I Like It

Katydidit

really dont like it. just tune in to see how much sterotypes they will play on.and everyone of them got put up

2 upv +

Maybe we need to watch that.

They all have the idea by now that they're representing 'their people'.

Is that a bad thing?

Bush sure doesn't represent me. Where's my group, my people?

I'd rather bet on those Causcasians than any war-monger.

I can't tho. I have other favorites. It's not exclusive on Survivor.

I'll be hangin' with the meek --- any day.

I find it interesting that the number of people in the tribes is five - making one person per tribe the "floater."

It'll be interesting to see how that plays out as people start to diminish, both within the group and altogether (i.e., when they merge)!

I still think the idea's dumb but am going to like the season anyway just because it's Survivor.

Seems like they won't let us hear that old Asian guy's jokes. Cowboy is back- this time he's a Vietnamese refugee.

Lol I thought the same thing SC :lol: . Cowboy is my favorite so far though.I need him to help get rid of my headaches :P

It's interesting that they picked people with very "cultural" names, this lead me to believe that most of the minorities were first generation immigrants. They seem to be for the most part natural born Americans (except for Cowboy). Wonder if they did that intentionally with the names.

wow one episode that was quick

Yes, the 4 Tribe set-up on ly lasted a week or two last season.

really dont like it. just tune in to see how much sterotypes they will play on.and everyone of them got put up

Are you saying you saw a lot of stereotyping? I really didn't. Cao Boi talked about it quite a bit on the Asian team as did the black men. If anything, the Caucasian girl who couldn't last one full episode with out a cute guy to snuggle up to was the most obvious stereotype. Didn't seem like we really saw that much of the Hispanic team. So much packed into so little time!

Do I like it? Of course! Am I particularly thrilled they divided them by ethnicity? Eh, i dont know. Being a white woman I found myself cheering for the WHITE people team...I didn't particularly like that feeling. Usually I will just cheer for which ever team I like the most! But since everyone is "representing" I feel like i need to root for my heritage! I don't like that... I can't wait till they form 2 tribes!! Then I can base my favorites on the teams dynamic not their race.

I think it's a good idea and will definitely be watching. I believe that many stereotypes will be debunked.

And in reality, how is this so different than the rooting for your country in the Olympics and other sporting events (Ryder Cup is coming up!)

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name