Coup D' etat, Won by Boogie... what now?

CeCiMom

The hg could probaby deduce what the power is. I'm guessing they all had to pack their bags tonight in the event Boogie had used his power. With Julie asking if the winner would like to use their power it would be obvious to everyone that it would have something to do with evicting. They're probably all assuming the power is to instantly evict someone though.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all depends on who wins the veto comp this week because Coup can't put them up.

if CT ever wanted to get rid of Janelle, this is the eviction for it...

put Janelle AND Howie on the block...

ericka votes to evict janelle

danielle votes to evict janelle

james votes to evict janelle

will votes to evict janelle

CG can vote for whoever he wants, it doesn't matter...

Janelle would have no opportunity to remove herself and no chance of swinging votes. while I don't like the way she plays, she's an awesome competitor and has the potential to win any comp whether it is fixed or not.

Janell would never be as helpless as she would be right then. she'll always be a threat to win HOH and, if you dont remove her now, we're getting close to the time where she will be eligible for all of the remaining POV comps (when house would be down to 6 people)

IF, she doesn't win the POV... :blink:

thought julie said that BB would not reveal who won the power untill booger decides to use i dont remember her telling him he couldnt tell anyone....maybe i missed that .

she said that in the DR when they told him that he won the Coup. said that he couldn't reveal the power to anyone

G told Jan and H he would NOT put them up, then noted that that makes him vulnerable.

Right now G & H, E & D, W & James are playing for PoV.

W. won't win it (because then if he didn't take J. off he'd lose that alliance, AND G. might put up MG (it would HAVE to be him or D.) and then MB would have to use his coup-power.

G & H are odds on not to win.

So it looks like a competition among D, E and James.

And if D wins and takes off E (would she? or would she save James?) then G. MUST put up one of CT (or break his word to Jan & H, which I don't think he'd do.)

G. also told D. he wasn't backdooring her; if she tells him after PoV that she took that as a guarantee she wouldn't be used as a replacement, he may STILL feel he has to put up one of CT as the replacement.

Actually, it would be smarter for Boogie to not use Coup for the next eviction unless one of them is put up through Veto. If Janelle were put up and evicted now, with Howie as a non-threat attention would be focused on the next strongest alliance in the house, Will and Boogie. I Boogie is smart, he keeps Janelle to keep the focus off of them and stay longer together in the game. In fact, unless either one of them is nominated he shouldn't use the Coup until the last eviction the Coup can be used.

But Boogie WILL use the coup to save himself . . . if James or Erika wins POV, Mike is probably going to go up because Booger's coup power gives George an out from having to be the bad guy. If Mike is forced to use it this week, they may think better now than never and put Janelle up (?) I don't know who else Mike would want to nominate . . . (?)

I'm livid that CT can't/doesn't follow ONE rule that they are given. Earlier tonight Boogie did everthing but, tell Danielle the exact script that Julie told Boogie when he was told he was the Coup d Etat Winner and how the power works. She knows and Will knows how he gets to use the power... I could swear we were told that the Winner was NOT allowed to tell the other houseguests.

THEN just now Boogie got excited while he and Will were talking privately and he was convincing Will that this is the time to use the Coup power... he accidently let it slip that he has the power.

Now, what the hell are the producers going to do... cause if nothing is done then you conspiracy theorists will have me on board cause it's total BS that he will still have this power after abusing it. The point of this is that it drops a bomb on the dime and there won't be time for strategizing... etc.

CBS!!! Take Boogie's power away... he obviously doesn't feel the rules apply to him!

(Ok, rant over... sorry all... I'm a bit feisty tonight.)

Guest StarBaby

I agree with you CeCi. It is a total crock that Boogie is allowed to tell anyone. If some of the HG's know what the power is, then they all deserve to know. And it does take away the whole "drop the bomb" effect of the coup. Now they have time to plan it out, decide who votes for whom, etc. I call "bullshit".

From the show tonight:

Mike, please go to the DR

Julie: Hi Mike, it's Julie, Congratulations, you were the first HG to answer correctly

Mike: YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Julie: and....you have won the power we call the Coup D'etat. Here's how it works. You may excercise this power only once and it's valid for the next 3 evictions beginning tonight. Right before the voting takes place, I will ask if the person with this special power is prepared to use it. If you are, you will stand up and overthrow the HOH by replacing the 2 nominees with anyone you want. The only exceptions are the dethrowned HOH and the veto winner, who as you know are immune from being nominated. The vote will then take place immediately. Neither you or the dethroned HOH will be allowed to vote. In the event of a tie, YOU will be the one to break it. Now, Big Brother will not reveal this power to the other HG's, until the day you choose to use it, so choose wisely.

Mike: ok (gets up and walks out) ummm, I'm speechless for the first time in 40 some odd days, you got me BB, I'm speechless.

Commercial

When they came back, Julie informed the HG's that someone had won and said that the person who would was not allowed to reveal the power until it is used. She then asked if the person wanted to use it and Boogie just sat there looking like the cat that ate the canary.

SO....We never saw anything about the power being stripped if he does tell, but they may have told him that in the DR and not shown it. Everyone in the house was pretty sure he had won it, so maybe they are just still going on that assumption. I have yet to hear him actually discuss it with Will, but I was gone tonight for awhile and away from the feeds.

I say, it should be stripped if he told anyone about it. Why would anyone want to try for HoH knowing he has that kind of power? Give him some beers and get him drunk and he will spill the beans.

Dep

What COULD the power be?

Let's think like a HG (except, maybe, H.):

Julie offered a chance to use it just before voting started, so it must affect the voting somehow:

Possibilities:

1. cancel a vote (or two): the power to cancel ONE vote was already given and Julie said this power is greater than anything before; so even cancelling 2 votes wouldn't be much of a "twist."

2. Cancelling ALL votes - that is, getting to pick WHICH of the 2 on the block is evicted. THis is one active possibility.

3. Taking one (or both) nominees off the block. This is no more than PoV (or double PoV), which, again has been done (or isn't much of a twist.)

4. Taking one (or two) off AND naming their replacements.

So there are really only 3 possibilities: choosing which nominee to evict, or removing one nom and replacing it, or removing both noms and replacing them.

There aren't any other possibilites. And the last two are pretty much identical from most HG's perspectives, since if they're the one who is going to be put up as a replacement it doesn't matter to them whether the other nom stays the same or not.

So either the coup-power is to cancel the vote and make the choice yourself, or to replace one of the noms.

And I'm not sure that anything has been said by anyone (except MB to D. in assuring her she would not leave if put up as a replacement) that reflects anything beyond this reasoning.

Guest StarBaby

Sam, did you not watch the show tonight? It was pretty clearly explained what the coup power was and how it could be used.

StarBaby:

I suspect (or at least hope) that most readers understood the post:

Many posters had written that they inferred from things they heard a HG say that MB had told her/him something about the coup-power.

But my post shows that the number of possibilities for what the power "COULD be" (NOT, "could BE") is very small and then lists them. And it concludes:

"And I'm not sure that anything has been said by anyone (except MB to D. in assuring her she would not leave if put up as a replacement) that reflects anything beyond this reasoning."

Clearer now?

With Booger winning it.....the Coup d'etat will NEVER be used.

WHY.......because Booger would only use it if him or Will are on the block. Everybody knows Booger won a "Power" and has figured out what it can do. So no one is going to put up Booger or Will while the power can be used.

Booger does NOT care who leaves.....as long as it's NOT him or Will. He also would not use it to ssave anybody other that him or Will because it would expose their lies to all of their many fake alliances.

It could have been such a good twist if only ANYBODY other than Booger or Will had won it.

NOW the Coup d'Etat will NOT be used and will go down as just ANOTHER LAME BB twist that amounted to NOTHING.

Does anybody else feel foolish for all the speculating about the Coup d'Etat over the last week and thinking there was FINALLY going to be a "cool" twist in the BB house??????????????????

At least if Howie or Jani got it........it would have turned the entire house upside down....when they took themselves off the block and destroyed the other alliance. ANYTHING would have been better than NOTHING happening with it.

Just another LAME A*S and boring non- happening BB twist.

I hate to be like this but I'm just sick of the hgs breaking the rules constantly and getting away with it. So here's the deal.

If Boogie uses the coup this week and Janelle goes home because of it, I would urge all Janie fans to email CBS about Boogie talking about his power to his alliance even though Julie specifically said he was not allowed to reveal it to anyone prior to using it. It allows him to discuss voting strategies with his alliance and that is simply not fair since a caveat of the coup power was that you'd need to vote immediately without dicussion.

This game just gets more and more crooked every week to the point where you almost have to wonder if everything is on a pre-determined outcome. I'm getting sick of watching this spoiled twits make money for being jerkoffs and ruining the integrity of the game.

I think the Coup D'Etat should be taken away from Boogie because he revealed that he won it to Will. I thought he was not to reveal it to any of the others until he was ready to use it?

Not only that but, he spelled it out for Danielle what his power was... he was talking in words like.... "let's say this happens"... and she would respond and he would say yes/no... if not that then what... and she would guess as to what his power is and he would be like... that's a great thought. By the end of the conversation she knew it wasn't to evict someone but, to change the nominations... the only part she has wrong is that she thinks it's to change 1 nomination... not both.

He has completely violated the spirit of this game and the use of the specific power... it should be taken away from him.

IMO

So this special power can change the nom's. Anyone but the HoH and POV winner can be nominated, so if Boogie is not on the block and then decides to use the power, he can be nominated? So really, it's only worth his while if he is on the block.

It's also nice to see George win HoH. Not my fav player but it's good to have someone win the HoH who is not directly alligned with a group, a good way to mix things up.

I totally agree with you Xal.Boogie should definitely lose the power since he revealed it to his alliance.

What kind of integrity is that for CBS?? They should do something about that?

And it is true, I loved Big Brother a lot, but after seeing this year's game, to me a lot of the integrity of the show has gone down the tubes.

Wow, I just learned also that Boogie THREATENED CG with the use of the Coup saying if he didn't put Janie up he was going to get in trouble with the Coup. I can't freaking believe the producers are allowing this to happen. Hell, everyone says BB has been doing things so that Janie stays yet if that was true why are the producers allowing Boogie to threaten people with a power he's not even supposed to mention he has in order to get Janie out?

I'll repeat, if you are a Janie fan or even an unbiased fan of BB, things like this ruin the integrity of the game so please email CBS and let it be known you are not happy. Hell, if you can do it, if you're not too addicted, boycott the show like I will be doing if they don't penalize Boogie somehow for pulling this crap.

Boogie could overthrouh the HOH (George) and nominate anyone but George and James (the POV winner). If he went with the house he could get Janelle evicted. I do think he wants to save it in case he or Will go on the block next eviction ceremony.

Archived