Heroes (season 1)

kayo

I just saw the pilot last night and this show has definitely possibilities of being a break-out hit! It was well-acted and has a storyline that was enough to hook me for at least a few more episodes...we'll see.

Pros: great acting (especially the Japanese actor-brilliant!), it reels the viewer in with an interesting storyline, attractive cast that's easy on the eyes, and, let's face it, everyone loves a hero! The premise kind of reminds me of the movie Unbreakable- an ordinary man who finds out over time that he's extraordinary.

Cons: I thought the online prostitute scene was way too over-the-top for a show that most likely will have young viewers. If I had had children watching with me I would have turned the channel, which is sad because otherwise it was a great episode.

Did anyone else watch it? What are your thoughts? Oh, and for those who missed it, I believe the pilot is airing again tonight (Tuesday)!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed this show last night. I enjoy watching them discover their new 'powers', I loved the the man from Japans excitement in learning what he is now capable of. I also find it interesting how some characters are scared by it while others can't wait to see how far they can take themselves.

NBC is replaying the pilot on their website also

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

Right off the bat loved it. Saw the repeat last night since i was at a party the night before. It was actually a show me and my roomate watched together and its funny because he hardly ever watches TV only mtv reality shows. The subtitles bugged me because i was way too tired to read them and i think they just use them so the people at home pay better attention. I loved the stripper scene personally but i can see why kayo wouldnt like it if kids saw it. Didnt really see much from the guy from american dreams and the guy from alias. Or am i mistaken who was the guy from alias but i swear i didnt see him in there. All in all great show. Im intrigued but im affraid that it will be one of those shows i really get into and then they cancell hopefully it wont be cancelled

Oh yeah! I knew I saw that guy in the previews somewhere before...the pilot the "monster" ate!

From http://www.heroes-forum.com

Spoilers - Highlight to read

Episode 2: "Don't Look Back"

The episode will introduce 20ish-year-old Eden McKenzie, a hip and bohemian struggling actress from New York. Eden will appear in at least three episodes. We will meet Janice Parkman, wife of Matt Parkman (Greg Grunberg). Amongts the other recurring characters who'll be introduced in this episode are: Jackie, a crueld cheerleader from Texas; Brody, the star quarterback at Odessa High, who has a sinister and disturbing allure hiding under the nice fa

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

09/28 - Episode 1.06 - Better Halves

09/28 - Episode 1.07

09/28 - Episode 1.08: Two new recurring characters are introduced. The first one is a beautiful and formidable East Indian mother in her 50s. The second one is her 10-year-old-ish son Sanjog.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Heroes

by Angel Cohn

September 25, 2006: Hiro Worship

Aside from the fact that I've got the tune "I Believe I Can Fly" stuck in my head after watching Peter stand at the precipice of the building debating whether or not to take that big leap, I just flat out adored this show. Really, the song issue isn't even the show's fault, it is just the way my weird mind works. But seriously, wasn't that the coolest cliff-hanger you've seen on a pilot this season? I know that there are people who are analyzing the show to death already, but basically it is just entertaining, filled with intriguing characters, good actors and a crazy plot. To me, that adds up to the making of a fun series.

While I'm not a huge comic-book addict, I just have a small collection that is probably stored improperly, I have always loved Kitty Pryde. So I guess it is no surprise that hands down my favorite character on Heroes is well, Hiro. Masi Oka is so adorable that I just want to hug him. But aside from his comprehension and his ability to alter the space-time continuum, his mundane job as an office drone who sits at his computer in a small cubicle all day is completely relatable. Hiro's eagerness to be someone special, or someone who stands out is something that most individuals are seeking in some way, shape or form. "I wanna boldly go where no man has gone before," he exclaimed. Even his pal who told him that it was good to be the same as everyone else, wanted some sort of skill that would make him more appealing to the ladies. He bluntly told Hiro, "No one ever got laid by stopping the second hand of a clock." Speaking of Hiro, I so want mandatory roof-top stretching time at work, and to watch the Internet "Backstreet Boy" phenoms at a local bar.

I also really dug Hayden Panettiere as Claire the cheerleader. She is another one who is just striving for attention from her adopted mother. But I'm still trying to figure out if her creepy dad knew that she was special before he adopted her, or if he's clueless to her potential. I think it would be interesting if he spent all this time trying to steal Suresh's father's research and didn't realize that his own kid was involved. My guess is that he's got to know that something is up. Her mom on the other hand is completely clueless. She's more into her prized pooch, Mr. Muggles. Is that a sly Harry Potter reference to subtly reinforce the fact that she's oblivious to Claire's power? I giggled when Claire told her mom she'd done something memorable with her life, "You are interesting. You breed show dogs. Whose mom does that?"

At least Claire's mom is breeding pups and not killing mob bosses like poor little Micah's mom. He's like a super genius, and Niki's taking off her clothes on the Internet for cash. I still don't get if her power is for good or for evil. Yes, those guys were skeezy, but her mirror image or doppelganger or whatever you want to call it, brutally murdered them, which isn't quite right, either.

Then there are the Petrelli brothers. Family dysfunction at its finest. Nathan's running for congress, and he supposedly takes up a lot of space. Mom's shoplifting to get noticed (do I sense a theme?) and Peter's happy living in the shadow of his big bro and helping old people reach their final resting place. Peter also managed to get involved with Simone and her drug-addicted boyfriend, Isaac. (I really dug Isaac's paintings by the way, little extra special side kudos to the art department.) I just wonder when Isaac will connect that it is Peter who was depicted in one of his recent prescient paintings. Though their crossing paths so quickly reminded me of Six Degrees, I guess that all of these "power"-filled people would be drawn together because of their unique abilities sooner or later, anyway.

Personally, I'm excited for next week when Greg Grunberg makes his debut appearance, and I can finally see what happens next (that's the problem with watching these pilots months early... too much time to wait). I've got a feeling I'm going to be sucked into countless hours trying to decipher small clues in this show and trying to figure out how the solar eclipse suddenly awakened the power within all these seemingly random strangers.

Posted by Angel Cohn 09/26/06 12:36 AM

October 2, 2006: Welcome, Matt

I have to admit that I was a smidge worried that Heroes pulled out all the stops for the pilot and that the second episode would just pale in comparison. I'm so happy to see that I was wrong about that. I did think that the pacing was a bit off because they showed snippets from last week's adventures the first time they showed each character, but I'm thinking that was just for this episode and future ones won't have that issue. But other than that small quibble, I loved it.

First of all, it has me totally perplexed, which is such a good thing. I love it when a TV show makes me think about what they are trying to do and doesn't lay all the answers out on the table right away. Can Hiro really time-travel, or is he just able to see the future? Hope his vision of the coming weeks' chaos doesn't cause me to have nightmares like Jericho did. Is Niki really a super-villain and not a superhero? I know she killed those guys in self-defense, but her special little burying spot already had another skull in it. How many times has she done this? If Pete really can fly, how come he still wound up in the hospital? Even if he didn't achieve liftoff until he was near the ground, shouldn't he have been able to propel himself up? Maybe that is just the learning curve for these newfound powers. The biggest question I've got is who the heck is this Sylar dude? He's been going around decapitating people and seemingly freezing them and stealing their brains. Is it Claire's adopted daddy? Or maybe, and I'm just speculating here, it's Claire's real dad, and the creepy dude who is her adopted dad is really trying to protect her from harm. I know that seems a bit far-fetched after he spooked Mohinder in New York and had that look of pure evil on his face when he was watching Claire's videotaped tests of power.

Speaking of Mohinder

I'm liking this show even more after last night's episode! It definitely drew me into the plot and left me with alot of questions I want answered...kind of like my favorite show LOST. And I absolutely loved the ending! Now that the japanese guy reversed time, the artist will get his brain back and we'll get to see how the "heroes" come together and stop this cataclysmic event from happening...nice. B)

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Heroes' Vixen Reveals the Devil Inside

by Matt Webb Mitovich

Monday, October 2, 2006

061002interview1.jpg

Ali Larter, Heroes

Ali Larter, whom you have seen on the big screen in such fare as Varsity Blues and two Final Destination films, is now channeling her inner... something... as superpowered single mom Niki Sanders on NBC's recently premiered Heroes (Mondays at 9 pm/ET). In this Q&A with TVGuide.com, the actress sheds light on Niki's special ability, teases a steamy hookup ahead and surveys Heroes' overall mythology.

TVGuide.com: Obviously you've been paying the bills doing films. What made you decide to commit to Heroes?

Ali Larter: For me it doesn

Courtesy of: THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

NBC picks up 'Heroes' for a full season

The first breakout new series of the season, NBC's drama "Heroes," has become the first freshman show to receive a full-season order. NBC has given a back-nine order to the superhero series, from creator Tim Kring and NBC Universal TV Studio. "'Heroes' has delivered exceptional ratings since it's premiere and we're even more impressed with the quality of the upcoming episodes," NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly said. "The best is yet to come over the course of a full season with this newest drama sensation." In its first two airings, "Heroes" has averaged 13.5 million viewers and a 5.7 rating/14 share among adults 18-49. (Nellie Andreeva)

finally caught up on my episodes. i like the show. captures the attention. a few characters i don't care for....but i love claire....wish i had her powers what with how clumsy i am.

this show takes me back to when i was a kid and wanted superhero powers. never could settle on one!

Me too, Scuba! If I could have any superpowers though, I think I'd want what Hiro has...to be able to teleport yourself anywhere and reverse time would be fantastic! Just think of the possibilities... B)

Wowser! Did she actually wake up on the autopsy table? And where was the doc?

Long Live Hiro- the ultimate Super Hero!! :)

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Heroes

by Angel Cohn

October 9, 2006: Destined for Greatness

I so did not see that parting shot coming! I expected Claire would come back to life after her harrowing near-rape, but I didn't expect her to be flayed open on the autopsy table. I know some people were a little put off by the graphic stuff in last week's Heroes, but it doesn't really bother me, just takes me by surprise (too much Nip/Tuck and Deadwood has desensitized me). I was actually more upset by the brutish behavior of the school quarterback. Did you catch the sad-looking girl who looked like she wanted to warn Claire? I got the impression this wasn't the first time that he'd tried to date-rape a girl, and I'm hoping that since he essentially killed Claire, this is his last time. I'm thinking he's in for a whopper of a shock when she returns to school next week.

We finally got to see a bit more of Greg Grunberg tonight as Matt, paired up with the cool Clea DuVall. I really like Matt's psychic powers; they made even a humdrum argument with his wife seem more interesting. Sylar's mind-controlling, bullet-proof existence and disappearing act were fairly cool distractions, but I want to know what he wants with that little girl who was in the supposed safe room. Does she have superpowers, or does he just want to get to her before she fills the FBI in on all the details about what he did to her family? And who do we think the guy is who was sitting in the bar? If Matt couldn't read his thoughts, that sort of makes me think he's an evildoer.

Niki was out in the desert burying some dead bodies

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

10/16 - Episode 1.06 - Better Halves [Airing October 30]: Hiro and his buddy embark on their heroic journey to New York, when they are stopped by a Vegas high-roller who offers them a deal they can't refuse. As H.R.G (guest star Jack Coleman) sets up a meeting for his daughter Claire with her biological parents, she hopes that questions about her newfound indestructibility can be answered. Meanwhile, Isaac receives another confusing call from Hiro, but Peter is there this time to pick up the phone and relay a life-saving message. Suresh bids farewell to Eden (guest star Nora Zehetner) as he heads back to India to bury his father. An unexpected visitor shows up at Niki's home. Greg Grunberg, Adrian Pasdar, Noah Grey-Cabey and Tawny Cypress also star. Source: NBC

This show just keeps getting better and better. And what a FANTASTIC ending with Hiro visiting Peter from the future, and looking the part of a total warrior and speaking perfect English to boot! I can't wait til next week! :)