For literati:

samg

As a huge fan of Socrates, I have to add a few of his quotes which deeply apply to this game.....

There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.

I do nothing but go about persuading you all, old and young alike, not to take thought for your persons or your properties, but and chiefly to care about the greatest improvement of the soul. I tell you that virtue is not given by money, but that from virtue comes money and every other good of man, public as well as private. This is my teaching, and if this is the doctrine which corrupts the youth, I am a mischievous person.

And my favorite:

Do we love something because it is beautiful or is it beautiful because we love it?

I apologize if some of you don't "get" these. I am all about Socrates, Plato and the such. IMO, Socrates was the wisest philosopher ever to be recorded in written form.

Watching the meltdown of a strong woman and her timely departure from the game, I thought about the commentation from the Dali Llama in "The Sunflower". After he & his followers had been beaten, jailed and tortured, he commented that he held no ill will towards anyone. When asked how he could be so forgiving, he simply replied that if he could not forgive them, who would forgive him.

Being a GI-NORMOUS Stephen King fan, one quote that I love for myself and can paraphrase for Will is :The tust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool" and "Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty."

Finally, when George evicted Howie in order to save Erika (and Danielle), the eloquent Mr. King said, "It's better ti be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost."

BTW - if you haven't yet, please read "On Writing"...and bring a hi-lighter. :D

"There is no good or evil, only power and those too afraid to seize it."

--- Professor Quirrel

(of course he had You-Know-Who poking out of the back of his head when he said that.)

Added after Will's eviction, Erika's telling MB "checkmate" and The Booger's face like a lost fawn in headlights:

"You think you've deceived me,

Well here's a surprise:

I know that you did

'cause there's magic in my eyes!"

Archived