Jericho

jenw_72

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree fizzle.

I just watched it on innertube. Its good, I will continue to watch it....I just hope they count the views on innertube when they do the ratings.

I know,I hate when they cancel shows without giving them a fair shot.And I am sure they would count the innertube too Dade.

I use to watch this show YEARS ago called models inc and they cancelled it right in the middle of a good story line.Someone was getting married and someone got shot.They ended it because it was season finale and it never came back on..:o....lol anyways it's takin me a few years to get over that.HA

But Jericho seems like it may have a good shot though.I hope...haha

Thought it was pretty good, with what's going on with "The Explosion" you have some convicts on the loose which can intensify the show.

Should be interesting :)

Just watched last night show.

I really liked it, lots of suspense. It also made me wonder what I would do in the same circumstances. Scary thought.

..Wondered what happened to the Mayor, glad he was found.

..Will the kids be ok? Some how I dont believe plastic and duck tape will be a life saver. (well the plasic anyway, we all know that duck tape IS a life saver...use it on everything!)

..Will the storm cellar be safe enough?

..Will the mine be dug out?

..Where did the rest of the push pins go?

ohhhhh the questions.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

September 27, 2006: Clouds Rolling In

Jericho's layers are unfolding like the thick onion that it is... slowly and stubbornly with a little sting to the eyes. I like the personal relationships sparking within the larger picture: the harsh, defensive marriage between Robert Hawkins (more on him later) and his wife; Eric Green's (Kenneth Mitchell) affair with the curly-haired bartender; Dale's concern for Skylar

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Short Cuts: Jericho, Sesame Street and More!

CBS is rebroadcasting this week's episode of Jericho, in which the townsfolk ready for an acid-rain storm, on Saturday at 9 pm/ET.... Paying visits to Sesame Street in the coming weeks: Grammy winner John Legend sings with Hoots (Oct. 2), Shirley Jones plays Mother Goose (Oct. 5), Jamie Foxx meets Jamie Fox (Oct. 6), Amy Sedaris plays Snow White (Oct. 12) and Matt Lauer gets glib in an interview with the Cookie Monster (Oct. 16).... ESPN is shutting down its overly, overly promoted, and yet undersubscribed, mobile service.

Posted by Matt Mitovich 09/29/06 10:14 AM

I really liked this show too

Just the way the one way the brother (I think it was the deputy im not sure) described what happend to all the guys in the bar (It was the deputy I just remembered) scared the scrap outta me. I agree with dade i dont know what i would do in that situation. I would not do what the kids did though. I think it was stupid for the girl to think that her parents would come back knowing there was a storm traveling from Denver. I thought she would know that it was impossible for her parents to travel back to Jericho in time. i thought it was touching how the guy was there for her when she asked him to stay with him. I think there could be a potential romance if they survive the storm.

I didnt know the girl who owns the bar had a romance with the deputy. I thought that was intresting.

I knew there was something fishy going on with the police officers. I wonder what happend to the death girl, hopefully well get more insight into what happend next week.

It was pretty good show cant wait for next week

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Jericho Star Teases Upcoming Bombshells!

by Matt Webb Mitovich

061004interview2.jpg

Sprague Grayden, Jericho

Thus far on CBS' Jericho (Wednesdays at 8 pm/ET), the titular Kansas town has been roped off from the rest of the United States by a series of nuclear attacks, and last week the residents braced for the arrival of acid rain. Meanwhile, a secretive good Samaritan named Lenny recently was on the receiving end of a Morse-coded message that he conspicuously shared with no one. Is all on this series not what it seems? TVGuide.com took that question and others to Sprague Grayden, who plays Skeet Ulrich's possible love interest, Heather.

TVGuide.com: What do you think of the early ratings? Among new series, Jericho is considered one of the fall's biggest success stories.

Sprague Grayden: You know, I've done five shows in five years at this point, and [this one] was a really solid ratings showing, which made me really happy. I don't like it when you premiere too high, [because] then you can fall. I feel really great about the fact that we stayed solid [in the second week], too.

TVGuide.com: Especially since there was some criticism leading into the premiere, asking, "Who would want to watch a show about a nuclear holocaust?"

Grayden: My last show [FX's Over There] was about a war! [Laughs] You just kind of go where the interesting work is, and hope people follow.

TVGuide.com: But what do you say to that criticism, which might have some people not tuning in?

Grayden: I say that they should give Jericho a chance. The show does not emphasize the sadness or the tragedy that comes out of the disaster, it emphasizes the hope. It emphasizes what people can be when they come together, how we can take care of each other. [Pauses] Did that make any sense? I went to Barnard [College], so somebody's going to read this and go, "God, she used to be smart." [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: Why do you think Jericho's ratings have surged in the back half hour each week?

Grayden: Maybe people started watching Dancing with the Stars and realized that Harry Hamlin was being voted off, so they just gave up. [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: Actually, every 8 pm show surged in its final 30 minutes....

Grayden: Maybe everybody was on a date, and it didn't end well? That's my official answer!

TVGuide.com: How long is injured Heather going to be hobbling around for?

Grayden: I don't know if I'm allowed to say, but I will say that when the brace is gone, we clapped it out. [Laughs] It was a big event.

TVGuide.com: It was a neat twist that Heather is handy with mechanics and stuff.

Grayden: It is kind of cool! Did you ever read the Star Wars books for [Episodes] 7, 8 and 9? Han Solo and Princess Leia have twins, and their daughter is the mechanical one. I always wanted to play Princess Leia's daughter, but seeing as that option will never be out there, Heather may be the closest I can get.

TVGuide.com: I take it that Jericho will be working a triangle with you, Skeet and Ashley Scott?

Grayden: There's always a triangle when you've got a brunette and a blonde! It's actually a cool triangle because it's not fueled by the women's cattiness. They've done something unique where the women are actually good friends.

TVGuide.com: Who has time for catfights when...

Grayden: There are bombs falling, yeah. If we were sitting there fighting about a guy, it'd be silly.

TVGuide.com: But since the end of the world appears to be coming, this is Skeet's chance to...

Grayden: Repopulate?

TVGuide.com: No, pitch a threesome: "It's now or never, ladies."

Grayden: [Laughs] It's not HBO, dude!

TVGuide.com: What can you preview about this week's episode? Last we saw, everyone was hunkered down in fallout shelters, cellars and whatnot.

Grayden: It takes place the next day and it's really the first episode, I think, where the town starts accepting what's happened, and thinking about surviving in the long run. At the same time, Heather gets to have a bit of a moral crisis, which is interesting. She sees something.

[Going off the record, TVGuide.com tries to get Grayden to spill about what it is that Heather sees. She good-naturedly refuses, darn it.]

Grayden: I can't tell you, dude! C'mon, I knew for a year that Nate was going to die on Six Feet Under and I didn't tell anybody.

TVGuide.com: Really?! You're good.

Grayden: I am good. I am so good.

TVGuide.com: We're presuming on Jericho that nuclear attacks have taken place in major U.S. cities. But is there a possibility that's not the case? Is that something we're supposed to be wondering?

Grayden: I think you're supposed to wonder whatever you're wondering, and you should trust in the fact

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

October 4, 2006: Leader of the Pack

OK, forget the onion. This show has more layers than a bad day on Project Runway. I am completely wrapped up in Jake and all that comes with him

I think Shep and Gray killed Renny. I lost all respect for Eric. Robert Hawkins isn't telling the truth or the whole truth. What is with the "we are not ready" speech he gave his wife? This show gets better by the week.

And it is on Wednesdays so my night is full first Jericho then Lost then The Nine. Good TV night if you ask me. :)

I wonder what that thing he had and bricked up behind the wall is? Is it a bomb? Is he a terrorist? He obviously has a dark secret.

I like this show because of the post-apocalyptic theme, though the town really doesn't seem too bad off right yet despite the bombs. Now they have a whole train of food too. Where are they getting power from? Town is too small to have its own plant.

I wonder myself what he is hiding within the the brick wall..........I was also wondering about the food situation until the food was found.

Good point on where the power is coming from...the medical clinic alone is just a walk-in clinic....no hospital.

I also wonder about the actions of Hawkins!!!

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

October 11, 2006: One Man Down

Is anyone else just as angry with Hawkins as I am? I know it comes from my frustration with not knowing who he really is, but I just want to shake the truth out of him. His assaulting

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Jericho' Gets a Full-Season Order

Get ready for 22 episodes of Skeet squinting

October 12, 2006

25868192.jpg

Skeet Ulrich of 'Jericho'

Crediting it with contributing to a night of solid ratings growth, CBS has picked up a back nine for the freshman drama "Jericho."

The Wednesday night drama, which features Skeet Ulrich and Gerald McRaney has averaged 11.3 million viewers and a 3.4 rating among adults 18-49. In an 8 p.m. slot most recently occupied by comedies, "Jericho" has boosted viewership by 48 percent and the 18-49 demo rating by 36 percent compared to last year.

CBS will now have 22 episodes of "Jericho," which kicks off a night that has seen an overall viewership bump of 34 percent and a demo increase of 22 percent despite intense competition from the other networks, ABC in particular.

"Jericho," which focuses on the aftermath of a nuclear explosion and how one Kansas town is impacted, may not have premiered with huge numbers, but viewership has remained almost identical week-to-week, showing no drop against baseball on FOX or, this past week, the premiere of NBC's new comedy block.

The drama from executive producers Jon Turtletaub, Stephen Chbosky and Carol Barbee joins "Heroes" on the list of new shows receiving full-season orders.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Skeet Ulrich Reveals Why Jericho Is Such a Blast

by Paul Semel

061018interview1.jpg

Skeet Ulrich, Jericho

If you judge Skeet Ulrich on his career choices alone, you might think he doesn't learn from his mistakes. "My work on Miracles should have told me to steer clear of doing another show," says the star of the surprise hit Jericho (Wednesdays at 8 pm/ET, on CBS). "Doing one is so intense, it typically becomes a 70-hour week."

So what changed his mind after that short-lived show about the supernatural? "With the kids [twins Jakob and Naiia, from his recently ended marriage to actress Georgina Cates] starting kindergarten," Ulrich says, "I just don't want to be away on movie locations anymore."

It probably didn't hurt that Ulrich already knew a lot about small towns like Jericho, Kansas, where prodigal son Jake Green (Ulrich) and the other residents have to deal with the aftermath of a nearby nuclear strike that leaves them cut off from the rest of the world. The 36-year-old grew up in tiny Concord, North Carolina, and spent a lot of time around racetracks

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

October 18, 2006: One Smart Pool Guy

The electricity

Anybody watch Jericho last night......I was kinda wondering when the town was going to hit there breaking point. I still want to know more about Jake.....and Hawkins. I know they must have ties with the goverment but to what extent.

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

October 25, 2006: Pieces of the Truth

This time, we pick up exactly where we left off: missiles soaring across the sky and residents of Jericho running in every direction. Johnston says the nearest place the missiles could be coming from is Wyoming, 100 miles away, and Hawkins is on his computer, as frantic as I've ever seen him, sweat lining his brow. An EMP (electromagnetic pulse) killed the power. Everything's dead.

All of a sudden it's two weeks later and for the first time we see Jake and Dale have a one-on-one interaction. Things are tense around town and even quiet Dale has a little anger inside of him. But no one seems as angry as Mitchell Cafferty (Clayne Crawford), strolling back into town for some warm beer at Bailey's and some nasty words for Jake. At least we're getting some insight into Jake's past and the trouble that ran him out of town.

Uncle Sam/IRS/Mimi visits Stanley and Bonnie, clearly wanting nothing to do with the roosters roaming around. Her brilliant idea of staying at their farm and deducting her room and board from Stanley's IRS debt can only bring an interesting story line... a romance? A love for the simple life? Maybe she'll toss the fancy shoes after some time with the livestock.

Meanwhile, Jake makes his way to the airfield Mitchell had mentioned earlier and sees his family's horses penned up. Surprisingly, Dale is there with Mitchell. Just as things get messy, Eric shows up with reinforcements, and gunshots are flying. When they've got Mitchell locked up downtown later on, Jake knows the whole game has changed. "Mitchell and his kind are going to prey on this town like locusts," says Jake. And in an attempt to keep the teens in play, Skylar bails Dale out, rushing to his rescue, but I don't really want to waste any words on her.

Stanley is dealing with corn worms and trying to salvage his harvest, but he's stubborn about giving up his crop. I don't blame him for being protective, but I feel like this is an example of people starting to turn on each other as the town loses more food and patience with each week. But Mimi's on his side. "It's every man for himself now," she says.

The best part of the episode was when Allison Hawkins discovers her father's materials and has the nerve to keep snooping until she's caught and Hawkins is forced to reveal some truths. "You knew this was going to happen!" she says. And then, in a disturbing turn, we see Allison learning to shoot a gun and Hawkins praising her, obviously hoping she'll keep her mouth shut.

Mom Green's rehabilitation idea provides the harvest and the expected scene we love to see every episode, where the town comes together in some way despite the scare they're still dealing with.

But just because we had a couple minutes of relief doesn't mean Jericho is saved or that another crisis won't occur soon after the calm. Other small things I noticed in this episode:

Darcy speaking up more about Hawkins' not being around for the family. "I'm the parent here," she says. I'm rooting for her, wanting her to rise up against the tight-lipped walls she lives within.

Eric's considering giving his marriage another try. Mary Bailey is just looking desperate, and I don't know if I can watch her curious eyes stare longingly at Eric much longer.

Johnston's illness is worsening and it seems that Jericho is in the hands of his sons.

Heather was nowhere to be seen in this episode, and Emily only appeared for a few minutes. For all those disinterested in the relationships of this show, it seemed