The Pretender

Stargazer

Was anybody a fan? My husband & I loved this show.....

The Pretender

PretenderS2.jpg

Premiered September 1, 1996

Show Category: Action/Adventure , Science-Fiction

The Pretender is the story of Jarod, a boy-genius taken from his family as a child. Jarod possesses the ability to quickly learn and impersonate different jobs and occupations. His abductors, a facility simply known as The Centre, tested his abilities through various simulations.

But after years of these performances, Jarod becomes wise to the fact that these simulations aren't being used to help people. The Centre sells the sims to the highest bidder to do with as they please, whether it is for good or evil purposes. Knowing this, he breaks free from his captors. Now, as an adult, Jarod sets out to find his family. Along the way, he befriends many people, righting any wrong by using his abilities to become anyone he wants to be.

But the Centre has a lot invested in Jarod, and they won't give him up easily. They recruit Sydney, his father-figure and trainer all through his time growing up in The Centre. Sydney is the only man who is so close to Jarod, he knows how he thinks. Also in pursuit is Miss Parker, Jarod's childhood friend whose father runs The Centre. Both are aided by Broots, a nervous computer whiz who is always going above and beyond the call of duty (whether he wants to or not).

Show History

The Pretender ran for four years on NBC and then went into syndication on TNT and various non-cable stations. TNT also co-produced two Pretender movies with Twentieth Century Fox TV. The Pretender 2001 premiered on TNT Monday, January 22, 2001 at 8PM. The second movie, The Pretender: Island of the Haunted, premiered on TNT Monday, December 10, 2001 at 8PM ET/PT.

Guest Rebekah

Another fan here. I am shocking myself as to the amount of tv shows I have watched. :shock: I did watch this show a lot the first few years it was on air.

Guest bcwms

Rebekah were we ever twins in another life??? :shock: I've been reading the Sci-Fi show mssg brd and we have watched alot of the same shows. Loved Michael T Weiss, even enjoyed Ms Parker. Then there's Enterprise, Stargate Atlantis, BB, SG1 - can't wait for my Ben B to be on screen again :D. I'm so excited :clap

Guest Rebekah
Rebekah were we ever twins in another life??? :shock: I've been reading the Sci-Fi show mssg brd and we have watched alot of the same shows.  Loved Michael T Weiss, even enjoyed Ms Parker.  Then there's Enterprise, Stargate Atlantis, BB, SG1 - can't wait for my Ben B to be on screen again  :D.  I'm so excited  :clap

LOL, I do love sci-fi! Good to know there are others who love the same shows. :P I can't wait for the new season shows to begin. Bring them on already!