Favorite Tribe Discussion...

KingOfRealityTV

Just kidding about the flaming and baiting, lets all get along now kids!!

Who is your favorite tribe so far?

I like the Asian tribe, they worked great together and kicked butt!!! Cowboy (Cao Boi) is a strange funny, and Becky is a cutie...

GO PUKA!!!!

Edited to appease Carvin and add Tribe name...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF the Asian team sticks together and the merge doesn't come too soon, I expect to see them go far. I was a bit confused with Cao Boi, then I realized that was the one his team is calling Cowboy. The younger ones need to give him some credit and not be too quick to judge based on his age.

The Hispanic team is strong too with the exception of the one bigger guy. He'd look a lot smarter if he stayed hush and did as he was told.

The Caucasian team has me worried. As for a showmance, I looked at the clock, we were 24 minutes into this episode when the ditzy little blonde too cold and had to snuggle, then we got the semi-petting scene and one of the other girls commenting that romance was in the air. Again, this team is cute young people and one "mature, intelligent, etc" male. (aka the Tom, Terry role) And then there was the chicken incident; not only did they steal one but they let them both go in no time. Not a great start.

The Black team, they are already self destructing or so it seems. Maybe next week will be different. They got rid of the right guy IMO; he was a lot of talk and no action. He freakin HAD smoke and decided to "take a break".

I think of this is an interesting start, but when the merge comes we'll see the racial division disappear and alliances formed based on the usual factors such as age, interests, strength, location (eg the two New York girls on the black team bonded quickly). It's too bad that 85% of these contestants were recruited this time.

Since they announced the contestants, I have deemed Cao Boi as my Bruce2.0. By far the most interesting, if only because he has a direct link to his "race", and his wicked tattoos (what canI say, I'm a sucker for good ink). But I cannot totally back Team Puka (Pooky?), the "lightest team" :lol:, 100%, just yet.

Just like in the challenge, the Asians and Hispanics are my tops. The Hispanic members seem like they really get along. I did not like Ozzy's statement that to be considered the leader is to be voted out early. True as it may be, I don't like the possibility of early floaters.

I was very sad that the Jazz Master was voted off. I wanted the Black team to do well. And they very well may now, kick serious ass. I liked Sekou's (sp?) goodbye note. Was is Sundra who said they were not black people on Survivor but a bunch on city slickers. That made me laugh.

Now I don't know if this is my race-deprecation, but unless they do something that really gets me, I don't see myself cheering for the white team. Maybe it was the chicken thing. Maybe it was that one of the women looked like she was looking at her manicure when the others were paddling the boat. Or maybe I agree with the hippie chick, besides being the all white team, it is a team of Survivor stereotypes: ambiguously gay guy, sororiety dippy chick, super thin student wearing knee/ thigh socks, fire dancer, and poor excuse for Tom3.0. I don't fill any of those roles, so I can't associate myself. Does that make me a race hypocrite?

:huh: francis.... yup

j/k

i dont have a favorite team yet.. and i dont think i will. i think i will end up liking different individuals. i really dont like when they have 4 teams cause the numbers are small to begin with and then people get eliminated.. one team can quickly become nothing.

hopefully they will mix it up within the next week or two and make two teams.

Awwww Fizzle is so cute! :) OK uhm hmmm... sorry about that!

I too dont have a favortie tribe yet either.

I also think they got rid of the right guy last night as well. I also like Cowboy as well.

I missed the 'hispanic' team opener where they are all from. I need to look it up.

I wonder if the black team may be at a disadvantage because a lot of challenges in Survivor involve heavy amounts of swimming and being in water. As we've seen on past survivors, black people usually aren't the best ones in water (remember Gervase?) Especially with all of them being city slickers, I doubt they have that much experience swimming.

I think I like the Hispanics, all my favorite fighters are Latino so it seemed like an easy choice.

For easy reference....

The Aitu tribe, Latino: J.P., Billy, Ozzy, Cecilia and Cristina

68x78_jp.jpg . 68x78_billy.jpg . 68x78_ozzy.jpg . 68x78_cecilia.jpg . 68x78_cristina.jpg

The Hiki tribe, African-American: Rebecca, Sekou, Stephannie, Sundra, Nate

68x78_rebecca.jpg . 68x78_sekou.jpg . 68x78_stephannie.jpg . 68x78_sundra.jpg . 68x78_nathan.jpg

The Puka tribe, Asian: Cao Boi, Yul, Becky, Brad and Jenny

68x78_cao.jpg . 68x78_yul.jpg . 68x78_becky.jpg . 68x78_brad.jpg . 68x78_jenny.jpg

The Raro tribe, Caucasian: Jessica, Jonathan, Candice, Parvati and Adam

68x78_jessica.jpg . 68x78_jonathan.jpg . 68x78_candice.jpg . 68x78_parvati.jpg . 68x78_adam.jpg

If I had to pick a favorite now I would say the Puka tribe. But I really like Stephannie from the Hiki tribe.

I agree with Fizzle, I'd really like to see them merge into 2 tribes.

I don't have a favorite tribe yet, either. I was leaning toward the Asian Tribe, because they seemed perky and I really like Cao boi's quirkyness, but after seeing the youngens lack of respect (and sense of humor going by the previews) I'm not so sure...I may hate them next week if they outcast him for being "different"...or I may decide he's too 'quirky' for my liking...

Also, judging by the previews, I had to laugh watching my people (the Latinos) already planning to throw the next challenge, just to vote off the dead weight guy Billy (LOL!!!).

And I was sorry to see Sekou go. He was just hillarious. First, when they had to choose someone to go to Exile Island, he pulls the other guy aside and excludes the women from deliberations. Then, he tells his buddy that the women would be crazy to vote either of the men off cuz they (the women) can't build a shelter or start a fire (forget the fact that they, the men, had not yet built said shelter or started said fire). Strike three...and this just near killed me with laughter...was when Sekou was pleading his case to Stephanie and asked her how would they (the women) keep the fire he built going if they voted him off, to what she answered "We don't have fire, yet", and he comes back, not missing a bit, with "that's okay, but I'm talking about when I get it going"...(I'm still LMAO, just re-playing that in my head)...I wished he would have stayed a little longer.

The white tribe made too many scatterbrained mistakes. I guess if I was white I'd wonder if they cast it like that on purpose, so it would not come off as the best of all tribes just so there's "political correctness", cuz, as we know, it is always okay to bash the white people LOL!...but still, there were just too many cliches in that tribe, as Rejuvenated pointed out...anyway, it's still early in the game, so we'll see. JMO

The Latinos are my favourites but that probably just means that they will do badly as whoever I like, normally does badly. I hope it doesn't happen this time.

But I believe that the Asian tribe will kick some ass!

I liked the Asian tribe best (Puka) I've liked all the individuals so far but found the guy they sent to the island to be annoying. Most of us eat chicken but he seemed to be so obssesed with killing them. I was cracking up when they ran away!

WOO HOO!!! GO PUKA!!!!

Another first place finish!!! Yul has the idol!!!!

Cao Boi, apply directly to the forehead

Cao Boi, apply directly to the forehead

Cao Boi, apply directly to the forehead...

HAHAHAHA PUKA IN YOR FACE SUCKA"S!!!!!!!

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name