Rumours

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627

well I really meant it as a witty remark ... I would not want returnees that's for sure, but them most of all ... I sooooooo need a break from Romber!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes funny But I didnt like the way he acted on the amazing race.He got on my last nerve.(which is hard with all my kids they tend to do that)

Okay I may get things thrown at me here but here I go anyways.I think the way Rob acted on AR was the way anyone in his shoes would have acted.Romber had ppl against them right from the very first show.Ppl didnt want to be nice to them or help them out at all.They were always talking behind their backs.So I think he acted just the way most would.The only thing I didnt like is what he said about the older ladt when she fell and hit her head.That was awful.

I dont want to start another Romber thread.

Here is what Allison said on welovebigbrother.com

New 2 Story house Confirmed. Has a "Lofty" feel.

- First Publications of the house should be the week of the 27th

- She thinks it is one of the best cast's they have ever had. Very Diverse, very Bright.

- 13-14 Houseguests

- Opportunities for the audience to interact (NOT voting contestants out)

- Tank of Water is still in the house. Something will be in there as far as pets go.

I wonder how it will go with the feeds with a bigger house. :?:

Better not be a bunch of wanna be actors again! :roll:

Hmmmm, wonder who they will be.. so exciting! :D :shock:

Shame we cant vote them out! :twisted:

If they have fish this year. I'm going to go INSANE with the bubble noises. :evil:

Guest ranster627

I have read several places now that the theme is "New Beginnings" ... wonder if the whole show is new or going back to its roots?

Maybe bb is trying to be a match maker and put all single people in there to mingle together and maybe that is what they mean by "new beginings" trying to get everyone to start a "new" relationship. Okay that sounds really silly but it's an idea. :rofl

I just had a major idea. Jem just put something up saying that the theme this year is "summer of secrets" well the rebuilt the house and it is two stories. Maybe they put in secret hidding spaces and tunnels. They wouldn't of course tell the hg that they were there, they would have to find them on their own. Could you imagine what would happen if there was a tunnel that they could go in and listen in on stuff all over the house?

Well to ease my excitement for BB6 ive been constantly checking out Mortys and other BB sites. Today I found this - News & Announcements

Big Brother 6 New Season Begins July 7th 2005

Bigger, Better Big Brother 6!

A Season of Discovery

Big Brother 6 will be full of surprises! There will be MORE contestants than usual, in a much BIGGER house featuring a pool nearly twice as big as the old one, a new, two-story house built in the same studio that Yes, Dear once called home. Exec producers Arnold Shapiro and Allison Grodner said the new digs will open up a slew of production possibilities. Julie Chen tells us "This summer you'll see some big changes. Stay tuned."

BB6 starts July 7th - new episodes will air Thursday and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Tuesdays at 9 p.m.

More BB6 Info Here

Guest ranster627

good thread start ... it seems like when we heard a month ago about a House Moderator, we joked about it, but never really discussed it ... I have heard it will be someone "outside" the house ... after thinking about it, I am convinced it will be like the voice of BB they have in other countries (but that is just my speculation) ...

I have also heard that one whole side of the house will be "glass-like" giving better camera angles, hence the lofty feel ...

We started a discussion on that and must of went off track or something.

My hope is that they hired someone to host the show so the HGs aren't being dragged off to record all the narration in the DR. "Paint us a picture with words." BB kept telling them!

Some HGs cooperated and would go right into the routine: "Well, we went out to the backyard and it looked beautiful, just like Christmas...." and with others it was like pulling teeth. Alison used to get mad and say, "Look, just tell me what you want me to say! " I can't remember the which HG it was, but I remember him bitchin' "I can't remember at what happened at the challenge, they have the video tape of it, why don't they just play it back for me, and I'll give them full color commentary."

I'm probablly wrong, the moderator might be some kind of judge or something. It just bugs me that they spend so much money on BB and still make it look cheap by not even having a host or the full $1 Mil prize like other shows.

And another thing that bugs me (not that anyone asked) is that around this time of year, the TV critics all write stuff like me "CBS has decided to bring back the lowest of all the reality shows again this summer. Why doesn't CBS just let it die?" They always make it sound like they just heard it's coming back or that it's not successful in the ratings. BB does good in the ratings and it isn't being "revived" it was planned, just as BB7 is already planned for next summer. I bet we beat the Donald's ratings on "The Apprentice" and the critics will never mention that.

Let's face it, Big Brother Rules! But I don't know what the moderator will do.

I'm thinking that the "moderator" will be someone that comes in and does the challenges and stuff like Jeff in survivor. Maybe even do some "questioning" on eviction night. I think when Jeff interviews people at TC he sometimes turns the light bulb on in some of there heads as to what might be going on... maybe BB wants the same kind of pot stirring to happen. So, that things like the 6 finger plan won't happen. Cause believe me if an outside person had said to Jase... "so, do you really believe that you're save this week"... it would have given Jase enough of a wake up call to see he was having the wool pulled over his eyes... imo.

Or it's like ranster said and the "BB voice" is going to new.

Just thought of this... does it say the moderator will be living with them?

Guest ranster627

Well Ceci, in the beginning they were speculating that the Moderator would live with them and Moderate "between" the two storeys of the new house ... now the concensus "speculation" based on something someone heard somewhere from someone seems to be that they won't ...

We will all know real soon!

Surely it wouldn't be someone that would live with them to be seen face to face. They aren't supposed to have any contact with the "outside world". Maybe it will be someone that will be behind a screen, so only their voice can be heard. Then when 2 or more are having an argument or whatever they will bring them in front of "the screen" to discuss it. Because isn't a moderator one that "keeps the peace", type of person? Just another option to ponder. :)

Guest Shockalot

That is AWESOME Webbles!

Last year they tried a similar thing with the HoH getting access to certain cameras but for some reason it didnt really 'take off' for all it was worth.

THIS would be a very very interesting twist.

Maybe a random bed somewhere has a secret door beneath it. (or perhaps a contest winner gets a secret key)

Oh man!.. Can you imagine it because you have one player who actually DOES know all the insider plotting and scheming.. unfortunately for them, they would be no more believable than anyone else or thought to be coming up with a scheme themselves.

Honestly Im surprised someone hasnt gone and hid under the HoH bed to secretly listen in on things yet.

I would!

Just saw that Will Kirby and Mike "Boogie" Malin from BB2 will be on the newly announced "Battle of the Network Reality Stars" show that will premier on August 17 on teh Bravo Network. Also in the contestant list will be Richard Hatch and Susan Hawk from Survivor 1. This is a new show which is modeled on the 70's game show "Battle of the Network Stars".

For more on the new show see

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articl...tory.php?s=3572

Well with BB6 being a "Summer of Secrets", I thought I'd outline some of the big secret twists from BBUK which could fit in with the theme.

Most of these I've posted before around this forum, but now I'll look at them from the US angle and see if they can be adapted to work within the US format.

Firstly, a few from last year:

The Secret Bedsit

Probably BBUK's most famous twist - two HMs leave the house in a fake double eviction. The HMs then spend the next five days in a secret bedsit where they watch and listen to live action from the house, 24 hours a day. They can also punish some HMs with cold showers etc - and also get to vote in the nominations. A few days later, they return to the house.

The HoH system makes staging a fake double eviction difficult. I'd suggest that the first America's Choice at the end of the premiere show is to vote for one houseguest to move into the "Secret Apartment".

In the second show of the series, the HGs are surprised when Julie tells them their will be a double eviction - and that the viewers have determined who goes - an even greater shock as this hasn't happened since BB1. Actually, the viewers only determine the first "evictee" to move into the "Secret Apartment". Once they move in, they choose a second person to join them.

The first HoH challenge then takes place. The "evictees" get to vote in the first eviction round, then rejoin the house after the first eviction.

The Bootcamp

A secret message instructed one HM into the diary room. They had to select one person to join them as being Sergeants, with the other six HMs being privates.

The Sergeants then had to ensure the Privates passed a series of challenges. If the Privates failed, the Sergeants would be up for eviction. If the Privates passed the task, the Sergeants would be immune and the Privates would face eviction. The Sergeants knew this - the Privates didn't!

Again, this would need reworking for the Head of Household concept. I would love to see a scenario where the HoH could find themselves evicted. I'd suggest in this case the HoH is made Sergeant, with the other HMs privates. Nominations and the Veto take place as usual - but if the Privates pass the task, the HoH gets the sole vote in determining which nominee is evicted. If the Privates fail the task, the HoH is evicted!

The Secret Eviction

In the final week of the series the HM with the lowest amount of votes is called to the diary room and immediately evicted without saying goodbye to the others.

Again, the US format makes this quite difficult. Can't really see this happening!

Moving on to secret twists from this year - the official theme of BBUK6 has been "Unlucky!" - but this series has featured alot of "Secret Missions".

Nominate Me!

Upon entering the house, BB called asked for a HM to go to the diary room. Makosi answered the call and found herself automatically up for eviction. The only way to save herself was to get the most nominations the next week - which meant doing her best to annoy the HMs.

She did this, and then got to choose the real nominees to face the public vote

A brilliant twist, but again the different format makes things difficult. It could be done in the form of a "Secret Veto". The challenge is set before the first HoH challenge, with the HG told they must try and get the HoH to nominate them. If successful, they will get to save themselves AND nominate a replacement. If not, they will replace one nominee and be automatically up for eviction.

Becoming Big Brother

The HM who could count the highest (sounds boring, but it was the funniest piece of TV this year!) had a secret mission to become Big Brother. They could set questions for a HM to answer in the diary room, then watch them on a secret screen in the toilet. They also got to choose a punishment for one naughty HM and witness the evidence that meant one HMs rule breaking put all HMs up for eviction.

The voice of "Big Brother" is completly edited out in the US version - though the rumoured "House Moderator" could see it return. It's possible though that one HG could have the sort of privileges outlined above.

On the spot Missions

In addition to the big missions, quick secret missions have been set to earn things like underwear, toilet roll and alcohol. These includes not swearing or saying Yes or No, slapping everyone on the bottom and receiving a kiss from all HMs.

Not spectacular twists, but a good five minutes of TV.

Room 101

Each HM is required to complete a shift in solitary confinement each day in the BB Workhouse. Worker No. 1 will work in Room 101, No. 2 in Room 102, No. 3 in Room 103 etc.

Or that is what Worker No. 1 believes! In fact, he is the only one completing shifts in the BB Workhouse. The other HMs are enjoying garden parties - with the real task being that they must convince Worker No. 1 that they too have been at work in the Workhouse.

A brilliant, ingenious challenge. He didn't suspect a thing, and had no reason too! Watching the HMs try and explain themselves each day was brilliant - especially when one of them got very very drunk one afternoon while they were supposed to be shelling prawns.

The continuous Weekly Tasks aren't a feature of BBUSA, so it's unlikely this will occur.

The Secret Garden

The big new twist (full details in the BBUK thread) sees three NEW HMs living in the Secret Garden - but they have no food, clothes or toiletries. These must be stolen from the house without the other HMs discovering the new HMs.

However, they won't be doing the raiding. After pressing a button placed in the house, Makosi once again is automatically up for eviction, with only a secret mission to save her. She must steel the items from the house and deliver them to the secret garden, without the other HMs knowing!

An original way to introduce new HGs mid-series - but you never get new HMs late on, so it's doubtful this will crop up.

And there you have it! However, it's worth noting that with the US version following different rules to all other Big Brother's, they don't usually borrow ideas from overseas.

So it's likely that the twists involved will be pretty original - so for now they'll remain a secret!

Guest Shockalot

Keep em coming BrekkieBoy!!

These are all fantastic and I definately think BBUSA is going to borrow some concepts from BBUK, which I think has been much more creative along 'Sociological' experiments.

Honestly I would much rather see a 'competition' which features some complex week long 'secret tasks' than just another gameshow buzzer-beater situation.

Ok.. I still say Big Brother USA is just dying to do the whole Shemale thing. Judging by the outrageous and overwhelming fan/hatemail I got when the rumour first started 2 years ago - it would definately pack in the viewers!!!

IM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE!!!

Guest ranster627

MOD infommercial here:

Brekkie also offers great ongoing coverage of the goings on at the UK BB House in the all new International Forum ...

But I digress,

I would love the US BB team to take those Words "Big Brother" to the max and be very Orwellian! :wink:

Ok! that would be amazing, no wonder the Uk is full out obsesses with BB. If BB US used ANY of those ideas it would make the show a millions times more entertaining. I think the show need some fun random events because at times the show can just have people sitting around waiting for things to happen. Also it would bring back the real spirit of the show; the game is suppoed to be about you winning for yourself, lately it has been bringing a group as far as they can. If people were given secret challenges they would have to fight for themselves or risk being eliminated.

thanks for that thought-provoking post!!

Guest ranster627

Great post and sourcing Hanklee ... my understanding is that they are being sequestered Monday too ... that would make sense, because then they would have some time to learn the ropes, the rules, and so on ... it would also likely be the time when producers make the decisions about who gets in (re: alternates).

I remember every other premiere, and the finding bed thing was always taped( :?: ) ....

I tend to think they would go in around the 4th or so ... that way footage of them could be gathered and so on ... but I am just approaching this from a "speculation" point of view ...

Long Story Short: I do agree they will be sequestered on Monday! :wink: Call it a gut feeling ... :?

Guest Shockalot

Awesome Hanlee!!

Mike Boogie is probably one of my least favourite guests of all time but its gonna be great to see him and Will in this thing.

Even better.. Matt Kennedy Gould aka Joe Schmo.. and that has me psyched!!