ST: Enterprise

ART VAN DELAY

Guest ranster627

Thanks Jedi ... I think you may be right that we will be satisfied ...

I wonder if the last episode will end with Kirk reciting ... "These are the voyages ..." lol

Would bring things full circle ...

Guest ranster627
May 6

Obviously I am not a Trekkie so I have to ask. What is xenophoblic? Is that someone who is afraid of Xena, Warrior Princess?

Yes I know that is a :roll: , but I just couldn't resist.

Ha Ha Ha ... in this context it refers to a group afraid / hateful of alien cultures ... basically "Earthers First" you could say ... a parody of similar groups in culture that are out there these days ...

Guest XandraSkye
Thanks, Ranster for giving the definition because even though I think Gaytor was kidding, I really didn't know what it meant and felt a little silly asking. Now I don't have to. :D

Guest ranster627

Enterprise Spoiler

regarding Mirror Universe Episodes, yet to be aired!

do

not

read

if

you

want

a

surprise

In surfing Trek and other sites, they say the Mirror Universe episodes of Enterprise will take place fully in that universe, with no crossovers ... it will be backgrounder to set the scene for Mirror, Mirror of the original Trek!

• 1 month later...
Guest ranster627

Anyone catch the finale of Enterprise???

Wow, major character killed ... and what a twist with Riker and Deana ...

and the ending with the three captain's voiceovers! ... topnotch I say!

Is the "Trek" Over?

By Joal Ryan

Something approaching good, cold Vulcan logic tells the son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry that there's nothing to worry about with Friday's final voyage of Enterprise. "Star Trek will never die," Eugene W. Roddenberry says. "It's a cash cow for Paramount." At present, though, the cow is tapped out.

Star Trek: Enterprise signs off after posting record-low ratings for the series and the franchise. Heading into the finale, the four-year-old UPN series has averaged 2.7 million viewers, paltry even by the netlet's standards.

Elsewhere, the Trek universe doesn't look any brighter. There's no new series in the offing. There's no new movie in the can.

For the first time since the late-1970s, when Paramount Pictures turned a failed NBC series into the then-most expensive movie ever made, 1979's Star Trek: The Motion Picture, the wheels have fallen off Gene Roddenberry's "Wagon Train to the stars."

But even as obituaries are written, it's hard to find a Trekker, insider or outsider, who really, truly believes the journey is over. "The fact that we're going two or three or four years without a television series, and the fact that the specifics of the next movie are not locked down, in no way means that Star Trek as a franchise is over," Rick Berman said in a telephone press conference last month.

Berman is executive producer of Enterprise, a credit he's had on every Trek series since The Next Generation.

To the current keeper of the franchise flame, Star Trek isn't dead or dying--it's tired.

Guest ranster627

01.jpg

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Star Trek: Enterprise

I've been a Trek fan since the early days of The Next Generation, so it's gonna be a little weird not to be able to tune into the universe Gene Roddenberry created. Let's face it, though, Enterprise had its problems. And if this were the end of Season 2, I would've been pretty fine saying "Take care!" to this series. But dammit, somehow executive producer Manny Coto did indeed turn this sucker around. What a shame. If Season 4 had occurred two years earlier, there'd likely be three more seasons to go at this point. But since time travel doesn't actually exist (I think), we can't go back and change the past, and thus, the final two episodes aired on Friday.

"Terra Prime," the first, was indicative of the improved state of Enterprise. No doubt that Starfleet and alien integration would survive, but

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Insider

Trek Star Fires off Parting Shots

by Michael Logan

Star Trek: Enterprise is now history, but it wasn't the only thing that died the night of May 13. Cmdr. Trip Tucker, one of the UPN show's most popular characters, set off an explosion in the series finale that was meant to kill evil aliens, but he wound up killing himself as well.

"At first I was shocked and a little miffed at the choice that was made," says Connor Trinneer, who played Trip. "But, selfishly, things worked out for me. I'm the only one who went out with a bang... no pun intended. I got the goodbye no one else did."

Most of the Enterprise regulars were cheated out of airtime to make room for juicy, highly hyped guest stints by Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis of Star Trek: The Next Generation. "I wanted us all to have the big M*A*S*H moment

• 1 month later...
Guest Rebekah

Finally saw the final episode. Month late but better than never. I knew Trip was going to die but still sad when it happened. Nice touch to have three different captains say the "boldy go where no one has gone before". I didn't get into Enterprise as much as the other ST series, even with the hunky Scott Bakula as captain. The fourth season was by far the best of Enterprise. Wish it could have lasted a bit longer. I am sad the ST era is over. :(

Guest ranster627

I am so with you on that ... one thought though ... although I was happy to see Riker and Troi connect it all together, their on screen time stole time from the Enterprise crew in my opinion ... should have been stretched ... and Trip's death reminded me of Tasha Yar's on TNG, a meaningless death!

Guest Rebekah

Absolutely, ranster, the presence of Troy and Riker took time away from the Enterprise cast. They should have made a 2 hr series finale.

Tasha Yar - now that is a name from the past. That was a meaningless death. I can't remember the details of her leaving the show but to kill her character off like that was useless. JUST like Trip's. However, as one of the articles above state, his death was predetermined even if there was a next season.

We can only hope for another ST movie. Still sad. :cry: