Brothers & Sisters

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How funny was it when Nora got 'dressed up', and went to that party!

Senator McCallister lets me have hope one day we can have a real nice guy for a president. Yes, its only on TV!

Looking forward to next week when Rebecca and Joe have some kind of intimate moment! Personally, I can't stand Sarah, she is just too evil for my liking.

I like this show too. I do have some turn offs though -- I don't like Calista, and I don't like Holly. I'm not sure if for either, or both that it's the actress herself or the character she plays, but I don't like either one.

• 3 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Airing Sundays at 10 p.m. The series was renewed for a 2nd season.

04/05 - Episode 1.20 - Bad News [Airing April 29]: Nora is surprised she is genuinely enjoying dinner with Mark, especially after the odd way he asked her out. But her contentment ends when the waiter addresses him by name and she realizes he often brings dates to this restaurant. Source: SpoilerFix.com

04/05 - Episode 1.21 - Grapes of Wrath [Airing May 6]: Tommy and Holly's vineyard opens. Nora and Mark flirt. When Nora leaves, Holly kisses him. Source: SpoilerFix.com

04/10 - Episode 1.22 - Favorite Son [Airing May 13]: Justin refers to himself as the senator's future brother-in-law while visiting a military hospital with Robert. He's due to leave for Iraq in two weeks. Tommy and Julia meet their prematurely-born twins; Elizabeth and William. While Elizabeth is healthy, William was born with a kidney defect that only his sister could help him with if a transplant is required. The new parents face an impossible decision on a risky surgery. Rebecca wants to be a part of the Walker family, even though that hurts Holly. Regardless, Holly agrees to give Rebecca some of her trust money. A former control tower operator attempts to blackmail the Senator with a story contradicting Robert's war heroism. Kevin acts as his attorney. Source: SpoilerFix.com

04/26 - Episode 1.23 - Matriarchy (Season finale) [Airing May 20]: As Justin counts the days and hours until his return to active duty in the army and readies himself to go to war, he reaches out to everyone in the family individually, trying to spend time with all of them. Nora plans an engagement party for Kitty, who announces her plans to move out of the house. At the engagement party we meet more McCallister relatives and learn more about Saul's secret romantic life, as Sarah tries to come to terms with her marriage and where it

I am just so glad it was renewed. What a fantastic show. I think it is my very favorite. It beat out Grey's Anatomy that I think has lost their good story lines lately.

• 3 weeks later...

I just love this show. I love the love and the family. Makes me wish I had a loving disfunctional family like that growing up.

There is definitely going to be another season--it's been renewed.

Thank god...I can't imagine not watching that show every week. It's one of the best things that's come along in a long time.

I'm going to miss it over the summer!!

I wish there would be more new shows in that genre, and cut down on everything being a Reality show...

This show has something for everyone. Yes the summer will not be the same without our favorite shows.

I guess this summer it is BB all day ~ all the time. LOL

As a Mom of premature twins, the episode before the finale was really emotional for me. I think I cried the entire episode. It was very well written and acted.

I love love loved the finale. The end was wonderful. I cried my eyes out with Justin's leaving, then I laughed with tears at the end in the pool. I will miss the show too.

The only thing that seemed amiss to me was Saul. With that wonderful, liberal family, I'm not quite understanding why he would hide that he's gay, or hide having had a gay relationship. Guess I'll just have to wait for next season. In the meantime, I'll be watching all over again in the reruns. :)

I watched the first 4 eppys and now have the rest of the season to watch. I really liked what I saw. I still have to watch LOST and I fear I'm not going to make it before BB starts. :disappointed:

• 3 months later...

I am more than a little excited.

This has been one of my all-time favorite shows. I've watched every episode from the opening one (sometimes taped).

It's an absolutely great dramatic series..reminiscent of the style of earlier dramas.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Brothers and Sisters

by Rhoda Charles

The War At Home

Episode Recap: "Home Front"

As Brothers and Sisters jumps into its second season, it's nice to see that the neurotic and argumentative Walkers are still just that. The little quirks that made us love them last year are all back in full force. They talk over one another, pick at each other, hold mini-grudges against each other, get drunk together and they worry about each other. Tonight it was the worrying that was at the crux of the show.

Justin, still on active duty in Iraq, has not been in touch for 21 days. Is he okay? Is he injured . . . or worse? Starting the show off with Nora recording a video message to her son was an effective way of catching us up with the family and keeping Justin's off-screen character as much a part of the show as the rest of the family. One of my favorite moments was just after Nora signed off and her game face immediately reverted back to the mask of concern that we know she's been wearing since that tearful airport good-bye in last season's finale. There's no wondering in my book why Sally Field won the Emmy.

The whole family is concerned about their baby brother, but life goes on. It's Kitty's birthday and she has come home from campaigning with the senator to not celebrate. Of course, this means there's going to be a party thrown by none other than Rebecca, the interloper in the family as far as Kitty's concerned. That's no surprise, however, since Kitty is constantly surly. For some reason, Kitty feels it's her prerogative to be flat-out rude to Rebecca. Granted, the girl is living in Kitty's room. Can someone explain that? The Walker manse is expansive and we know, since Kitty slept on its hard mattress, that they have a guest room. And Rebecca has a mother! Sure, they had a spat about Rebecca's "tryst" with Joe, but I find it hard to believe that the strong-willed Holly would just let that situation continue for three months.

It could be that Holly is biding her time, since she has more or less absconded with Tommy. Tit for tat. I doubt it though, since she and Nora are building their own friendship. Awkward as it may be to find your husband's mistress one step and a giant flower arrangement ahead of you when visiting your dead husband's grave, it was a nice moment to see them both get their backs up as they suspected an approaching busty brunette of being yet another woman in William's life.

The question, as Tommy so appropriately raised, is this: "Are we over hating Holly yet?" It certainly seems like the writers want us to lose some of that distaste that she engendered last season, but I'm just not sure that we've seen the last of Holly's vindictive side yet. Who knows? If Holly becomes the woman scorned again now that Saul is trying not to make eyes at Milo, Holly may just bare her fangs once more. Before you hit "submit" on your comment . . . I know that these two have put their burgeoning relationship to bed, but still, I'm sure Holly would like Saul to pine for her just a mite bit longer before moving on.

Speaking of pining, we have Tommy's wife, who has been mourning the loss of their baby son, William. She doesn't want to be around her rambunctious in-laws. Understandable. But when word comes that Justin's unit was hit by a roadside bomb, she puts aside her grief to be there for the family. That's great. Maybe next week I'll remember her name.

So yes, after endless worrying about Justin's lack of communication and arguing with Kitty over not asking the senator to use his connections to get news about her son, the senator broke with his ethics and pulled some strings. He informed the family that Justin was fine and was returning from a mission and would be in touch soon. Two minutes later