Idea for CBS RE: Flames

BoneJones00

Should CBS stop using Flames for Singing, but use them on Thursday nights to hide results?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should CBS stop using Flames for Singing, but use them on Thursday nights to hide results?

• Yes
    • No

I just had a thought, yes, rare but they happen.

What if CBS talked to all the record companies about the singing and simply worked out special contracts regarding the songs, then, with less flames there, they can keep flames going from the start of the show on EST on Thursday nights to after it shows on PST so everyone is surprised to find out who was evicted and all that fun stuff. The ADDITIONAL 2 hours added to the live show to extend the flames probably matches the singing flames.

do you know how many songs there are in the world.. and how many people have the rights to those songs??? no way would they be able to get permission for all songs. i can see why we get fish if they sing.

they should fine the houseguest everytime they sing.. maybe then they wouldnt do it on purpose.

as for the rest of what you were saying.. :blink:

LMAO...that was a confusing post :lol:

But I think he was saying the westcoasters miss out on the show because they can see the feeds right after the east coast show plays, so they already know who was evicted.

BB may as well just leave the live feeds on during the live show.

That's the whole problem with the RIAA and the music industry. You shouldn't have to pay royalties for singing a song on live feeds, it's just stupid, but any chance the music industry gets to make money, they take it. They are technically taking the live feeder's money because their rules are forcing the feeds to flames and they lost out on some of the live feeds because of it.

As for fining them, since it is much more likely then the law changing regarding royalties, sounds like a good idea. But someone somewhere back in another post mentioned that they should start with ther 500,000 dollars, take away when they break rules and add with competitions. I like that idea, however, maybe keep an individual tab per player on deductions and add-ins that they earn by team. Example, Team A wins $10,000 and Team B loses the competition...BUT...Player 2 from Team A sang yesterday so that is -$1,000.00 so while the rest of the team gets $510,000 if they win, he only gets $509,000 and Team B only gets $500,000. It sounds a little complicated but it really isnt.

As for the OG post, i was totally confused. If a mod can please delete the poll and all but the last few posts and move those three to the "Big Brother 8" post as these are ideas for BB8 and should go there?

Thanks

i have an easy solution for the west coast people... DONT WATCH THE FEEDS or COME HERE until you have watched the thrusday night show!!!!

wow. thats easy eh? if you want it to be a surprise... dont get on the computer until after the show airs!

:lol::lol::lol: its not the east coasts fault... why should we suffer!

Pretty tough race! Almost neck and neck!

I work at an All-Star Cheer gym while BB is on - with the exceptions of Sundays. So I record it - as soon as I get home - I don't turn on the feeds or get on the boards so that I won't know anything until I see the show. I won't even talk to my husband since he watched it while I was working. Everyone in my house knows they better not mess with me until I watch the show!

The idea about leaving the feeds on while they're singing and coming to an agreement on royalties is a good one-----but probably unworkable. Any time lawyers, contracts, royalties, etc. are involved it becomes a huge unmanagable deal. On Housecalls the other day Arnold Shapiro was saying that even "Happy Birthday" was copyrighted. Can you imagine trying to make an agreement with all of the record companies and independent labels, plus the estates of whoever renewed the copyrights for songs like "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" and all of those? And the biggest reason it wouldn't work is that CBS would rather screw us over by cutting the feeds than have to pay out money for permission to use the songs.

Archived