General Discussion - not pair specific

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to all these professional dancers that go the extra mile with their partners. The traveling (could Tony Dovolani be any more out of place than on a country music tour or somewhere in the middle of TN at a family BBQ?), the outside help they get their partners (laughing Yoga??!!), a gondola ride to enhance their on air chemistry?

Thanks for the thread rejuv. I'm really impressed with the quality of the contestants this year. Almost everyone has potential and most importantly, it seems that all of them have the drive to try and improve and win this thing. I love it, going to be best season yet, imo.

i tivo'd the premiere episode and results show, but my husband decided that it was a stupid show and deleted it before i could watch.....so i can't discuss things! i'm pissed, 'cause i wanted to see it!

I think the audiance should only account for 1/4 of the vote. How do they do it now? 50/50?

I was so mad last year when P kept going week to week because of the "hood" vote.

My favorites are Mario, Joey and Emmet. I guess I don't have any girl favorites this year.

Guest StarBaby

I think Jerry Springer is going to be a lot like Master P (in that he will get enough audience votes to stay long after he deserves to), so sadly, I don't think he will be the one to go tonight. The one thing I will say in Springers defense, though, is that he is at least trying. But he still is the worst, by far, IMO.

I think it will either be the Miss AMerica blonde, or the Willa Ford blonde (I think that is her name -- it says she is a singer, but I have never heard of her).

I agree with Marty, I think the audience vote should carry LESS weight.

The elimination this week was no shocker. Jerry might hang a round a couple more weeks; they still have a few couples whose dancing isn't quite up to par. The judges may end up being forced to do the same thing to him they did to P, make his scores so low that its almost impossible for the callers to balance it out. I'm not upset yet that he is staying since almost all the dancers are on the same level with the exception of a couple standouts.

I still think it is not fair to the others that appear to put a lot more into their dancing. He has so many "fans" or people that watch his show that will keep voting for him because they think it is like being in his audience. I think they always chant ... JERRY JERRY JERRY.

Is next week a waltz?

I suspect that if Jerry Springer does well at the waltz, they will let him go the following week. I'm not sure his physical stature can handle the rest of the grueling competitions. But the show would give such a high-profile celeb at least one "great" night before sending him to pasture.

I don't believe for one minute that the fan vote can actually sway what the producers want any outcome to be. As a matter of fact, I could see the celebs contracting for "a minimum of four dances" or "up to final four" as examples.

I really don't care who wins. I just like to watch non-dancers blossom into something they can be proud of.

And along the way I get to drool a li'l bit. :)

What do you mean Katy. The fan vote is 50% of the vote. So how can you say the fan vote does not matter?

Are you saying the vote is fixed to what the producers want? I don't believe that is the case for a minute.

And the cabbage patch you're hiding is where, Marty??? :huh:

Of course I think it's fixed. I try to think of something else to say and just can't come up with anything better. How about a reason you don't think it's rigged. Just don' gimme no stuff about the integrity of TV. Just tell me you were being sarcastic and my faith in humanity will be restored.

Yikes I don't live in a cabbage patch and I am not a gullible person. I am not one to believe in conspiricies or do I assume things are "fixed".

I don't think for a minute that the show is fixed. I don't think that the judges or the contestants would be part of a fixed show. I think the only thing that is fixed sometimes is when people use the vote cheater machines.

I also work in government and think for the most part that we are not corrupt. LOL

This is the same thing that happened with Master P last season, accept that Jerry actually does work on his dance. I didn't see the first few episodes of season 1; but Season 2 and now this one seem to operate on a plan to weed out the 4 or so that are always bottom of the pack in the first few weeks, but in no particular order. In terms of dancing ability, it may be unfair that Jerry didn't go last night but a weak person still left. If she hadn't gone then she would have gone very soon. As for the Jerry chanting, it isn't only fans of his doing it, the whole audience gets into it. The hosts and even some of the other dancers have been chanting.

Anyone care to make a comment about the dancers that performed while Julio Iglesias sang ?

This was the dance with Cheryl and Maxsim wasn't it? They are my two favorites of all the professional dances. Tony Dovolani is excellent also. Unfortunately, I think all three of them will go out long before the finals.

Cheryl and Max's dance was hotter than Julio was. They oozed sex appeal. Very well done!

I'm not upset that the beauty queen got the boot last night, but I still feel Jerry Springer should have went before the beauty queen. Oh well, it's only a matter of another week or two, hopefully! :)

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name