A Prairie Home Companion

Talker

This is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time! I listened to Ebert's review he said it was a movie you just wanted to cuddle with, and I couldnt agree more. it is such a delightful film. The ensamble is fantastic. Streep and Lily tomlin both derserve Oscar nods. And I had no idea Streep could SING! "My Mississippi Home" is fantastic

to watch the song

Anyone else see it?

I'll definitely have to rent it- thanks for the recommendation! I love just about anything that Meryl Streep is in. She's one of my absolute favorite actresses. :)

• 1 month later...

I love Lily Tomlin. I love Meryl Streep. I love Kevin Kline. Except for Lindsay Lohan, I love every single actor in this movie, yet. . . . . . . I HATED THE MOVIE. It had everything I would want in a movie, good actors, Robert Altman directing, Garrison Keillor's writing. It was boring and had a stupid plot line with what seemed like a last minute mish mosh of an angel thrown in. Probably the biggest disappointment I've felt about a movie all year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good grief! You saw it three times? You poor thing...I finally rented it and one time was all I could barely stomach! My husband went to bed about 2/3 of the way through, although he never was a Prairie Home Companion fan like me. I really wanted to like it- especially with one of my favorite actresses, Meryl Streep, in it, but :sleep1: . ...what was with the angel anyway? Weird.

I must say this was the biggest disappointment. I tried so hard to watch but never got past the halfway point. Did they know the movie was going to be this bad so they just threw a bunch of big names together and hoped for an audience....that's what I think happened...lol