Episode 3.05: The Cost of Living (Eko-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Airdate: November 1, 2006

• 09/06 - This Eko-centric episode will feature a Nigerian woman named Amadi who is intuitive and strong and has a son, a violent warlord named Azi, and a sweet altar boy named Daniel. Source: SpoilerFix.com

• 1 month later...

• 10/16 - A delirious Eko wrestles with past demons; some of the castaways go to the Pearl station to find a computer they can use to locate Jack, Kate and Sawyer; Jack does not know who to trust when two of the Others are at odds with each other. Guest starring are Kiele Sanchez as Nikki, Rodrigo Santoro as Paulo, Michael Bowen as Pickett, Adetokumboh MCormack as Yemi, Muna Otaru as Amina, Hakeem Kae-Kazim as Emeka, Jermaine Scooter Smith as Daniel, Michael Robinson as trader, Ariston Green as guard, Lawrence Jones as soldier and Alicia Young as blind woman. Source: ABC

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a photo from the preview for next week of Mr. McCreepy, who is seen by Nikki and Locke in the video screen... :unsure: He's probably really ticked that someone has his glass eye! ;)

• 10/25 - Next week, a major character (as in a series regular) whose name is not Sawyer will join Boone, Shannon, Ana Lucia and Libby in the big island in the sky. And you're not going to believe who it is. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

All I have to say is it better not be Locke!! The previews make you think its going to be Eko but I don't totally trust them anymore... I vote for Nikki to bite it, but then she's not a series regular :(

The LOST preview clips are now available for tonight's episode and they are doozies.

One is an Eko clip, which definitely foreshadows who will be biting the dust tonight,

and the other one is a Colleen's funeral clip and it is totally wild! Think white and wacky;) .

Enjoy!

clip one

clip two

You'd think they could just have said... "Oh you crashed, fix Ben and we'll send you on your way!" <_< But Nooooo, we had to drag it out forever!

And whats with that black thing! <_< Who was the patch guy and I really don't like those new people. <_<

the black smoke thing sucks, im glad mr eko refused to confess cause i think he's a good man too :(

and the eye patch dude: he kinda reminded me of the movie Signs when they finally show the alien on tv at the mexican birthday party

i kinda like the new girl lostie, i hope her boyfriend bites it soon

and although i love Lost, its difficult to love something that's about to be GONE for thirteen weeks :angry:

Oh no, not Mr. Eko --- oh, I so liked that character. Oh well.

I thought the young boy who played Eko being pressured by the Nun was a great look-alike.

I took the black cloud to be the essence of evil. Sort of like the creepies in the movie Ghost.

I also noticed some interesting lines last night.

Locke says "We'll catch up to them. We're all going to the same place." Five seconds of silence and then you hear (in the background) "You're home, father."

Locke says "Don't mistake coincidence for fate."

Later, when Jack asked Ben if he believed in God, Ben spoke of the coincidence/fate of Jack, a spinal surgeon, arriving on the island. "If that's not proof of God, I don't know what is."

And finally, the woman saying to Eko, "You owe Yemi one church."

I guess that's why he built the church on the island. One question answered.

Contains Spoilers from Episode 3.05: The Cost of Living

Smoke monster menaces Mr. Eko and Jack learns he was right about Ben on ABC's `Lost'

By Erin Carlson

NEW YORK - Two "Lost" tough guys, Mr. Eko and Ben, showed surprising vulnerability as both confronted personal demons on the ABC drama. One even wound up face-to-face with the show's deadliest monster. Those who have yet to watch Wednesday's episode are advised to stop reading.

An injured Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) had a vision of his brother, Yemi, a Nigerian priest. "It is time to confess. ... I will be waiting. You know where to find me," Yemi told Eko.

Eko, overcome by fatigue and fear, trudged clumsily through the jungle on his way to a downed small plane that held Yemi's body. His visions continued as That Thing

I wasn't crazy about last night's episode either...I'm still trusting J.J. to deliver, but I'm feeling like Locke in that I'm not as solid in my faith anymore :unsure: .

Last night's episode backs a hunch I've had for awhile- that the "dark cloud" has the ability to take the forms of people or things from their past (Jack's dad,Eko's brother,Kate's horse, and maybe even Dave!), and that, instead of being just a type of guardian of the island, it also can serve as a judge and executioner. It seems to have a "black and white" mentality- that is, right is right and wrong is wrong, and there is no in-between.

Thinking back to Locke's first encounter with the cloud- we were led to believe it was a good encounter and Locke was rejuvenated by it. Then, during his second encounter, the cloud attempted to pull him underground. What was different between the two encounters? To the cloud, Locke had caused the death of someone!(Boone)

So if this theory is true, those that have killed someone, or have been indirectly involved in the killing of someone are in danger. As far as we know, that would be: Sun (Colleen), Charlie (Ethan), Sawyer (the wrong Sawyer), Sayid (lots of people), Kate (her step-dad and her childhood friend), Locke (Boone). We don't if Jack has yet...unless he purposely kills Ben on the operating table! Claire is the only one I can think of that hasn't directly or indirectly killed anyone (as far as we know). Let's hope that Paolo & Nikki killed someone at sometime and that they go next ;) .

Anyway, this would explain why the black cloud told Eko "We're Next".

Two more thoughts:

I'm still not trusting Juliet just yet...there's something about her that unsettles me. And I keep remembering what Ben said to Sawyer about Sawyer's conning abilities- "you're good, we're much better."

Juliet the fertility doctor, baby-snatching, kids missing, Pickett telling Sawyer that the only reason he's not dead yet is because they still need him, and then the big preview for next week showing Kate & Sawyer all hot and heavy and then Sawyer getting ready to be executed- all these things make me wonder if the reason they needed him was to impregnate Kate, and with that being done, he is no longer needed. It definitely seems like a far-fetched theory, but anything's possible on this island!

When it came up behind him at the river, maybe it left quickly because Locke, Sayid and Co. were coming.

Maybe at times we aren't as pleased with an episode if it tends to focus on someone or a plot we're not very interested in.I mean Eko was ok but farrrrrrrrr from holding my personal interest beyond seeing him occasionally & briefly.

I think Juliette's little stint with the movie/cards was yet another load of BS from the Others.Careful Jack!

So far every OTHER weeks held my attention.Next week looks great.*chants*SAWYER!SAWYER!SAWYER! B)

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Lost

by Angel Cohn

November 1, 2006: Does It Hurt?

Remember last week when I was wondering where the monster was? Well it's back

Jem...thanks for the cliffnotes version.... I missed the show. Kicked myself in the...well... I missed the show. Eko's dead...for sure? Jack has the upper hand with Ben. Juliette...cute as she is...isn't worth a second thought. Locke....been wondering about him for sometime now.... There's a lot more going on there than meets the eye. Locke...(twists mustache...with German accent....) Very interesting....

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name