Season 1 - Episode 1.21: The Greater Good

Jem

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

So glad this is a spoiler thread ...

I feel we are going to have a morality lesson or exploration in this episode ... the title itself is the clue, and it seems like everything with Sayid plays out that way.

I also think the secondary focus will be on the aftermath of the death ... keeping that in mind, I think the death itself will raise issues of morality. Although not in my belief system, "the greater good" is a term I have heard often used with euthenasia ... just a thought!

This would explain so much, especially what I eventually see as a schism or division of the castaways ...

...The title makes me think of a memorable line spoken by Spock from the original Star Trek..."the good of the many outweighs the good of the few"...obviously not the origin of the line, but the writers seem to be leaving bits and pieces of clues from many sources- especially fantasies such as A Wrinkle in Time and Watership Down....so why not Star Trek? :lol:

I can see all the :roll: :roll: now!

kayo

Guest ranster627
...The title makes me think of a memorable line spoken by Spock from the original Star Trek..."the good of the many outweighs the good of the few"...obviously not the origin of the line, but the writers seem to be leaving bits and pieces of clues from many sources- especially fantasies such as A Wrinkle in Time and Watership Down....so why not Star Trek? :lol: 

I can see all the  :roll:  :roll: now!

kayo

No rolling eyes from me Kayo ... love the comparison ... also means death, but interesting in that it is self-sacrifice oriented (Spock gave up his life to save his ship for all those not into Star Trek)!

Guest XandraSkye

From 'Ask Ausiello' on TVGuide.com....

Question: We've gone two weeks without Lost scoopage. Have you no mercy?

Guest ranster627
Conspiracy Theory Ranster strikes again!  :lol:

LOL ... on this one no, just desperate to save Boone!!!! :wink:

Guest Scrappy's Girl
From 'Ask Ausiello' on TVGuide.com....
Question: We've gone two weeks without Lost scoopage. Have you no mercy? — Mandy

Ausiello: OK, here's some scoop, er, I mean, inside dope: The soon-to-be-whacked castaway will be back next season in one form or another. And the actor/actress behind said castaway took the news of his/her character's passing badly. Very badly.

With that being said I DO think it is Boone that dies because it would make sense if he was back next season in any flashbacks that Shannon might have.

What do you guys think?

That could be it as long as it is not Sawyer, Jack, Charlie, or Kate. I love all those characters and I read an interview with Josh Holloway who hinted that he is not the one that dies.

Donna

Well, now that we know it was Boone that met his demise :cry::cry::cry: , my guess is that they wouldn't kill off another main character unless they were to introduce some very interesting new ones. That being said, my guess is that the title has more to do with Sayid's flashback story (the suicide bomber?).

The preview also showed Sayid shooting Locke, but my guess (hope) is that it is a dream. Sayid seems to be the main suspect with regards to a character trying to kill someone, with that someone being Locke...most likely to seek retribution on behalf of his new sweetie-pie Shannon...

kayo

Guest ranster627

For a change I will get away from Conspiracy, and bring a dose of observation ...

From the preview, all we saw were two scenes, one of Sayid threatening Locke with a gun, and another of Locke being shot, tantalizingly edited to appear back-to-back!

Jem, good point. I completely forgot about that. They leave so many story lines hanging all the time that I don't know how they keep them all straight. I think they are secretly using Mortys to remember what's going on :wink:

CFDaddy

Guest ranster627
Maybe Locke is the one that hit Sayid over the head?

This is one mystery they have said will be cleared up this season ... see spoilers ...

• 04/21 - The events that landed Sayid on Flight 815 play out as he engages Locke in a psychological game of cat and mouse to uncover the truth about the mishap that claimed Boone. Meanwhile, Kate struggles to keep Jack from acting on his rage, as Shannon also makes plans for her brother's alleged killer; and Sawyer proves to be the best thing for Claire's very unhappy baby. Source: TitanTV

[*] 04/20 - Claire's new demon spawn will flip out on May 4. (and no, we don't know what that means) Source: Ask Ausiello @ TVGuide

• Demon spawn??? Is Claire's baby really evil?? :shock:

Why was Sayid really on that flight :?:

Guest ranster627

You may all now bend down and worship at the temple of Ranster ... seems my Damien name may fit! :wink:

• 04/28 - Fans awaiting the fallout from Boone's death get more questions than answers as Sayid puts his Republican Guard interrogation skills to good use to get the truth out of Locke. The hour, which reveals the heartbreaking events that put Sayid on Flight 815, also explains some of Locke's more sinister maneuvers. And while some of his recent actions actually have been for the greater good of his fellow survivors, Locke may not have the chance to right the worst wrong once someone decides to take justice into their own hands. Source: TV Guide Online

Guest XandraSkye

Ooohhhh.....I can't wait. I'm so excited that I might piddle right here in my seat.

NEW EPISODE! NEW EPISODE!

Now, I know some of you are hesitent to click on links that redirect you to another page from here, but trust me on this one, if you want a true sneak peak of tonights episode, you'll wanna visit this link.

http://www.tvguide.com/include/template/vi...st'&vTime='336'

It is most definately a SPOILER though so do not click if you do not want to see approximately 6 minutes of actual video from tonights episode.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

CFDaddy

Guest ranster627

You did it to me now Daddy!!!! :oops:

To click or not to click ... I am resisting right now, but am sure I will cave in before 8pm EST ...

CFDaddy-

:shock: WHOA! Thanks for sharing! I was one of those kids who always went searching for their Christmas gifts before Christmas, so I just had to look! It's in my nature....

The comic relief part had me :lol::lol:...as Charlie would say, "brilliant!"