Double Standard

BadAssJanie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SCRebel,

After people have mentioned that these words bother then, by using them I think you are showing a lack of respect in general. I find it offensive.

Thank you for containing yourself.

My opinion on the topic:

I agree, there is no way to offend and hurt a guy the same was you can with just a few words for a women. Who are we kidding? Personally, physical injuries hurt less than words if said to me by people I care about.

Clean up on aisle 2 and 3! (Check)

Back to our regularly scheduled programming. :D

I was actually thinking about this today as I was driving to jury duty. For there to be an equivelent word for males, it would have to match the meaning of the 'C' word for females.

So what does the 'C' word mean to females? well I am not female, but my take is to call someone by that name, you are implying that is all she is. She's worthless as a human being except for that one particular thing. I can understand why this would be such an insult to women.

So what is the male equivelent? I actually could not think of one. The obvious, the 'D' word, doesn't really work because males consider that a status symbol. The closest you can come is to insulting a male's manhood. Refering to a grown man as a 'boy' for instance, has a similar bite to it, but like I said. I couldn't really come up with a word that matches the 'C' word. Sorry girls.

Archived