The Duel

Scuba

okay, so i watched the first episode last nite (finally) thinking that it was gonna be like every other challenge (which it was) untiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil we reached the end. first off.....YAY FOR DIEM! not only was she cute as a button with the g.i. jane look, but she rocks for winning that challenge!!

but the best.....better than any spitting, and puck episodes.......was when tina threw the right....right into beth's face! omg i died laughing! the only thing that would have made it better was if she had landed that thing square on beth's nose!!! th_Boxing08HL.gif

i'm thinking that she sticks around even though she punched her, because they show a lot of tina in the upcoming episodes.

anywhooooo....think i might watch another episode to see if there are any more punches

I watched it too. I'm trying to get to watch it from the beginning this time.

I also think the Diem looked just great with her short hair.

I reckon Tyler was a bit stupid to pick his Key West buddy John. He is quite strong and could possibly have beat somebody else leaving the two of them in.

Strangely enough I don't mind Beth all that much. In fact I quite like her.

But then again if I like Carvin and sometimes CM.........There must be something drastically wrong with me!

I watched also. I have never liked Tina at all. I will agree that the punch was priceless though :lol: . I always felt sorry for Beth until she competed in her last season of the gauntlet. I watched Tinas interview on overdrive @ mtv.com and shes pretty proud of herself. It was funny to watch but if she is kicked off it was a pretty dumbass move to give up the cash for punching Beth. JMO

isn't tina a teacher in jersey? i thought that i heard that in her little blurb about herself before the last challenge (the one with the newbies) if she is, i have one question..........what school in their right mind would hire her after seeing just one episode with her on??

"what school in their right mind would hire her after seeing just one episode with her on?? "

a school in Jersey

Diem looked way better with the short cut than with the wigs and scarves. That look is cute. And why was everyone calling Diem's moment triumphant? The only reason why she won is because everyone was scared to put the tube on her post.

And the whole punch scene looked stupid. The way Tina jumped in the air and swung..the whole thing just looked goofy.

Her "punch" was weak too. Beth didn't even budge. I think the little nick on her eye came from her sunglasses. I read on Beths myspace page that Tina was fired from the school right before she came on the challenge.

Just wanted to add that on Tinas interview with Blair she admitted to "body checking Beth" while the cameras werent looking. That is why Beth went and confronted Tina. beth also says that when they first arrived in Beliz Tina came up to her and was like you know I don't have a problem with you. Beth was like thats nice I'm still picking you for the duel when I go. So Tina was pissed off.

WOW! tyler had some balls choosing derrek to go into the duel with him. i understand he thinks he's a big shot, and strong and athletic (blah blah blah) but you don't choose the strongest guy! you choose eric to go up against so that you as least have better odds of staying!

poor, poor newbie. you'll learn!

• 1 month later...

Watching Wes and Derrick battle it out tonight was gruesome! I'm surprized Derrick lost though. He usually kicks butt . I'd like to see Wes when the 150,000 too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I knew there had to be a silver lining behind the cloud of Beth getting DQ'd in the duel, and tonight I saw what it was when the person that "beat" her, Svetlana, chose Kina to duel with and beat her-----good riddance. Maybe now Kina can take all that clown makeup off her face. All the histrionics she went through with her foot after it was over didn't get much sympathy from me.

As for Beth, it's obvious to me that she is expected to be the villain of these shows, and she plays it to the hilt. The producers will probably be begging her to come back when she's in her 70's. The people that supposedly "hate" her are listed as her friends on her myspace. I enjoy her. This year Robin is trying to bring the drama, but she's a poor substitute, and Tina is just a bad joke. Nobody can bring it like Beth. Even during her season of "Real World" she was bringing it. She was actually the one that instigated the whole thing with David getting thrown off that show.

It's been a good challenge so far-----a lot of my favorites are still around. Wes handled Derrick, Svetlana beat Kina, Brad went up against big Eric and beat him. Aneesa beat Robin in the Ascender challenge. Hopefully Evan will be next-----not a bad guy, but he's still in the way.

Wow. CT just exploded tonight. He got disqualified for ripping the flag off the same as Beth did and he just went off on Brad, then he went off on Wes. It must have been disappointing, but c'mon-----

The girls duel was bittersweet. I'm glad Svetlana won, but I'm sorry that Aneesa lost. I don't like that "I Can" challenge either-----you're not competing against anybody, you're trying to guess how much the logs or whatever weigh. It's the only challenge where you're not going head-to-head with somebody. I suppose there's some strategy involved, but I can understand why Aneesa doesn't like it. I was surprised that Svetlana picked it. It was a nice touch when Svet gave the Sidekick to her friend, though.

Aneesa is an IDIOT and deserved to go!!! I know the friendship probably meant more to her though. But Svet told her before that her Arms were hurting She should have challenged her to lift.

CT= :animated_rotfl: I hated that beth was DQed and i dont like her much but loved that CT was

I don't think this is a spoiler, because it has nothing to do with this season, or next season's results.

But apparently Inferno 3 has finished filming. A couple of weeks ago I read on some board that CT was scheduled to be on it, but was asked to leave because he got in a fight before the first competition.

Which probably means that Diem won't be on Inferno 3,. She has a kind of a calming effect on CT.