Teri Hatcher as Susan Mayer

Teri Hatcher Exclusive: What Divorce Has Taught Her

ETonline.com

TERI HATCHER is fighting the power -- woman power that is! The "Desperate Housewives" star traded in TV for the theater Thursday night as she gave a one-night-only performance in the critically acclaimed play The Vagina Monologues. We headed backstage with the Emmy-winning actress as she opened up about being a single mom and a single woman since her divorce from JON TENNEY just two years ago.

"I've learned so much, but I'm not sure if it's from being divorced," Teri tells ET. "You start to understand what it is you really want out of life and what's important."

Teri says after nearly two years of no work, the ABC show has caused her to regain some of her confidence. "It's layered our level of confidence and some days are better days and some days you feel insecure," she says. "Every day when I work on a scene I think, 'Is this funny? Am I doing a good job? Will people like this? Do I like this?'"

Teri took the star-studded stage along with MO'NIQUE, "Melrose Place" alum LAURA LEIGHTON, LISA RINNA and JILLIAN BARBERIE. The famous ladies joined forces and performed the EVE ENSLER hit show to raise money and awareness for the 2005 Worldwide V-Day Campaign to end violence against women. Teri has been involved with the cause for many years and says she feels lucky to be a part of it.

"I actually said to my daughter before I left the house, 'Thank you for letting me leave you here for a couple of hours when I would like to be cuddling with you and putting you to bed, but I'm going to go and raise money and help a lot of women who haven't been as lucky as us,'" she says. "So it's nice to be able to share that with my daughter."

Hollywood heavy-hitter PENNY MARSHALL directed the talented women in the Obie-winning production, and the proceeds will benefit The HerShe Group. The money raised at the 1100 worldwide V-Day benefit events will also be donated to the 2005 V-Day Worldwide Campaign and Women of Iraq: Under Siege.

Meanwhile, Teri's hot ABC dramedy will return with all new episodes on Sunday, March 27!

TERI FINDS HER DREAM MAN

Source - Contact Music

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES star TERI HATCHER has found her perfect match in EXTREME MAKEOVER's cosmetic dentist DR WILLIAM DORFMAN. Romance sparked between the couple after a mutual friend brought them together, and friends of Hatcher believe that the relationship is serious.

A friend says, "William is perfect for Teri. He's a real guy and Teri is very attracted to that. She thinks he's sweet, nurturing and fun to be with. "He 'gets' her and he's nice and normal - definitely not a flake."

Bidder Pays $100K for 'Housewives' Lunch

By MICHAEL CIDONI

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - While there's no such thing as a free lunch, especially in Hollywood, this may be a new budget-busting record: The tab for six, including "Desperate Housewives" star Teri Hatcher? $100,000.

That's what an anonymous female bidder shelled out Thursday night at The Beverly Hilton hotel in an auction to benefit the Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation. The $750-a-head fundraiser was part of an evening paying tribute to the charity's chairman emeritus, director Steven Spielberg.

Hatcher, in a red lace Dolce & Gabbana dress, kicked off her shoes and hopped on stage to help the auctioneer move the original offering of lunch for four, plus Hatcher. When the bidding hit $35,000, the actress served up a bonus. "I'm gonna add Jamie Denton," she said, referring to the hunky "Housewives" actor who plays the Hatcher character's boyfriend, Mike. "And he's gonna rub the shoulders of any woman at this lunch with me," Hatcher continued. "That's gotta be worth at least another 10."

The bidding went to $50,000, then jumped to and closed at $100,000, after which Hatcher promised, "It will be the best lunch of your life. I will make sure of it." On the arrivals line, Hatcher told Associated Press Television News that she first became aware of Starlight Starbright because she had a friend on the charity's board of directors. "They really bring brightness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hatcher Says She's a Lot Like Character

Entertainment - AP Gossip/Celebrity

NEW YORK - Teri Hatcher has a lot in common with her character on ABC's "Desperate Housewives"

• 2 weeks later...

HATCHER'S HUNK

By BRADEN KEIL

April 30, 2005 -- "Desperate Housewives" star Teri Hatcher didn't look quite so desperate when she was spotted leaving a hot Chelsea nightclub at 3 a.m. yesterday holding hands with a young, tattooed stud.

And spies say she looked quite contented when she was kissing and cuddling the Vans-wearing mystery hipster inside Cain as she partied with pals including reality-TV star Brittny Gastineau, daughter of Jets star Mark Gastineau. Before our lensman snapped the lovebugs out on the street, the couple did the Thursday-night party circuit, hitting a Tribeca Film Festival party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel, and then winding up at the South African-themed nightclub on West 27th Street - which has hosted the likes of Mariah Carey, Rosario Dawson, Luke Wilson, Paris Hilton and Donald Trump.

According to witnesses, Hatcher and her squeeze showed up with a few friends. And when she wasn't dancing with the young un' who brung her, she apparently conducted a penetrating analysis of the lad's tonsils. "She was making out with a shorter, bearded man with a lot of tattoos," said one patron. "They were dancing, kissing, drinking and doing a lot of cuddling."

Another witness described Hatcher and her unidentified paramour as "looking like they were very much in love."

The 40-year-old femme fatale recently revealed that she's looking for more than a good romp - though she has no trouble pulling young guys now that she's a small-screen siren.

"I feel like I'm too old to just have sex," she told InStyle magazine. "I mean, I want to have sex, but with somebody who really loves and gets me."

Her reps did not return calls yesterday.

They link this woman with so many men! Most of them I dont even bother posting!

Teri takes up with lensman

By Inside Track

NOT-so-desperate housewife Teri Hatcher's new boy-toy is a fashion photographer who was once beaten up by a male model. The New York Post reports that hard-bodied Hatcher has been hot and heavy with photographer Jim Macari, 30, whom she hooked up with after he shot her for the cover of Glamour magazine. Sources say that not long before he hooked up with Hatcher, Macari mixed it up with male model Clarence Fuller in a restaurant in the East Village and was dealt a serious ass-whuppin'. Best not let him near Bree. . . .

• 2 months later...
Guest ranster627

TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

BURNT OFFERINGS: me how it feels to have a second chance at 40," says Hatcher, a self-proclaimed onetime has-been. "With this book, I hope to reach everyone that I don't bump into on the street and share my story." In related news, Howie Long is now a Borders stock boy.

• 2 months later...

STARS GIVE LACOSTE A NEW LOOK

TERI HATCHER, LISA KUDROW, COURTENEY COX, TOM HANKS and ROD STEWART are among the stars giving Lacoste's famous crocodile symbol a new look for charity.

The quintet are among the celebrities putting their own artistic spin on the classic Lacoste polo shirt in a bid to raise funds for the fight against paediatric AIDS.

The shirts will be unveiled later this month (October 20) at Barneys New York in Beverly Hills and will be auctioned off online at Lacoste.com/usa.

All proceeds from the charity auction will benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric Aids Foundation.

Source

• 6 months later...

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Housewives' Star Hatcher Suffers Eye Injury

An exploding lightbulb on set was not a bright idea

April 26 2006

LOS ANGELES -- Argh! Teri Hatcher be wearin' an eye patch, me hearties.

No, the "Desperate Housewives" star isn't giving a preview of the spring's new pirate-chic look, but is recovering from an eye injury sustained Tuesday (April 25) on the set of her hit ABC show, reports People.

The actress was present when a light bulb exploded unexpectedly on set.

"Glass lodged in my right eye and proceeded to scratch my cornea," Hatcher describes in gruesome detail. "I was taken to a wonderful eye doctor, and am now wearing a most glamorous eye patch over the right half of my face."

Despite her skewed depth perception and a sneaking suspicion that people are making faces in her obstructed periphery, Hatcher is staying optimistic. She expects to return to work in two days and is attempting to "see" the humor "in the oddity of it all."

Because of her mishap, she wasn't able to attend a party Tuesday night for the AmberWatch Foundation, for which she's a spokeswoman. The foundation is dedicated to preventing child abduction and molestation. In March the 41-year-old actress publicly revealed that as a child she was molested by her uncle.

people55x23.jpg

Medical Injury News

Hatcher's 'Desperate' Set Injury

by Mike Fleeman

teri-hatcher_eye.jpg

Teri Hatcher

Teri Hatcher's right eye was injured when a light bulb exploded on the "Desperate Housewives" set on Tuesday, April 25, People magazine reports. Hatcher says she should be back to production in two days and explains, "I'm in some pain, but trying to see the humor in the oddity of it all. No one was at fault."

"Glass lodged in my right eye and proceeded to scratch my cornea," the actress tells People exclusively. "I was taken to a wonderful eye doctor, and now am wearing a most glamorous eye patch over the right half of my face. I like to look at the positive and the good news is, the cornea is the fastest healing tissue in the body."

The 'Housewives' star was scheduled to appear at the AmberWatch Foundation launch party in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, due to her injury, she was unable to attend the event. Hatcher is the new spokesperson for the organization, which is dedicated to the prevention of child abduction and molestation. People was one of the sponsors of the launch event.

Hatcher's injury is not the first 'Housewives' mishap. Last year, Eva Longoria was injured after being "bumped on the head by something" while filming a scene on location at Pasadena City College. At the time, TV's "Access Hollywood" reported the accident was caused when a pole fell on the petite actress. Paramedics were called to the scene and the 'Desperate' diva was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.