Whats up with the roaches???

EEonBB

Roaches come into dwellings via water sources such as water pipes or sewers and most frequently inhabit kitchens and bathrooms. Roaches are not indigenous to the U.S.A., they were brought in via ships from southern Europe and Africa but they cannot live in desert conditions so travel between buildings via sewer and water pipes. They do not need left-over food, crumbs, etc. because they will eat anything that is carbon-based (i.e, anything that was once living such as wood, paper, etc.). It is a misnomer than roaches are attracted to dirty people but it does require a vigilant and diligent homowner to keep them at bay. Once you start to see roaches, there is already a huge infestation inside the walls, beneath the floors, etc. so it is highly unlikely that this infestation was caused by or started by the current houseguests though it is very ironic that they now have more than one bug room! :lol::lol::lol:

I do like the idea that CBS let their pet roaches escape to upset the HGs! Perhaps the next HOH contest winner could be the HG that catches the highest number of roaches! Ugh! :unsure:

There are several types of roach; some are small and brown and really fast (most common indoors) and some are large and black (and a little slower). In Florida and Texas they are really huge but the California black ones are usually no more than an inch in length. Most roaches only come out at night (which is why they scatter if you turn the lights on). You might ask why I know so much - I hate them and are 100% determined never to let them move in and stay! However, if I had a choice of roaches moving in or Boobie, it would be a really difficult decision! :lol::lol::lol:

Orion, you still need to read again. You accused me of starting this thread to attack Erika and Dani.

I believe I said that if I had to pick the houseguests who brought them in, I would say Erika and Diane.

In all honesty, we know they could have been brought in by anyone. But several seem to be associating the roaches with Erika.....so there is a reason for that. Even if she didn't bring them in, there is a reason she is being associated with them. Nuff Said.

We have those flying roaches in Alabama. We refer to them as water bugs or Palmetto bugs. They can't really fly so much as they can flap their wings & make their decent from the ceiling to the floor slower & more erratic. When they flap you never know which way they are going to land so I find it is best to run out of the room flapping your own arms like a crazy person to make sure they don't land on you :wacko::o

F.Y.I...my bugman told me that these humongous roaches aren't the kind that infest, they die within 24 hours of entering the house. That's why you always see them belly up on the kitchen floor in the morning :lol:

dumblonde, your words about running out of the room made me howl. My mom is TERRIFIED of bugs and when I was younger we had one of those BIG BUGS in our kitchen. My mom told me to kill it.

Even though I am TERRIFIED of bugs I tried. In Bama you do what your mom says or you bite the dust. :lol:

Just as I went to hit it my mom SCREAMED bloody murder and gave me heartfailure. My Dad came running up front and was ready to kill ME because I scared my mom. I had to leave the room for awhile so my Dad could cool off.

I would have to leave the house because of the roaches. I don't even try to kill them now, my husband or my 2 boys, ages 11 and 7 have to do it for me. I have to leave the room until it's done. Is that pitifull or what?

Bamabelle I am terrified of those biga$$ed roaches too. I mean if you squish them with a shoe they are so ewwww :unsure::o & I can't stand to be touching the object that is touching the roach :P . I live alone so I am forced to deal with them. I just spray them with Raid & run like hell. They usually die or go off to die (I hope) :lol:

How big are roaches, cause the only ones I've seen are in the bug exhibit at the zoo, and they are almost the size of the palm of my hand. If I saw one in my house I would probably pee my pants and go rock in the corner. :(

Archived