SPOILER: Prison Break

Guest ranster627

SPOILER ALERT... HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

07/30 - Episode 2.05 - Map 1213: One of the President's agents, named Bill Kim, is sent unanounced to Fox River in order to check up on the investigation's progress. Kellerman particularly likes Kim for his way of working. Kim is especially interested in Sara's whereabouts and her contacts. Sucre, who is in Las Vegas, finds the chapel where Maricruz is set to wed Hector. Maricruz's sister Theresa promises to have her sister and Sucre meet, however, she decides to call the police instead.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Prison Boss Reveals Plans for MIA Prez

As part of today's Insider Q&A, Prison Break creator Paul T. Scheuring confirms the show's plan to accommodate Patricia Wettig's commitment to ABC's Brothers & Sisters. "She's a known face and she played a very significant role [as veep-turned-president Caroline Reynolds] in Season 1, [so] we're not going to recast," he says. "Our approach to that is kind of what we did with Rockmond Dunbar [who a year ago was committed to Head Cases]. We kind of said, 'Let's see how that bears out,' and all of a sudden C-note shows up again in Episode 8. That's our approach to Patty."

Posted by Matt Mitovich 08/8/2006 10:20 AM

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Prison Break DVD News, Season 2 Preview!

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060808insider1.jpg

Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell, Prison Break

Fans of Fox's Prison Break can revisit Michael's bold breakout via the Season 1 DVD set, in stores today and featuring commentary from creator Paul T. Scheuring and from some of the series' cast and crew, and extras such as an inside look at "the inside" of Fox River. TVGuide.com seized this opportunity to talk with Scheuring about prime time's great escape and the can't-miss manhunt ahead for Season 2.

TVGuide.com: As you watched Season 1 again and recorded your commentary, did you come to any new realizations

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

A Close Shave for Prison Break's Tweener

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060821insider2.jpg

Lane Garrison, Prison Break

Starting tonight at 8 pm/ET, the Prison Break on Fox continues, as the second season sends Michael, Lincoln and the rest of the at-large Fox River 8 running from the bulls and dogs, and heading for, hopefully, freedom. Among the fugitives is Tweener, played by Lane Garrison, who, alas, can't escape the heat in Texas, where the drama is now filming.

TVGuide.com: How are you, Lane?

Lane Garrison: I'm in 158-degree weather in Decatur, Texas, but other than that I'm awesome! Global warming is a good thing.

TVGuide.com: Do you know who I just off the phone with? Paul Scheuring [Prison Break's creator].

Garrison: He is the man. He's a really talented writer and a great guy.

TVGuide.com: I told him I was a little iffy on talking to you because I wasn't sure if Tweener was still a part of the big picture. But Paul set me straight. He said, "[Tweener] has his own ambitions, and he is going to get out there in the world and meet some new people and develop some relationships."

Garrison: That is very true. Yes, I have been meeting new characters. I even have a love interest, which is interesting. Paul's going back to the more fun side of Tweener. When he first entered the prison, he was sort of comedic relief, and we were such a heavy show it was nice to have a laugh every now and then. So we're trying to find that balance again, of knowing that you're on the run but [still feeling like], "Let's have some fun with being young and free and rediscovering yourself on the open road."

TVGuide.com: Where do we first see Tweener?

Garrison: You're going to first see him at a bus station, where he surfaces with a totally new look. He starts his thievery again; sort of like swiping the [Fox River guard's] watch, but this time I'll be stealing a wallet, cash.... We bring that talent back as he maneuvers his way from the prison all the way back to Utah. He heard the old man say there was $5 million buried in Utah, so....

TVGuide.com: To date, in anything you've filmed, has Tweener crossed paths with any of the other escapees?

Garrison: It's funny you ask that because we're about to film that scene. We're in this tiny town, Decatur, that's going to pose for Toole, Utah. This is when he first comes into contact with the individual he [met first] at the prison

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Prison Break

by Angel Cohn

August 21, 2006: Eight Men Out

First things first: I should say upfront that I've been more than a little skeptical about how this manhunt premise would work, and while I enjoyed tonight's season premiere I've still got some concerns. That said, I was delighted to see that they finally got rid of Veronica. She drove me crazy all last season with her tendency to put herself in perilous situations

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

08/25 - Episode 2.03 - Scan [Airing September 4]: Michael and Lincoln experience car trouble as Mahone's pursuit of them goes up in flames; Sucre hits the road to stop Maricruz from taking a gamble; C-Note is determined to reunite with his wife and daughter despite their surveillance; a familiar face keeps a close eye on Sara, who finds the tables turned on her; determined to cash in on the prison break, Bellick partners with an unlikely ally. Source: FOX

08/19 - Episode 2.06: T-Bag is in the house of a woman named Jeannette, who serves him liquored lemonade. As they share stories, T-Bag starts working his charm on her only to be scorned when she asks him for help to get another man in her bed. It seems the gang, which includes Michael and Sucre, is pretending to be construction workers working on Jeanette's house. Why are they there for? Things go sour when Jeannette's daughter, Ann, appears.

Oh wow... :) I am so glad this show is back. I am not sure what to think about this new investigator yet. And I couldn't believe Bellick wanted to put a gun in his mouth like that ..

Now of course, I am wondering if Succre really drives off a cliff, or if one of them just got rid of their car that way to make it look like they died.

Hmmm.

Prison Break

August 28, 2006: Utah, Here We Come

My boss Dan has been griping on the podcast about the fact that the escapees don't seem to realize that Utah is a decent-sized state and not just a small city. Proven tonight by Tweener, who asked for a ticket to Utah, and T-Bag who asked OnStar for directions to Utah. I say they aren't the brightest bulbs, so I'm willing to let it slide... for now.

One weird little quibble that I have (and I never thought I'd use these words) is that Wentworth Miller kind of looked like Forrest Gump sitting on that park bench with that light-colored suit. Still love him, though.

Little complaints aside, I did like tonight's episode much better than last week's premiere. It really focused on the good stuff, the guys on the run. Sucre, C-Note and Abruzzi all took off in one direction while Michael and Lincoln went on a wild attempt to free LJ. Nice that after all this, Lincoln kindly told his brother, "If this thing doesn't work out and you end up going back to Fox River, I ain't comin' to get you." I think he was trying to be funny... it is kind of hard to tell with him.

T-Bag killed the nice doctor who had stitched him back up. For a while my dad (who was watching with me) and I were convinced that the doc was just playing dead. I guess we forgot who we were dealing with.

I am really liking William Fichtner as Mahone, he's such a good match for Scofield, but can someone explain to me why he was staring at the birdbath?

Then there is Bellick. He got fired, and Pope (who trashed his Taj Mahal) quit. Guess we won't be spending any time in the prison walls this season. I almost felt bad for Bellick. He lives at home with his mom, he's a recovering addict and he's been working the jail block since he was 18 years old. His mother had great timing, telling him about the rewards for the escaped cons just as he was about to kill himself. Guess Bellick is going on a manhunt now.

So lots of good stuff, which has me more optimistic than I was last week.

Posted by: Angel Cohn 08/29/2006 8:37 AM

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

08/27 - Episode 2.08 - Dead Fall: Agent Mahone gets a new adversary in Richard Sullins, an Internal Affairs agent put on the convicts trail. Mahone is not pleased to see Sullins arrive, especially since he had to be pulled away from the manhunt to meet the IA agent. Sullins asks Mahone tons of questions about how a prisoner Mahone had handcuffed in his car got away.

Prison Break

by Angel Cohn

September 5, 2006: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

Hands down the best part of tonight's episode was Bellick threatening Sucre's cousin until he "sang" with details about where the boys were going. How the cousin knew that Michael would get help from his "wife" is beyond me, since even she seemed surprised to be helping Mike and Lincoln. Speaking of which, who knew that cayenne pepper would help cauterize wounds? I'm so packing that in my emergency medical kit, though I doubt that my pain tolerance is as high as Linc's.

The other cool part of the night was Agent Paul showing up on orders from the now-president to follow Sarah. That's actually an interesting development. I also enjoyed the scene where Dr. Tancredi's pop basically disowned her in order to gain ground politically. Doubt she'll be sending him a Father's Day card this year. But is it wrong that I can almost see his point? He's trying to further his career, but he's got a former junkie daughter whom he put through med school, and who then committed a crime by helping eight men escape from jail. Sure, he's not perfect, but I can't blame him for being a little bit peeved.

Now that I've said what I liked, I feel it only fair to warn you that the rest of this post will probably be filled with me ranting. But I gripe out of love and hope that as the season goes along, either my complaints get resolved or there is enough really cool stuff to keep my mind off the smaller details.

First off, Sucre. I've got so many problems with his story line. I think that Ohio is much more than a day away from New York City by car, and I'm having a hard time believing that he just happened to hop a freight train that was heading to NYC. Also, if his friend is so cautious about his motorcycle, wouldn't he lock it up somehow? Bed-Sty isn't a part of town where you'd leave a classic bike unattended; actually, that's probably the case in most parts of the city. And if he got to NYC presumably on Friday (since he called from Ohio on Thursday), does he really think he's going to make it to Vegas by Saturday? I just Mapquested, and it should take approximately 37 hours. I think Maricruz will be Mrs. Not-Sucre by then. (In fairness, I looked up Ohio to NYC, and it's only about 10 hours, so it is possible that if he first called early Thursday, he could have gotten there Thursday night or first thing Friday morning since it was light out. Still, it's unlikely that he could make it to Vegas in time.) What I'd really like to see on this show is a clock that shows how long they've been out of prison... even if it was just like Day 2 or Day 12 and not hour specific. With all these people all over the place, it's a little hard to keep up.

I'm betting that C-Note is going to be the first one back in the brink. His wife seems to be scheming against him, and he seems oblivious of it. But could he really hide behind that pole at his daughter's school without anyone coming over to check whom she was talking to? I guess this isn't implausible so much as horrifying to think that kids could be talking to strangers, and no one would take notice.

Then there is Michael and Lincoln's ridiculous car explosion. Mahone seems like a smart guy, is he really going to believe that these criminals just happened to drive off a perfectly clear road, and their car just happened to explode even though it wasn't that far of a drop? That was a big explosion; he's got to suspect that something is up. Also, that was a huge, huge explosion; it seems improbable to me that Lincoln got away scot-free considering he just got shot in the leg. And the bags of blood that Michael had hidden in the car, were they there the whole time he was incarcerated? Because while I'm not a medical expert, I'd think that even encased in plastic, blood would start to smell after a while. That's just my guess. And did no one notice the brothers climbing the hill? I know that they were distracted, but when Mahone was popping his pills, he didn't catch them in his periphery vision? Oh, and my last thing, Michael picked the weirdest alias on his passport. I'd think if I were trying to get out of the country without arousing suspicion, I'd go for a more generic name than Phinneas. No offense to anyone with that name, I actually like it for general purposes, but for rolling under the radar on a trip to Mexico, it's something that I think a border-patrol person might remember.

So I know that I'll probably get a million posts saying that I'm being too nitpicky and I'm sure that I am. But I love this show and I'm willing to suspend disbelief about many things (I barely raised an eyebrow over T-Bag's hand reattachment), but tonight it just seemed like I had to suspend disbelief about everything. And there was no Tweener or T-Bag, my two current faves, which was disappointing. But the teaser for next week looked good, so here's hoping it was just an off night.

Posted by Angel Cohn 09/4/2006 9:59 PM

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Prison Break

by Angel Cohn

September 11, 2006: My Dogs Are Kinda Barking

I actually tried really hard tonight to ignore all the implausible details and just watch; I was mostly successful. I'm still baffled by the fact that the feds can retrieve information from a hard drive that has been at the bottom of the lake for weeks, while I can't get old files off a dead hard drive that's been comfortably inside my house for its entire existence.

Aside from that, I enjoyed tonight's episode. I did see Abruzzi's suicide/murder coming a mile away. The foreshadowing was more than a little heavy-handed. Abruzzi told his wife that he'd rather die than go back to prison, and then she gave him a crucifix and told him to focus on his family. The mob boss who broke out of jail to get Fibonacci ? there was no way he was going to let that one go. I'm still not sure who turned him in, but I'm not entirely sure I care. I did like Abruzzi, and the cleaned-up version was even better, but I can understand that his character wasn't really exciting material for a manhunt.

The writers did get me with their misdirection, though. I knew Abruzzi was a goner, but wasn't sure if it was the feds or the other mobsters who were going to get him. I did think that the feds were going to get sweet little Tweener, though. Not sure why I suddenly like him, but I do. He had one of my favorite lines of the episode: "I just need a little tequila to get my karaoke on." Cute, and him singing had me chuckling.

T-Bag, on the other hand, skeeved me out as usual. When he befriended the 14-year-old Dani and then put his arm around her, my skin started to crawl. Ick. Then he apparently offed her dad. He's just racking up those murders now that he's out of jail. But at least they sort of dealt with the issue of his reattached hand. I'm glad that it isn't entirely working properly; that makes at least a little more sense. How the scrawny little T-Bag is able to overtake men twice his size in better health is still beyond me. Next time I want to see that on screen, since they always seem to cut those crucial bits.

Then there were Bellick and Geary, who tried to run Michael, Nika and Lincoln off the road so that they could find the Utah stash. (The fact that Bellick got info on Westmoreland's dough from Manche and not the tip about following Michael's wife makes so much more sense.) Loved that Nika manipulated Bellick with her feminine wiles, but the best was when Geary returned with the tires and saw his cohort tied up while the convicts were free: "You really suck, Bellick, you know that?"

I hope that Bellick's quest is just mildly delayed by this setback and not snuffed out entirely. He really had some fun dialogue tonight:

"All they had to do was tail the tail."

"That's one pissed-off commie you got on your hands there."

"For all the aggravation, I hope you got to hit that a few times, Scofield."

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and I'll put you in the ground."

Also, is Dr. Tancredi crushing on evil Paul/Lance? That's not good. Did you see the way his eyes lit up when she mentioned the name Michael? He's not to be trusted. And I almost felt bad for Nika when Michael was on the phone with Sarah. Even if it is a marriage of convenience, it still has to sting a bit when your spouse is in love with someone else. Don't know if wielding a gun is the proper way to say I love you, but at least she's got spirit.

Posted by Angel Cohn 09/11/06 10:49 PM

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Prison Break Star: "Another Death Is Coming"

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060918interview2a.jpg

Amaury Nolasco, Prison Break

When last we saw Prison Break's Sucre, he was a man on a mission, having liberated his pal's motorcycle for a high-speed jaunt to Vegas, where longtime honey is about to wed his rival. Will the outcome of this endeavor turn Sucre sour? TVGuide.com spoke with his portrayer, Amaury Nolasco, about the dark days ahead. Plus, which of the Fox River 8 will die next?

TVGuide.com: Now, when I spoke to Lane [Garrison, Tweener], he told me that you were among those most surprised by the Dallas heat.

Amaury Nolasco: [Laughs] What's funny is that I'm from Puerto Rico, so when they told me, "Careful with that Texas heat," I said, "Pfft, how bad can it get?" It's cooling down now to the weather I'm used to

Prison Break

by Angel Cohn

September 18, 2006: An In-Be-Tweener

I'm seriously hoping that tonight's episode was just a necessary setup installment that will lead to some cool showdown or something exciting next week because frankly, I was a little underwhelmed.

We did, however, learn a few things:

-- C-Note is willing to jump out of a moving train in order to flee cops.

-- Mahone has an anxiety disorder that causes him to shake. He's also got a secret that keeps him from getting a prescription the old-fashioned way, via a doctor.

-- Good girls love bad boys. This isn't news, but that sweet little gal from Utah so tried to cover for the suddenly sexy Tweener.

-- Mahone sees something in birdbaths. I don't know what, but there's something there in that reflection.

-- If you are going to bury five million bucks, a more detailed treasure map would be helpful. Maybe something topographic.

-- T-Bag was able to outsmart Michael and Lincoln. Michael's supposed to be a genius, right? He really doesn't understand people, especially not creepy guys like T-Bag. Loved T-Bag's sarcastic, "I'd have tattooed it to my body, but I didn't have the time."

-- Paul/Lance is willing to pretend to be gay in order to get access to Sara's apartment.

-- The number that Michael sent to Sara had been out of service for 17 years. Is that number a code, not a phone?

-- Sucre's cousin Hector is an ass. He tried to turn his family in, in order to marry Maricruz.

-- Not everyone is oblivious to the news. The garden-store owner figured out Tweener and Michael within minutes.

-- Someone may actually still care about the conspiracy. More surprising is that it is the governor who's more than a little curious to find out what he's gotten himself into.

So, there's some information, but nothing that was so fabulous. I knew that there had to be a twist where there was an issue with the silo, so having them come up over that hill and see a development wasn't really a shocker. Can't wait to see how they get out of this one... and how much longer are they going to leave Tweener in the trunk?

I too was very underwhelmed with this episode and the season so far, in general.

I mean c'mon...Tweener got the absolute CRAP beaten out of him and then he's able to walk away with Linc and Michael. And I guess it's going to continue to be Super T-Bag all the way...what one puny guy who has his arm chopped off and then sewn back on again by a veterinarian can do, according to the show, absolutely amazes me.

I dunno, I guess I'm wondering where the whole show is going and am beginning to not care. How long can they remain on the run and make the show interesting enough to keep watching? If it weren't for Wentworth Miller, I would have already thrown in the towel.

Oh, and what is with Mahone's birdbath fixation anyway? Is there a secret message spelled out in bird poop or something? <_<

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILEFIX

09/18 - Episode 2.07 - Buried [Airing October 2]: The guys are still at Jeannette's house where they hold her and Ann hostage while they keep digging to find Wesmorland's money. LJ gets a visitor and Sara's father gets bad news.

08/27 - Episode 2.08 - Dead Fall: Agent Mahone gets a new adversary in Richard Sullins, an Internal Affairs agent put on the convicts trail. Mahone is not pleased to see Sullins arrive, especially since he had to be pulled away from the manhunt to meet the IA agent. Sullins asks Mahone tons of questions about how a prisoner Mahone had handcuffed in his car got away.

09/11 - Episode 2.09 - Unearthed: Agent Mahone's ex-wife Pam (played by Callie Thorne) surfaces when Michael drops by her house to do a background check on Mahone. She still doesn't really know why she and Mahone parted ways years ago after his behavior changed dramatically and suddendly. We see flashes of Mahone doing a press conference about a dead escapee.

09/21 - Episode 2.10: Sucre is waiting for Maricruz to call him from Theresa's house but he can't get to the phone at the planned time. Later, Theresa and Maricruz are at the airport where they are set to take a plane to Belize.

I never thought they could make a show interesting about a prison break that you knew would eventually happen no matter how many close calls there were .. but they did.

I have faith they'll make this manhunt interesting too. I think the bird feeder thing is just one of many cryptic messages that they try to ladden the show with to give the show a higher level .. than just a bunch of cons on the run.

I personally thought the bird feeder bit was a little too x-files-ish .. in it's effort to make us sense this 'truth' is out there .. it was laid on too thick that this guy was smart.

But I for one am just gonna sit back and watch the show.

B)

No kidding! After the scene with T-bag and ho-woman, I felt like taking a shower just to wash off the filth! Yuck, that guy gives me the absolute CREEPS! And that thing he does with his tongue....TRIPLE CREEPY.

One can only hope that he is the escapee that gets shot next week...I am so ready for him to be gone.

Prison Break

by Angel Cohn

September 25, 2006: Things Have Gone Haywire

Haywire's back! I was beginning to think that he'd been forgotten, considering that all the other escapees are working towards the same destination. Apparently, though, Mahone couldn't care less about him, and pawns him off on local authorities. I dunno, you'd think there must be a spare FBI agent or two to go look into the sudden appearance of someone who isn't altogether sane. Who knows what he could do? That said, I didn't think for a second that he'd actually hurt the blind old lady. (Clearly, they are liberally borrowing the plot from Frankenstein. First he scares a small girl ? didn't kill her but stole her bike ? and then he runs into a blind person who befriends him.) Now it looks like he's heading to an isolated place to escape the world's unkindness. At least he picked Holland instead of a frozen wasteland. I just can't help but wonder if he'll eventually go after the person who made him, or freed him, aka Michael, or his family. Whatever, I'm still glad to have him back. His kind of crazy creepy is a nice balance with T-Bag's really sick creepy. T-Bag is just sending bad chills down my side with his icky comments: "Whiskey always makes me feel irascible." "What is that old chestnut? I can look at the menu, doesn't mean I'm gonna eat." "I'm sorry I'm not Rainman over here." Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he claim to have a photographic memory last week before he swallowed their only map? Perhaps he could have at least posted it on Europeangoldfinch.net first. I mean, that's where all the cool escaped criminals hang out and blog about their next moves. Just like Michael to think ahead and create a website for his ragtag gang of convicts. Seriously, isn't that just a clue waiting for Mahone to find it? I'm sure he'd be able to crack their thinly veiled clues to their destination. He already tracked them to Tooele, and captured Tweener (that Mahone can sure run). I guess the big question is whether Tweener cracked under the pressure or whether that desperate housewife got the nerve to call the cops. (Was she reapplying her lipstick because she'd done something with T-Bag to mess it up? Ewww, I don't really want to think about it.) I'd like to think that Tweener has learned his lesson about squealing, but there's a chance that if threatened he'd give in. I'm honestly a little sad because the young David was starting to grow on me this season and I'm guessing once he's back behind bars he won't be seen again. Sigh.

A couple of things I did like about this episode: Michael going back to his methodical logic skills, trying to deduce where the silo would have been before the housing development; Sara's dad finally getting a backbone and getting curious about the presidential conspiracy; and more of those swans showing up in Sara's mail with clues. Sara and Michael may reunite before all is said and done, though if Paul/Lance has his way, he'll be right beside her in order to win back the president's favor. Overall, I felt that this week the pacing picked up a bit, and it was just more fun.

Posted by Angel Cohn 09/26/06 12:48 AM

Wow- that Mahone is one wacked-out dude. Poor Tweener, he didn't see that one coming. And how is Sara going to get away? I'm actually finding this show interesting again! But I still say that this show is a 2 season show- 3 tops.