Scare your pants off!

WickedOne

Insert EVIL LAUGH HERE:

Alright little ghosts & ghoulsies,what's the scariest(s) movie you have EVER seen in your entire life.

Personally,

The original Halloween!

Every year I set up a real lifesized mannequin I ordered from SF Calif. dressed up as Michael Myers.Scares the crap out of me and visitors.I set a light up pumpkin between his legs & use a strobe behind him on Halloween.Then won't go downstairs to use the bathroom all night!

Jaws:Enough said.

When the Exorcist first came out, I was afraid to go to bed. I was sure the bed was moving. :unsure:

The Shining is another scary movie to me.

The Entity also bothers me.

I don't hardly watch scary movies anymore because I don't like the gore. Probably the last one I watched was The Ring and The Grudge. Haven't watched the sequels yet and don't know if I will. I live by myself and I get too jumpy.

Silence of the Lambs

That was the only part of that entire movie that actually freaked me out a little bit.

OK scary movie, original Halloween.. scariest part is when Michael breaks out of the psych hospital and you see him slinking around outside w/ the other inmates... YIKES.. also that music still makes my skin crawl.

Saw Psycho I & II when I was seven and couldn't shower w/out leaving the door open and making someone stay upstairs in my house for three years after that.

I loooooooove scary movies and love to be scared.. I do make my dog investigate every strange noise I hear while I cower under my covers, but so what, it's worth it.

The Blair Witch Project was a joke. All that hype and really no need for it. I was soooooo disappointed.

Ya, the scariest movie of all time has to be The Exorcist, and not all this Emily Rose garbage either. We're talking the real one with Linda Blair (at least I think that's the first one out there). I still can't watch that movie all the way through, and certainly not with my eyes open. Not to mention the demon voice still freaks me out to where my friends will talk to me in that sort of a voice just to get me going.

I'm glad you said that about the BWP. It was filmed in a different format and was hard to follow. I still don't think I understood what happened. I remember feeling unsatisfied when I finished watching it, like I missed the punch line or something. To this day, I can barely remember what it was about. Left no lasting impression on me.

The Exorcist (in its time) was scary in all aspects.

Jaws was a great movie too. One of my favorites. I wouldn't classify it as a scary movie though.

I love scary movies - the scarier the better. Except now that I live by myself I have to wacth then during the day lol!! :D

I actually did like the blair witch project, it scared me a bit, and the concept was interesting.

Jaws and the shinning were great, I also love the earlier Friday the 13th but the newer ones got pretty cheesy.

I also really liked Saw I and II, and I also like the texas chainsaw massacre.

I am getting pretty dissapointed with all the new horror movies, not many are actually scary, I just went to see texas chainsaw masacre II last week, and I was dissapointed, it didnt scare me like I hoped it would!!

Night of the Living Dead

That's the original, filmed outside Pittsburgh, with Chilly Billy Cardilly (from local Channel 11's Saturday Night's Chiller Theater) taking a small role as a reporter.

Black and white, in the dark, at a drive-in movie theater. That was worth every penny.

Scariest movie ever for me was The Little Girl Who Lives down the Lane with Jodie Foster

I watched for a while, then I got so freaked out I made my mother turn it off, I slept on a cot in her room for weeks after that

From IMBD:

Rynn Jacobs is a thirteen-year-old girl who lives in a secluded house that she and her father have rented in a quiet seaside community. But whenever anybody from the town tries to satisfy their curiosity, Rynn's father is never around, and it seems as if the girl is all alone. Rynn's resourcefulness is put to the test as several people try to find out what she might be hiding, including the snobby landlady and her sleazy son

I probably wouldn't find it scary today but at the time it scared the h*ll out of me

the scariest movie of all time for me is Silver Bullet. will not watch that movie to this day. saw it when i was like 6 or 7 and it scared the sh*t out of me! had nightmares for weeks! i can't even watch the non-scary parts in that stupid movie, because it will cause nightmares now. Damn you stephen king!

Nightmare on Elm Street.........I lived on Elm Street at the time so I had a lot of fun out of this one with my little brother and sister. Freddie was a scary dude :o

1...2...Freddie's coming after you

3...4...You better lock the door

5...6...Grab the crucifix

7...8...you better stay up late

9...10...never go to bed again

As for the Excorcist....we were at the hospital one night in the ER when this movie came out and a ambulance rolled up with a guy in it.....apparently he tripped on acid and decided to go see this movie....Freaked him out big time!!

• 3 weeks later...

the original Halloween

Not a lot of blood and gore and the suspense just kept building.

Friday the 13th

This was one of the first movies with a lot of gore.

The scene where Kevin Bacon gets scewerd by an arrow from underneath the bed made me check under my bed for weeks and weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

A really fun scary movie is Joy Ride....the words "candy cane" take on a whole new meaning...

Candy Man freaked a friend of mine out. She said she was always afraid she would accidentally say "candy man" five times and he would really get her. I laughed because how do you accidentally say something five times??

Seriously, after I laughed at her, I got into my car and was backing out of the drive way. I looked in the rear view mirror and said, "Candy man, Candy man, Candy man, Candy man, Candy man". That's when the neighbors cat jumped out of the back seat. Scarred the CRIZZAP out of me...

To this day, I won't watch that movie...dang cat...

• 3 months later...

OMG, scary movies are my favorite! In no particular order:

1. Halloween (the original, of course)

2. Carrie

3. Candyman (I still can only watch it in the daytime!)

4. A Nightmare on Elm Street pt. 1

5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Honorable mentions:

1. The Descent

2. The Exorcist

3. The Omen

4. The Devil's Rejects