Jem

cast_01.gif

nav-notour_12.jpg

SPOILERS - Highlight to read

Stargate Atlantis (SciFi) -

> Season 2 starts in July

03/23 - Episode 2.01 - The Siege, Part 3 [Airing July 15]

03/23 - Episode 2.02 - Intruder

02/01 - Episode 2.03 - Runner: Sheppard and Teyla are captured by a human-like warrior from another planet. They get to know him, and find out he's on the run from the Wraith for seven years running. The Atlantis crew try to help him get rid of them for good. Ford gained some superhuman capabilities. Sheppard is promoted to Lt. Colonel, but now has a new boss, Colonel Caldwell.

04/08 - Episode 2.04 - Duet: The team is on a planet that has been heavily attacked by the Wraith. A female lieutenant joined the security team, and she's not getting along with most of the regulars. The planet comes under attack again, and the team must hide to keep their lives.

05/03 - Episode 2.05 - Trinity: Teyla goes on a mission to with Ronon Dex, to a planet she was on before. There Ronon learns that more of his race survived, as he runs into an old acquaintance.

05/16 - Episode 2.06 - Condemned: Sheppard crashes his puddle jumper on a planet, more specifically an island where only convicts live. These convicts are offered up to the Wraith by the leader of the planet.

03/23 - Episode 2.07 - Aurora

05/03 - Episode 2.08 - Epiphany

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

As for Stargate: Atlantis ... I think this year they will really hit big ... the first year is about setting the stage, year two sets the tone for the rest of the series!

As for Stargate Atlantis, I think this is an intriguing show with unique characters and special effects. I find every episode to be very suspenseful. The characters play off of each other perfectly adding a bit of humor to break the tension. Those Raith are the creepiest characters & can scare the h*ll out of you....I would never want to run into anything like that in my lifetime!!!! :shock:

Guest ranster627

I think we will find Season One of Atlantis was the worst, and I love it ... this show is hot and will only get better and stronger!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Stargate Atlantis

Look out! Here comes the Daedalus! Granted, the idea of James Joyce's spiritually obsessed alter ego coming to aid the embattled garrison of Atlantis is a really weird idea. I suppose that's why the Atlantis writers didn't think of it. This Daedalus is actually an

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

Stargate Atlantis

I apologize in advance if I leave out some key detail of this episode, as I was distracted by the surprise appearance of Hoppy the Shrieking Locust, who infiltrated the kitchen after my dad left the screen door open. Keeping one eye on the TV as we went a-hunting for Hoppy, it dawned on me that our mission paralleled that of the Atlantis team. Sheppard and Co. were searching for the errant, Wraith-enzyme-wacky Ford, whose erratic behavior wasn

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

Stargate Atlantis

I'll admit that I found the idea of having Rodney McKay share his body with a woman about as inspired as my composing a rock opera about George Peppard (you try to find a rhyme for Banacek). I don't know about you, but I'm still traumatized by William Shatner's interpretation of a woman in Captain Kirk's body in Star Trek's "Turnabout Intruder." But here, David Hewlett kept the histrionics to a minimum (no tacky simpering or sashaying, thank you very much) to depict the awkward and hilarious coexistence of McKay and Lieutenant Cadman (Jamie Ray Newman), who were lumped together in the former's body after Zalenka (David Nykl) tried to free them from a Wraith Dart ship. Sure it's a rip-off of All of Me, but it's a top-notch rip-off and a great showcase for Atlantis' petulant genius. The smooch Hewlett plants on Paul McGillion's Beckett (Cadman has a crush on the Scottish doc) at the finale has to go down as an all-time classic Stargate moment (can you imagine O

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

Stargate Atlantis

Speaking of homages, somebody has been watching The Fly (or cramming some Kafka). Poor Sheppard caught a bug that nearly turned him into a bug after he was bit by a crazy lady under the influence of Beckett's retrovirus. First he outhustles Ronon in the corridors of the city, then he turns a sparring match with the sticks into an excuse to make a pass at Teyla (although why it took Beckett's virus strain to get Sheppard interested has yet to be explained). Once again, it's personality-change time in Atlantis. Weir tries to cheer up the manic Sheppard, but comforting words aren't her forte. "'We're going to beat this'?" Sheppard mimics incredulously. "You really suck at this whole bedside manner thing, but I appreciate the effort." (I would've been cheered just by the sight of Torri Higginson in a T-shirt, but then I've never morphed into an insect.) To be fair to Elizabeth, she doesn't have much to work with. Later on in the story, Sheppard greets her with "My body's turning into a bug. How are you?" There aren't many good responses to a line like that. Sure, you could make a comparison to Keith Richards, or say something like "If there's one person who won't have to worry about nuclear fallout, it's you," but I doubt it would brighten Sheppard's spirits any. By the time he prowled about in that hood, John looked like Emperor Palpatine. He got better.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

Stargate Atlantis

Atlantis fanatics will have to wait until January to see what that wicked Wraith chick has planned for Sheppard, the encounters with the missing Ancients and Ford's "Lost Boys" left us with plenty to ponder 'til then. As I suspected, that black left eye (and I'm not talking about a bruise) of Ford's was a side-effect of the Wraith enzyme. Perhaps this enzyme plotline is an allegory for the dangers of steroid use. It would explain why everyone exposed to it acted like Jose Canseco. Ford kindly decided to share his stash, dosing Teyla, Ronon and Rodney against their will. Predictably, Rodney freaked out: "This is exactly what happened when I toked pot once in college!" Teyla and Ronon freaked too, only violently. I suspected they were beginning to lose control when they they spontaneously began to spar at Ford's dinner table. Ford has also developed as an actor. His pining for home tricked Sheppard into revealing his planned double-cross. Holding Rodney as a hostage, Ford blackmailed Sheppard into flying a Wraith dart ship as part of a crackpot commando mission to get inside a Hive vessel and blow it up. Most adventure series have the given hand-picked team dance around a few dangers and then get away with their target blown to smithereenies. Didn't work here, hence Sheppard encounter with said heinous Wraith chick.

The Aurora tale was a little misleading. It suggested the team ran into Ancients, which they did, but they were of the pre-ascended variety. Sheppard had to put himself in stasis to interact with the crew, who have been living in a virtual reality environment for 10,000 years without appearing bored. That must be some program. Intrigue was provided by a Wraith that took control of the Aurora's first officer. I didn't understand why Rodney just didn't kill it off the bat. The only explanation is that Sheppard might have looked like a killer in front of the crew. Then again, he could have used the computer trickery (literally popping in and out at will) to convince the captain he was legit. Either that or made himself look even guiltier. Questions give me a headache and cause my nose to run. I've noticed that whenever the team comes close to a technology that will kill the Wraith it always seems to slip through their fingers. We get the point folks. The denouement was dignified, as Sheppard led a toast to the doomed crew, whose ship was destroyed to keep it out of the Wraith's clutches.

• 2 months later...

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Stargate Atlantis (SciFi) Updated on December 9

> Airing Fridays at 9 p.m. Season 2 will resume in Winter 2006. The series has been renewed for a 3rd season.

10/24 - Episode 2.11 - The Hive [Airing January 6]: Sheppard is captured by the wraith, along with a female from another planet. She suggests to come back home with Sheppard after they get out of their capture, because she doesn't have anything to go home to. Ford and Weir also appear in this episode.

11/02 - Episode 2.12 - Epiphany: Sheppard encounters a world where he is revered as someone who can protect them from evil.

11/07 - Episode 2.13 - Critical Mass: The Atlantis team is infiltrated by the Goa'uld, and everyone rushes to find out who is human and who is not. McKay gets a new female scientist on his team, and he likes her in more than one way.

11/14 - Episode 2.14 - Grace Under Pressure

11/14 - Episode 2.15 - The Ties That Bind (f.k.a. The Tower): Sheppard and the team arrive at a planet where the royal family all posess the Ancient gene, and the breed specifically to keep it in the family. OVer the centuries it degraded, so they want Sheppard to 'help out'. The Royal Family protects the inhabitants from the Wraith from a big tower.

11/21 - Episode 2.16 - Michael: Dr. Beckett is experimenting on a captured wraith, and the results are not good.

11/21 - Episode 2.17 - The Long Goodbye

11/28 - Episode 2.18 - Coup d'

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Stargate Atlantis

Does any actor have more fun with a role than David Hewlett? This week an injection of the Wraith enzyme turned McKay into the Neurotic with the Golden Arm. Determined to get a hold of the crystals to access the Stargate (and get reinforcements to rescue Sheppard and Co.), McKay shoots the enzyme into his arm and turns into Superwhiner, tossing aside the meatheads Ford assigned to guard him with the greatest of ease ("That's what happens when you back a brilliant scientist into a corner!"). Of course, highs must come down, and Big Rodney is in for a mighty fall when he enters withdrawal. Delirious with paranoia, he accuses Beckett of being jealous of his genius and demands that everyone stop whispering so loudly. "I feel not unlike the priest in the Exorcist," the Scottish doc tells Weir. Back aboard the Hive ship, this sharp-eyed viewer couldn't help but notice that many of the Wraiths had dreads, though none looked anywhere near as cool as Ronon. Despite this and a minor subplot involving a planted prisoner, Sheppard's efforts to escape the Wraith vessels weren't nearly as compelling as McKay's jonesing. Still, one can hardly gripe about a story that ends with two Hive ships blowing each other to bits.

• 2 months later...

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Airing Fridays at 9 p.m. The series has been renewed for a 3rd season of 20 episodes.

03/19 - Episode 3.01 - No Man's Land [summer 2006]: This episode will be a follow up to Season 2's finale.

03/19 - Episode 3.02 - The Misbegotten

03/19 - Episode 3.03 - Sateda: The Wraith have a lead on where Ronon is and the team gets in trouble because of that. They are all on a planet were Ronon was before when he was still being hunted and the locals remember him.

SPOILER ALERT..HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

03/27 - Episode 3.04 - Progeny: The leader of a planet holds Weir and the rest of the crew captive, and after finding out that the humans can't be of any service to him, he decides to kill them. A few high-ranking officials do not agree and help them escape. The crew finds out that the people of the planet decend from the Ancients, but are reprogrammed to be violent.

04/03 - Episode 3.05 - The Real World: In this Weir-centric episode, Elisabeth wakes up in a sanatorium. She believes that everything about the Stargate and Atlantis was just in her head. The doctor who's treating her is not who he seems. Slowly Elisabeth starts to wonder what's really going on, and what is real or not.

04/10 - Episode 3.06 - Irresistible: A man from another planet comes through the Stargate and spends time with McKay. The other inhabitants from his planet seem to miss him, because they can't funtion properly without him being present, or it has something to do with a liquid he drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

04/25 - Episode 3.07 - Common Ground

04/25 - Episode 3.08 - McKay And Mrs. Miller: McKay visits his sister Jeanie and her husband and daughter. They don't really know what to think of him. McKay and his sister bicker about the past. Jeanie also has the mannerisms we know from McKay. Rodney wants her to come with him and help out for a few months, because she's at least as brilliant as he is.