Who Takes Home the Trophy

Tonight we'll know who the semifinalists are, I hope there are no big surprises (aka Emmitt better be here next week). Conventional wisdom says Monique is history. Assuming that's so we have the three guys: Emmitt, Joey and Mario.

If past history with show tells us anything, we would assume Mario doesn't win. He has obviously been everyone's little Latin Darling the whole season. But then, John O'Hurley and Stacey Keibler were the favs in their season also. Stacey got the boot during the semi's; O'Hurley got blindsided by Miss Monaco.

It could end up being Monique and two guys, Mario and Emmitt. I say this because I just don't think Joey has the same fan base as M & E. IF that happens, Monique might have one more week.

In season one, they seemed to go with Kellie because she showed the most improvement (score 1 for Emmitt); last season Drew was just good good good! without being the sexpot Mario is and they didn't have to push it any further by implying a love match between Drew and Cheryl as they are with Karina and Mario (score another point for Emmitt). The judges friggin love Mario and would give him a 10 for just standing there flashing his dimples (score big time for Mario). Factor in the fan votes and all of this means nothing.

In a perfect world, this is what I would like to see. Shock the world and send Mario out tonight. Next week, bye bye Joey. Monique and Emmitt to the finish line. WooHooooo! Emmitt wins.

That's my totally unbiased assessment of how to hand Emmitt the trophy, anyone else have an idea to share?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do think Monique is gone tonight. I didn't like her first dance at all, and please throw away that black lipstick!

I wouldn't mind if she stayed. As long as Emmit is there, it's all good!

Since this show is as much about the fans favorites, as the judges scoring, I think it's totally conceivable that Emmit could win. His scores have been right up there, and he's such a pleasure to watch.

Mario is hot hot hot, but personallly, I'm sick of their bickering, when they show them practicing. Just seems staged to me. Eh-- I can't help it -- he's just too slick. A cad!

I really like Joey. I would like to see him and Emmit in the final 2.

Well, I do think Monique is gone tonight. I didn't like her first dance at all, and please throw away that black lipstick!

That was the first thing I thought too when I saw her. I'm sure she did it in honor of Halloween, but geez it looked bad.

The problem with Monique is that doesn't always look as feminine as the rest of the girls. Her moves are so agressive, it almost looks like she's leading half the time. I just think she's trying too hard and losing the gracefulness the judges are looking for.

I think Joey has done really well but the star of their show is Edyta. He just doesn't seem to have the charisma that Emmitt and Mario have.

Emmitt is as smooth as silk, charming and charismatic. I must say I love his grin. He moves very well and seems to have a lot of fun on the dance floor. I felt his footwork was lacking in his last dance. I still enjoy watching him though. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if he came away with the trophy.

Now to my favorite. I think Mario has danced his way into another category. He is a bad boy but his dancing has been exceptional. I'm not grading him on his personality because honestly, if that were the case, I'd be turned off too. He has worked hard to get past his errors at the beginning and start following the rules. I enjoy his performances and I think the judges were accurate in their assessment of the routines.

I am sorry with Monica I just can't get past that "crumping" she did a few weeks ago. Just made her look so masculine and uncontrolled.

I thought she did pretty good last night but it is time for her to go.

I must of missed the crumping everyone is mentioning..what week was it so I can go look at youtube, does anyone remember?

I would love to see Emmitt win.

I agree with Mario being a cad I keep thinking of him marrying the doritos girl and cheating on her like right after the wedding...gossip or truth it turned me off on him big time.

I agreee the black lipstick was horrible.

I think the whole crumping thing was a couple of weeks ago. When the did the little pre-dance segment that showed what they did during the week, there was some street clown who "krumps" that came to the studio to work with Monique. She seemed to know who or what the guy was all about. I'm way out of the loop on that kind of thing.

I'm exactly in line with catwishes thoughts. I'm trying to put aside my feelings on whose personality I like the best and just focus on their dancing. When I do that, Mario wins hands down. He is by far the best dancer of the four, no doubt about it. My gut says it will be Mario and Emmitt in the final two- Emmitt has the likeabilityand HUGE fan base, and Mario, well, Mario has the undeniable talent.

Now that being said, there is always the possibility of a Mario backlash which gets him booted, but I'm hoping not. I want to see the finale with the absolute best dancers performing their feet off- not just a popularity contest. I'm rooting for a Emmitt/Mario finale battle, but would also be ok with a Mario/Joey battle as well.

Three Superbowl wins

Three MVP awards in ONE year

College Football Hall of Fame

Heissman Trophy Nominee

I think his trophy case needs a little variety, don't you?

Go Emmit !!!!

Who's the best dancer? I don't know-- not a professional, and don't always understand what they're talking about. But this show is not a professional dance competition, so the 'best dancer' might not win.

Some people vote based on pure dancing ability, but I think most vote for whoever they enjoy the most. Which is why I think Emmit and Mario will be the top 2.

For the record -- I don't ever vote. I really don't care that much who wins -- I'm just glad the show it on. It's a pleasure to watch.

Can I just add that Tom Bergeron (sp) is the perfect host for this show. His comments always crack me up, and he keeps a light-hearted attitude in the atmosphere. He doesn't try to make this like it's some serious do or die competition. It's just entertainment-- and seems to be a great experience for all involved, no matter how far they get in the competition.

I also think Monique will be leaving tonight, but it's not inconceivable that Joey could go.

If Mario leaves I think Bruno will break down in tears. It's gotten ridiculous to the point where he starts yelling at Len whenever Len dares to criticize his golden boy.

Ivy, I second your opinion of Tom Bergeron. At first, he used to bug me but he really has grown on me with his funny comments and dry humor! I'm not crazy about what's-her-name, his co-host, however. Who in the heck is she anyway?

:D good one, rejuv...seriously though, does he even need her?

He probably doesn't need her, but she's pretty. Her questions are dumb, but she's pretty. I guess she's there because she's pretty. :) If I remember correctly, didn't she do a dance last season just for fun? I think she was pretty good, too. Perhaps Tom Bergeron can be a celebrity dance contestant next season. ha! That would be fun to watch.

I really think Mario is going to win the whole shebang, but I hope Emmitt gives him a run for his money. Cheryl said in her unaired confessional that they'll put a lot of his hip action into their next dances since the judges seem to like it. (The judges aren't the only ones who like it. ;)

It is truly ladies' night isn't it! Of course, the men get to watch all the beautiful women professionals, so I don't feel too sorry for them.

I'm not even sure what it actually means to do this, but whe Rejuv said Emmit, and flutter-butt before, I think it made me swoon!

Lordy!!!!!

Mario is a hair away from being a professional Ballroom Dancer.

Joey has given it his all and would probably take 1st place in previous shows.

BUT.... There's Something About Emmitt :wub:

Oh, What A Night is was ....... it really was

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name