The Nine

pinkie

Series Premiere:

Wed., Oct. 4 @ 10/9c

"Pilot"

Nine strangers end up in a Los Angeles bank on a fateful morning, as two men lock the doors, pull their guns and announce a bank robbery that will "only take five minutes." These nine survivors are now banded together as an unlikely family, as they re-enter their lives and grapple with how this seminal event has changed them forever...

Anyone else planning to watch this??? I hope it as good as the commercials look

Guest StarBaby

I am -- been seeing the previews, and then this morning they talked to one of the stars of the show on GMA. Looks like it could be really good! And I needed something to fill that time slot on Wednesdays.

Am I the only one who has a hard time believing Scott Wolfe is a heart surgeon? When he walked out with the "All done" comment, I changed the channell and never changed back. Was it good?

I was surpised to see this show wasn't listed, especially since it follows LOST. I thought the pilot episode was quite good. If you misssed it, you might want to catch it online at the ABC site. Here's a plot summary and the show's premise from a review to get you started...

Before their ordeal, these nine people were strangers waiting for a bank teller. Nick Cavanaugh (Tim Daly), a handsome cop, went in to flirt with bank employee Eva Rios (Lourdes Benedicto), whose sister Franny (Camille Guaty) got her the job.

Bank manager Malcolm Jones (Chi McBride) received a surprise visit from his daughter, Felicia (Dana Davis), after a strange conversation about a loan with a weirdo named Egan Foote (John Billingsley). Kathryn Hale (Kim Raver), an assistant district attorney; Jeremy Kates (Scott Wolf), a successful surgeon; his girlfriend, Lizzie Miller (Jessica Collins), were all having typical days.

That ended when Lucas Dalton (Owain Yeoman) walked in with his tweaky brother, hoping to hit the place and run. But what should have been over in five minutes stretched out to 52 torturous hours.

Cut to the SWAT team entering the place -- it looks as if it's torn apart by guerrilla warfare. Everyone's bloody, screaming and cowering, and Cavanaugh makes it clear that someone on the outside screwed up on a massive scale.

That's all we know, other than how drastically the event has changed these people. The once suicidal Egan emerges with a sense that life has granted him a second chance. Others take a turn for the worse -- and one blocks it out entirely. But they all bond, and as bits and pieces of what happened over those 52 hours are revealed, we'll find out what is keeping them together.

The combined charisma of Daly, McBride, Raver and Wolf is undeniable, but doesn't overshadow the rest of this excellent ensemble. Billingsley, though, looks like a viewer favorite.

I have always been a fan of Chi McBride and Tim Daly is looking pretty good, too. Great little twist at the end of the show. Give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

10/16 - Episode 1.05 - All About Eva [Airing November 1]: Nick and Kathryn uncover a startling revelation about the bank robbery and about Eva; Franny learns Lizzie is pregnant with Jeremys child; and Malcolm deals with conflicting responsibilities to the bank and to a dead friend's widow. Source: ABC

09/22 - Episode 1.06 - Take Me Instead [Airing November 8]: A classy hip-hop record producer and music mogul is hosting a very high-end charity event at his home, where guests are by invite only. We also meet two new possibly recurring characters: Lydia Martel, a sweet psychologist, and Greg, a likeable social worker at the hospital where Lizzie (Jessica Collins) works.

09/28 - Episode 1.07: We meet Julianna (played by Sasha Alexander), Nick's ex-wife, who is an undercover cop and may be recurring character.

10/13 - Episode 1.08 - You're Being Watched: This episode will feature a new security guard who works at the bank where the robbering happened.

10/25 - Episode 1.09 - The Inside Man: L.A.P.D detectives interrogate additional suspects from the bank robbery. Gavin Domm, a former FBI agent, is on a talk show promoting his new book about his expertise with hostage situations. An overly-eager reporter is trying to get a scoop on a story about the robbery.

:lol: I relate, Katydidit. I've been hanging in there with this show but they better speed things up just a little or they may lose me too...