Cecilia Masilla

Dade

68x78_cecilia.jpg

Cecilia Masilla

Oakland, CA

Technology Risk Consultant

biography

Born and raised in Arequipa, Peru, Cecilia Mansilla moved to the San Francisco area when she was 15 years old and learned English when she was 16 years old. She secured college scholarships to all the schools where she applied and ultimately received her Bachelor's Degree in international relations with a double minor in Japanese and Spanish literature from the University of California, Davis.

Mansilla currently works as a technology risk consultant for a professional services firm in San Francisco. She has previously worked as a management consultant.

Mansilla's hobbies include black and white photography, dancing and working out regularly. Her heroes are her parents for having sacrificed a comfortable life in Peru to allow their children greater opportunities in the U.S. She hopes to become involved in charities for real life survivors and would like to mentor young girls on pursuing higher education and career goals.

Mansilla currently resides in Oakland, California. Her birth date is January 13, 1977

CBS.COM

• 4 weeks later...

only female in group not good

if there is two the other is missing like ericka in the first few weeks of bb

CUT

Oh Fizzy, I know the diff between a rabbit and a ferret....

The other day, You admitted to being the Rabbit lady near my office, so stick with the script... Or at least fill me in on the re writes....

ACTION

• 2 weeks later...

We obviously missed some of the plotting, why was the decision made to target her as an option against Becky? Targeting two females was clearly an assumption that they were weaker than the guys but seriously, Cao Boi? He is a nice guy but no stronger than those two women physically. Jessica/Flicka would have been an easier target, maybe they see how wishy washy she is and plan to just use her as a vote for a while. Too bad Cecilia had to go, she had some potential.

I like this game a lot more when we have less players. I really did not get a good feel on Cecila or why they chose to vote her out. And why Becky. I feel I am missing stuff when the pool of people is so big.

I like people that are original and I was liking Flicka but she is not a very good players. She is the Chicken George of the game just wanted to like everyone and confused on how to play the game.

flicka should have gone before cecilia. what did she ever do? she seemed to me to be a stronger competitor. i was very shocked to see her and becky on the hot seat. but i was happy to see her go and becky stay.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Cecilia Sounds Off on Her Short Survivor Stay

by Angel Cohn

061005interview2.jpg

Cecilia Mansilla, Survivor: Cook Islands

Some Survivors make a big impression right out of the gate, and others take a while to come to the forefront. So while Aitu oddball Billy made for memorable TV, his former tribemate, Cecilia Mansilla, was just starting to come out of her shell when the buffs were dropped and the teams were shuffled, and suddenly she found her torch getting snuffed out. TVGuide.com asked Cecilia about her brief Survivor: Cook Islands stay and her strategy that failed.

TVGuide.com: I feel like we didn't really get to know you that well.

Cecilia Mansilla: I know. That's a bummer. It was too quick.

TVGuide.com: Did you see your ouster coming?

Cecilia: I knew, and to be honest, I just kind of gave up.

TVGuide.com: You didn't try a last-ditch-effort strategy?

Cecilia: No. Ozzy and I were a two-for-one. I approached Sundra and she was good with that, and both Cao Boi and Flicka said, "Don't even talk strategy to me. We've got to do what is best for the tribe to keep us strong." So I spent a lot of time bonding and chatting and getting to know her. I didn't spend so much time getting to know Cao Boi, which I should have. She only flipped because Cao Boi flipped.

TVGuide.com: But were you upset that they flipped?

Cecilia: No. You could tell from my face at tribal that I was fine. I had already had an amazing experience, and yes, I could have done with a lot more of it, but I was good. I was starting to get sick and I was thinking I'd get out of there before I had to spend another night on the ground with rats on my head.

TVGuide.com: The Cook Islands looked like a stunning location, so at least that must have been nice.

Cecilia: Oh, yeah, it was beautiful. Usually on Survivor, people are complaining that they are starving, but I don't know what happened to them because we got food and we were eating every day. We got two chickens and we even had to decide if we should let a chicken go because we already ate a lot. There was a point where we sent chickens back into the wild. On my original tribe, almost everybody worked really hard for us to stay strong and stay happy and have fun.

TVGuide.com: Do you have any regrets about throwing last week's challenge in order to vote Billy out?

Cecilia: I've been going back and forth on it. I have regrets because to be in Billy shoes and see this happening and to see his team lose because of him [is sad], but his attitude was detrimental to the health of the tribe. In that sense, I feel bad that we did it, but we really had to do it. A lot of people talk about maybe [not wanting] to get rid of numbers, but it was very unlikely he would have been on my tribe [when we switched]. And we already felt that as soon as we merged

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name