The show is NOT rigged! (LOL)

wish now that I could take it back because when they showed the replay of the comp, it was clear that Booger's light malfunctioned at the same time Janie gave the wrong answer. In other words, CBS was right to re-do the entire comp. Humble pie tastes like shit btw!

So what? She still missed the question and shouldn't have played in the do-over.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what? She still missed the question and shouldn't have played in the do-over.

Right answer or wrong answer, it's only fair to let everyone do it over if the game was malfunctioning when she answered.

anybody else worried that if they have a timed individual comp BB might not let either us or the houseguests see the timer?

No. If the timer adds to the drama, they'll show it. If it distracts, then they won't. Like moosie said, let's just enjoy the show and quit arguing about if it's rigged or not.

Ken Lay rigged gas prices and used creative accounting to artificially inflate the value of Enron stock in excess of their true worth and the SEC who was in charge of oversight figured if the stock was doing well, then why are people complaining - just enjoy the 'show' and quit complaining. Like people either assumed that what Enron wanted them to see was actually true or they didn't care because the stock was rising and that was all that mattered to them.

Not saying that's the case here, or that the stakes are equally severe but that CBS/BB does seem to have the power to give off the appearance of fairness without having to actually provide fairness - the cost in every case of appearances not mirroring reality is that people get the wrong message of what it takes to prevail, and that consumers are deprived of the efforts the provider would otherwise have to make to earn their business - like with Enron, instead of brainstorming ways to generate business they just brainstormed ways to make it look like they did have business; in the case of BB, maybe they should be brainstorming ways of generating interest in the show with use of a more diverse group of characters or with the use of more interesting competitions or activities instead of PERHAPS brainstorming ways to keep the fan favorite in the competition. I mean, maybe the producers are overrelying on Janelle's fan popularity because they're cheap and greedy and don't want to spend their money on creative people to drum up fresh ideas that would cost even more money to implement. Maybe that's not the case, but I heard the apprentice made $100million profit the first season and the prize was only $250k. How much $ is Shapiro actually raking in?

Like I don't know if the BB producers are actually manipulating anything, but I am suspicious and sloth and greed are usually at the root of cheating and people tend to get hurt.

(Edited) PS Janelle won the most recent competition fair and square, just elaborating on my response to granny :)

I knew what Enron and Ken Lay were but hardly see what they did on an equal plane with violating an FCC gameshow regulation. Enjoying a television show despite grumblings of rigging competitions for ratings doesn't come anywhere close to ignoring blatantly illegal business practices in energy distribution.

Yes, $-wise and in terms of # of people affected I agree it's nowhere near the same.

Who it might affect similarly are the contestants that MIGHT have been adversely affected by any POSSIBLE manipulations by the BB producers. And if millions of people get the wrong message of what it takes to prevail on a show that's supposed to be analogous to a business environment then that can be detrimental to society but in an unquantifiable way. With cheating in schools and personal debt due to people wanting to keep up with appearances at an all-time high, MAYBE they're part of the problem rather than the solution (?)

PS By the way I really respect your posts granny, I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't think you knew about Enron I was just trying to point out the similarities and didn't express that very well :)

Big Brother is like the film Best in Show. A general script is provided...with competitions and other variables (such as Big Brother speaking to them in the diary room), that gear contestants in a certain direction. The question is...is the conclusion prewritten? I'd say maybe a couple of different scenarios.

I know,, i know. We don't want to believe it. But come on. CBS just happened to fly the coloniel in with a bucket of chicken by CHANCE that George would be the second one evicted last night. They were just that sure that he wouldn't win HOH.

I'm not the biggest Janelle fan, but i know she is smarter than she is being portrayed. I mean she can't really believe that Will would take her over Boogie. This was her perfect chance to seperate the two. What does she do, listen to Will. What did Erika do? Listen to Will. Of course Erika was gonna win that POV and take herself off.

If i'm right about this season, here's how the rest of it will play out.

Boogie wins HOH and puts up Erika and Janelle,, telling each that they are the pawn.

Of course Janelle wins POV and Will has to go up.

Janelle votes out Erika.

Will, Boogie, Janelle = Final three and Janelle not surprisingly wins HOH.

Bye bye Boogie. - Will and Janelle in final two. That's what the producers want and that's what most of the fans want.

By a vote of 4 to 3, Will you have won Big Brother All Stars.

Sadly enough, I to believe that is how it's gonna go down.

I am a big fan of Janelles but, she has majorly screwed up.

I wish she would get a clue but, I know that's not gonna happen.

(deep down tho, I still have an ounce of hope that she wises up)

She needs to win HOH and boot Will out.....

Archived