripa and Regis Philbin. "Absolutely," Reege said. "I insist on it!"

"You know we wouldn't be able to dance with each other," Kelly reminded him. "They would separate us." Regis replied, "I know. And it's a big mistake on their part."

And with Star Jones off "The View," she may have more time for the Paso Doble. Star's pal Vivica A. Fox sure likes the idea. "Star, you can do it! You guys haven't seen Star on the dance floor," Vivica told Access. "Mama can boogie!" Star joked with Fox, "You know what? You have lost your mind."

LeezaGibbons_testthenation2_240_001.jpg

Leeza Gibbons

The TV spot could however go to Leeza Gibbons, who was at several of the "Dancing With the Stars" tapings last season. Also spotted in the crowd last season was "The Young and the Restless" soap stud Joshua Morrow, who could easily fill the guy candy vacancy, as could "The Bold and The Beautiful's" Lorenzo Lamas.

And odds are good that slugger Jose Canseco, who has admitted he's been offered the sports star spot, could be swinging his hips this spring. Meanwhile, TV journalist Tucker Carlson joked about his possible replacements. "Dan Rather. Andy Rooney. I'm thinking of people who would make me look good," he laughed.

And "Access Hollywood's" Tony Potts did his best to convince Mario Lopez's "Saved By The Bell" pal Elizabeth Berkley to take advantage of her Stacy Keibler-esque gams. "Look, she has the legs. She could be on season four," Tony joked with Elizabeth.

berkley1.jpg

Elizabeth Berkley

"We'll see," she said. "You've got my first vote. How's that?" Tony said. "Ok, thank you," Elizabeth smiled. "You never know."

Stepping in to Drew Lachey's vacated boy-band spot from season three could be former *NSYNCer Joey Fatone. Joey has reportedly confirmed he will appear on next year's show, although ABC won't confirm or deny his participation.

As for two-time 'Dancing' champ Cheryl Burke, she's got her own dream partner in mind. "I would love George Clooney to come on the show," she revealed. "I know that won't happen, but I would love to dance with him."

"Dancing With the Stars" Season Four is scheduled to debut in March on ABC.

I agree. It should be a rule that whoever participates in DWTS can't already be in a current television show, especially a talk show. It would be too easy for the "hosts" to sway votes in their favor.

I just hope that whoever they pick has some sort of rhythm. I wouldn't think the Duchess, although quite attractive, would be able to "get down" with the best of them. But I could be wrong. Stranger things have happened.

I think I would enjoy seeing Fergie on DWTS she seems to enjoy whatever she is doing at the moment and is a breath of fresh air when I have seen her interviewed. I really think she would be a good choice because I do believe see would put out 110% to do good. As for Regis and Kelly I totally agree, while I love the talk show I dont' want to see them on DWTS for the same reason. I wish they would have an america votes people in type event for at least half the cast if not all of them.

I heard Susan Lucci from All My Children say she has been asked to participate each season and hasnt' been able to because of flying to LA twice a week..they would train in New York but she still couldnt' balance the flights twice a week. So it seems that the show is very accomadating to the stars as far as where the training takes place but the studio time in LA is a must so anyone with a busy show schedule couldn't possibly do the show unless they took time off from their current employment and I dont' see Regis and Kelly being able to both leave twice a week...JMHO

I wonder if they will hit up any reality show stars soon...I wouldnt' mind seeing Janelle, Amber and Rob, and maybe even Will.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name